Game-Labs Forum

Crew Damage from stern boradside on Bucentaure bugged

Archer Finnigan

I have been sailing the Bucentaure for a few days now and I'm having a pretty serious issue with it. My crew loss per mission is unbelievably high compared to my clan mates in ships of the same size. 200 + crew lost in each battle and not just from stern shots. Each broadside I take I see my crew drop by 5-10. What this makes for is an almost unplayable match and today i lost my Buce for the last time due to one point blank broadside from a Bellona which wiped out 330 crew. I know you history buffs will say "That's what happened at Trafalgar" and it is... The ship was rendered useless in one broad side. Yet i can put a full broadside into the back of a third rate or Bellona and only kill 30-40 crew. I'm now stuck with no big ship, no upgrades, and no money due to the fact i spent it on ships for my clan mates yesterday other than 1 last Buce which is (In my opinion) My least favorite ship in the game and practically useless for anyone who wants to do PVE fleet missions to level. I get the ship being a bit squishy, But the crew loss is too extreme when it takes more then the 160k-200k gold I'm getting from missions to recrew and repair the ship. Also for those of you getting ready to type away at how bad i am at the game and how you never lose anything save it. I'm excellent in anything other than this ship.

• Like 1

I have been sailing the Bucentaure for a few days now and I'm having a pretty serious issue with it. My crew loss per mission is unbelievably high compared to my clan mates in ships of the same size. 200 + crew lost in each battle and not just from stern shots. Each broadside I take I see my crew drop by 5-10. What this makes for is an almost unplayable match and today i lost my Buce for the last time due to one point blank broadside from a Bellona which wiped out 330 crew. I know you history buffs will say "That's what happened at Trafalgar" and it is... The ship was rendered useless in one broad side. Yet i can put a full broadside into the back of a third rate or Bellona and only kill 30-40 crew. I'm now stuck with no big ship, no upgrades, and no money due to the fact i spent it on ships for my clan mates yesterday other than 1 last Buce which is (In my opinion) My least favorite ship in the game and practically useless for anyone who wants to do PVE fleet missions to level. I get the ship being a bit squishy, But the crew loss is too extreme when it takes more then the 160k-200k gold I'm getting from missions to recrew and repair the ship. Also for those of you getting ready to type away at how bad i am at the game and how you never lose anything save it. I'm excellent in anything other than this ship.

800 crew in 2 gun decks and the weather deck. vs. 900 crew (Victory) in 3 gun decks and a weather deck. And even versus the Pavel the crew zones of the Bucentaure are more concentrated on the two gun decks due to the larger number of cannons on the middle deck.

Thank God , I thought I was loosing my skills !!  I am nearing Rear Admiral , I was destroying a Bellona the other night in my new "Buce"  Just about done with him 

and I start taking water REAL FAST !  NO LEAKS , GOLD PUMP . Within 2 minutes I sank , and as I am sinking this Bellona with half his left side guns gone shot 

me at least 50 times , double ball maybe , didnt look like it . I have been around the block and this was like some kinda pre-programmed thing , very strange . I have never lost a ship with zero leaks  :huh:

800 crew in 2 gun decks and the weather deck. vs. 900 crew (Victory) in 3 gun decks and a weather deck. And even versus the Pavel the crew zones of the Bucentaure are more concentrated on the two gun decks due to the larger number of cannons on the middle deck.

True but the 30-40 crew loss in those ships vs 300+ crew loss from one broadside is a bit out there. I mean if we're going that realistic a 42 pounder should blow a cutter or lynx to shreds and send a hole straight through it. We have a good deal of realism here and i like it but if this is a case of immersion and not a bug it's a bit too far. No other ship in the game can be rendered useless by a single broadside.