Game-Labs Forum

Just an idea, it would be really nice to buy or somehow aquire more dock spaces. 

are you talking about more than 5 per port?   if yu are trying to make room for a few cutters and the breaking them up you can drop ships into your fleet to make room.

i have 40 ships....you just need to buy more outposts.

There are only 32 pieces of 6 types in a chess for some reason. So far, no matter how much I argued nobody wants to add more. :P

Seriously though, if I look at the different type of ships we have, we could do with 1 more slot per outpost:

• Fast Trader
  • Heavy Trader
  • 6th rate / Shallow
  • 5th rate / Interceptor / Scout / Light Screener
  • 4th rate / Brawler / Heavy Screener
  • SOL
Everybody should be able to get into any sort of trouble that pops up closeby. :D
  • Like 3

Imho no free upgrade. When you get to the point of running out of ship space, you should be able to recompensate admiralty for providing another mooring for your ship.

Be it an "enhanced dock" in a building (dont shout at me for losing one of your precious money printers :P) or just bare money via upgrade in the port lobby.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

Imho no free upgrade. When you get to the point of running out of ship space, you should be able to recompensate admiralty for providing another mooring for your ship.

Be it an "enhanced dock" in a building (dont shout at me for losing one of your precious money printers :P) or just bare money via upgrade in the port lobby.

Just my 2 cents

Removing a building slot has more implications on the overall economy. That might be dangerous.

A single investment would be simple to enact without many side-effects.

An ongoing money sink might be something to consider, but that might lead to complexities.

I do agree, it doesn't have to be free.

Not removing the building slot. But instead of building another Tobacco-gimme-500k-a-day you may consider upgrading your docks. :)

Oh and i like the tax type of thing too. If youre not able to pay the quartermaster of the harbor your ships are taken into custody except basic cutters. You could calculate the cost after the ship costs (materials?)

Edited by Tyrdael

There are only 32 pieces of 6 types in a chess for some reason. So far, no matter how much I argued nobody wants to add more. :P

Seriously though, if I look at the different type of ships we have, we could do with 1 more slot per outpost:

• Fast Trader
  • Heavy Trader
  • 6th rate / Shallow
  • 5th rate / Interceptor / Scout / Light Screener
  • 4th rate / Brawler / Heavy Screener
  • SOL
Everybody should be able to get into any sort of trouble that pops up closeby. :D

My thinking too, given the variety of ships we can have I suggest something like; one or 2 more mooring spots in a Shipyard/capital city - which can be purchased and 1 more slot in each of your national harbours of course all at a price.