Game-Labs Forum

Equal PVP battles

I have found every PVP battle i have been in lately always seams to be an out numbered battle

I would like to sugest that the battle timer stays open until the BR is reached to give reinforcements a chance to reach the battle

I believe this will increase the chance of even battles

What are everyones thoughts?

I like pvp, but my nation don't do a lot of port battle anymore (lack of players, dicky-timers & alliances are the main reasons for that) so I realy miss something close to fair battels. We go out looking for a good pvp battle in ow, but we alwasy end up ganking someone or getting ganked and it sucks. It's not fun to be 5 against 1, and it's worse to be 1 against 5.

I rely like the idea, and it could be implemented as a 2. attack/tag option. We have a button [Attack], and we could have an button [Attack - Equal BR]. So those of us that wants a fair fight with close to equal BR can choose to attack players with a different attack button. That way the gankers can still gank, and we who are looking for a good fight can choose that instead. 

I have found every PVP battle i have been in lately always seams to be an out numbered battle

I would like to sugest that the battle timer stays open until the BR is reached to give reinforcements a chance to reach the battle

I believe this will increase the chance of even battles

What are everyones thoughts?

Sounds reasonable to me.

Most people hate this 2 minute timer system, most people would rather go back to the old 5 minute timer system, slightly broken as it was. Most people don't come on here and express their views because they've left the game

Explain to me what is tactically intelligent about attacking a single ship outside an enemy port, or a port where the enemy frequents? Because that is not tactically intelligent, that's idiocy. It used to be idiocy in the game until a certain group of loudmouths complained that it was impossible to successfully attack an enemy vessel in unfriendly waters without massive reinforcements coming in. Newsflash, that's how it should be. You're hunting in the wrong waters. You aren't being tactically intelligent if you expect to lead a successful attack in enemy waters with only 1-2 vessels. Your only hope is striking quickly and escaping quickly. If you can't wear down your target in time before reinforcements spawn in, you gotta choose: Run, or try to win anyways. 

I've explained in more than a few posts how the whiners who gave us this current crap timer system (and who fiercely defend it) how they were doing things wrong, attacking the wrong targets, in the wrong locations, without regard to proper strategy. They shoot back and say I dont know their struggle, because I must have never tried.

Please. I was a solo french corsair for most of my time on PvP2. I successfully ambushed pirates, and after, successfully attacked british players. I struck when I knew the odds were against reinforcements arriving in time, in areas that

made it difficult for the enemy to get to in a bad wind. I used everything to my advantage. If there were other french around, sometimes they'd get there to help me. If there were other enemies, sometimes they were able to join as well.

As they well should.

People crying about unfair fights, reinforcements ruining their day, were obviously the minority, or everyone would be loving it and we would have a steady increase of new players who actually stay. Nope. A lot of the new blood has left. More of the old crowd has left. 

Combat isnt fun, nor is it fair, nor is it realistic. Sail with a big crowd, with the right ships, and wait for the right enemy, tag, capture, repeat. In sight of a free town? No worries. A capital nearby? Pfft, doesnt matter. Deep in enemy waters? heh, territory doesnt mean anything anymore. What enemy waters?

• Like 1

The gankers really hate 2 minute timers.  It requires them to actually sail together.  Also notice, people who advocate longer timers also want speed 2x.  Pretty soon we will be back to people able to join who are 20 minutes away, and there is no pvp because you never know who is going to jump in because you can't see over the horizon.  So everyone just runs away.

• Like 2

Explain to me what is tactically intelligent about attacking a single ship outside an enemy port, or a port where the enemy frequents? Because that is not tactically intelligent, that's idiocy. It used to be idiocy in the game until a certain group of loudmouths complained that it was impossible to successfully attack an enemy vessel in unfriendly waters without massive reinforcements coming in. Newsflash, that's how it should be. You're hunting in the wrong waters.

Thank you!! If one goes sailing, wether it's for trading or pvp, they NEED TO KNOW THE AREA. In PVP1, the US controls Florida. If you are a Spanish player, and you decide it's a smart idea to sail up from Cuba to go cruise the coast of Florida, you better be ready! Those are ENEMY WATERS! What in the world are you going to expect?? In the age of sail, if a squadron of say, 3 frigates would come across a lone enemy vessel, they would most certainly attack it! That's called local superiority people. If you are being relentlessly attacked, you need to move to a different area. War isn't nice. Deal with it. This game is about realism, is it not?

As for the battle entry timers, I feel that 2 minutes might be a bit short. Lets get them back to 5! Heck, I remember when they were much longer!

Edited by TheAmerican

As it is now I'm experiencing that 80% of the PvP battels I'm in are ganking battels, and for me that's just not the right stuff. Port battles are still good, but rare. I also prefer fighting in big line ships and I have not been to a single regional capital port battle after the 4. rate patch. So I'm having withdrawal issues from lack of 1. rate battles. 

I'm argumenting for having an option to start a battle that will continue to let players enter the side of the outnumbered team, not a game changing mechanic for all players. For me and hopefully others, it would sort out the bad quality PvP issue instantly. Then we could get a good skilled based fight, and not the ganking stuff we have now.

If I where to start a equal BR fight right outside a enemy capitol I can understand that it's not very realistic right then and there. But if I actually won that battle, there will be 20 players outside the waiting for me. So l will loose..

This is imo a bit off topic but I also think the timers are to short and every time I see players crying out in nation chat for assistance I miss the reinforcement option we used to have in our home waters. Also imo duels does not count since it's one vs one and no risk involved. I need to feel fear and I prefer to play with teammates.