Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

The Americans are also in peace talks with Spain, havent you read the post of Johny Reb?

We are, but that is contingent on the Spanish Diplomats actually wanting to talk with us, which it appears they don't. Thus, doing this peace deal will leave us hanging, alone against Spain and the Pirates, despite repeated assurances from the Dutch that they would not sue for peace unless we were part of the peace deal.

Not to mention this peace deal was proposed without the approval of the Dutch Council, so yeah, right now this is a SNAFU.

actually we are not screwing over the americans - PvP agains the spanish ships is still allowed - we merely cease the port attacks (outside of the gentlemen's zone) - you may tehrefore stills creen for the american ports or even their attacks

During talks, Britain and the Dutch told us that they would not sue for peace without America being involved. Essentially, if Britain and the Dutch finished this deal without us being represented, they would be backstabbing us by directly contradicted what they had said, numerous times, and that would throw our alliances in question.

Edited by EricKilla

My sources tell me this proposal has not gone through the dutch consortium, as a result this undermines what we have worked for to get a United Netherlands, as such no matter how favorable it would be to the united provinces or its allies I, Olav Van Deng, Cannot agree to this agreement and will do all that is in my power to make sure it shall not pass.

-Olav Van Deng, Carebear

• Like 7

@EricKilla - the British Nation will continue supporting your fleet even against the Spanish if your actions are in reach. However I do agree and think it would be nice to have an overall calm in the west for a little bit with everyone acting in a truce. Tbf - I can't bloody see Cuba anymroe and wish for other enemies/coastlines for a change. This goes not against the Spanish who have fought valiantly but is merely beholding the fact that I myself have participated in at least 3 Panama campaigns now and runnign up and down those coastlines all the way up to Cuba gets tiring after a while.

A new theatre of war would bring a much needed fresh wind ;)

• Like 1

Yes, what is going on here?  I thought we had signed on?  Since we have a port in the "Spanish Area" does that mean we are automatically at war?  Was the talk on the TF teamspeak just a waste of time?  Or, has it not yet been finalized and you are only posting it for everyone to see?

My sources tell me this proposal has not gone through the dutch consortium, as a result this undermines what we have worked for to get a United Netherlands, as such no matter how favorable it would be to the united provinces or its allies I, Olav Van Deng, Cannot agree to this agreement and will do all that is in my power to make sure it shall not pass.

-Olav Van Deng, Carebear

I'm gonna do the same thing

Clearly the agreement proposed here is not supported by the Dutch Council (or a majority of it). The US have been in discussion with the Dutch and British as well as the Spanish and in all honesty this does not look like a confirmed and viable agreement. This should not have been posted so prematurely when there is clearly some issues.

Something has gone a miss here, perhaps the enthusiastic and overzealous actions of a few?

• Like 1

I'm gonna do the same thing

Quite honestly stay out of this Damian... you have no idea what you vote for or what benefits your nation. You won't run out of ports to attack you'll merely change the enemies so pelase hold back.

I cannot believe you Dutch palyers would carry out your private war on the back of a decent treaty that benefits pretty much all of us. This is a disgraceful behaviour and not befitting an ally of the British nation - quite honestly - get your shit in order before you post differing accounts of your nation on the forum again (pietjenoob, Olav, pellagios)

Brits did a hard work ti get those ports in yucatown and now were give from the shallow ports till conttoy/mugeres.

Was that just a waste of some players there time?

Sometimes compromises need to be made in order to achieve something greater. Eyes on the horizon, my friend. There's a much larger picture than sacrificing a few ports nobody will ever visit. 

• Like 1

Sometimes compromises need to be made in order to achieve something greater. Eyes on the horizon, my friend. There's a much larger picture than sacrificing a few ports nobody will ever visit.

Because were giving it to spain and we werent allowed to push furthef

Quite honestly stay out of this Damian... you have no idea what you vote for or what benefits your nation. You won't run out of ports to attack you'll merely change the enemies so pelase hold back.

I cannot believe you Dutch palyers would carry out your private war on the back of a decent treaty that benefits pretty much all of us. This is a disgraceful behaviour and not befitting an ally of the British nation - quite honestly - get your shit in order before you post differing accounts of your nation on the forum again (pietjenoob, Olav, pellagios)

as far as i am aware, this was posted WITHOUT going through the Dutch Consortium, hence my statement. If this had gone through the Consortium, things would have been different from me. I could support this treaty, but since it didnt go through the proper channels I cannot support the treaty. This is not about peace, war or anything else but rather to keep the United Provinces United. 

• Like 1

I'd ike to point out that it was a Dutch player suggesting this truce - we merely saw merit in it - I'd say the Dutch should get their house in order before taking outside actions and not leave us hanging after these have already been undertaken!!!

Well unfortunaly this person we are talking is not representing the dutch nation.

and no he did not inform anyone untill it was already too late

so don't blame the dutch nation for it but the person(s) who came up with this

this treaty did not involve any kind of Dutch diplomat or through the dutch council what so ever

• Like 3

Whats your problem mate

actually we are not screwing over the americans - PvP agains the spanish ships is still allowed - we merely cease the port attacks (outside of the gentlemen's zone) - you may tehrefore stills creen for the american ports or even their attacks

you braking a deal that nations had. 1. not taking in us in the deal. 2. making it with a clan that dont have there nation consuls behind them.

I could support this treaty, but since it didnt go through the proper channels I cannot support the treaty. This is not about peace, war or anything else but rather to keep the United Provinces United. 

So I can quite literally translate this as - you won't agree to a decent treaty because of your petty inhouse fighting? - what a show

• Like 1

So I can quite literally translate this as - you won't agree to a decent treaty because of your petty inhouse fighting? - what a show

Take it as you want, but fact of the matter is this treaty wasnt made by the United Provinces, but rather a single person it seems(or a few).

Whats your problem mate

None of those ports have any strategical or economical value to us and are even to far away to be visited or used or defended - apart from the Dutch not able to keep a clean house you'd risk a treaty because of your thoughtless battle plans to attack everything you see. that is my problem with you. please keep a calm and level head, evaluate a ports value to us and then complain about not having it - the latter will not occur as you'll see it is useless.

Take it as you want, but fact of the matter is this treaty wasnt made by the United Provinces, but rather a single person it seems(or a few).

It was made by "the most importants british and dutch clans" (KIN and 7UP), at least, that´s why I understood

Edited by Pablo Frias

It was made for "the most importants british and dutch clans" (KIN and 7UP), at least, that´s why I understood

7UP is only one clan out of many, There is no "Most important clan" there is only the dutch consortium, any other nation wide diplomatic relations are invalid in my eyes. Having deals between clans of nations i have no trouble with but individuals nor individual clans deal with the nation politics. Like i stressed its the dutch consortium that  deals with that.

3) Haiti

A )  The British and the Dutch nations are required to change the timers of the ports of Les Cayes, Saint Louis, Jacmel and Sale-Trou upon the signing of this treaty.

B )  The British and the Dutch nations are required to set the timers between 16-18 server time as the earliest, and 22-24 as the latest.

Have you not understand you cant change timers on the ports. When you dont even know that bad

3) Haiti

A )  The British and the Dutch nations are required to change the timers of the ports of Les Cayes, Saint Louis, Jacmel and Sale-Trou upon the signing of this treaty.

B )  The British and the Dutch nations are required to set the timers between 16-18 server time as the earliest, and 22-24 as the latest.

Have you not understand you cant change timers on the ports. When you dont even know that bad

brits take the port, dutch take the port back - timer set to the agreement - easily done

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 2

7UP is only one clan out of many, There is no "Most important clan" there is only the dutch consortium, any other nation wide diplomatic relations are invalid in my eyes. Having deals between clans of nations i have no trouble with but individuals or individual clans do not deal with the nation politics, like i stressed. Its the dutch consortium that  deals with that.

Yep, I know, that´s why I quoted that phrase