Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.93 - Bucentaure, acceleration rework and many other things

admin

we never promise anything and you should always expect the worst

We worked very hard this month and your comment offended my programmers and artists (makers of Bucentaure and Santa Cecilia).

I changed my mind and trading xp will never get implemented until release because of your comments. I am not joking. 

We focus on making happy customers happier. Half empty pessimists are not our market

You and your guys need more maturity, don't be offended by criticism.

Half empty pessimist also paid for the game.

Ah, I guess that explains the population numbers.

I agree, strongly.

Edited by Vitor Marfioso
  • Like 2

so when i cap a santi with 400 crew left and it costs me 150 crew does that mean i actually gain crew overall....? 

now your touching labour hours with perks and not fixing the broken defender perk......and not reseting perks and not allowing multiple officers.....Would it be fair to say that there will be more officer "content" and not just hotfixing next patch becuse if you think this a good enough model for release i think you need to revisit what you want people to do with officers.....the bulk of the perks are not going to be used and there will be a best perk ever.......see 6th sense which is always no1 in WOT

i guess thats sorta content and sorta completed.

Edited by Fastidius

We worked very hard this month and your comment offended my programmers and artists (makers of Bucentaure and Santa Cecilia).

I changed my mind and trading xp will never get implemented until release because of your comments. I am not joking. 

We focus on making happy customers happier. Half empty pessimists are not our market

How about we do ship colors customization instead? What do you think captains?

Nice contents in the patch and with perks and the changes for surrender the ships. Like the eco part of the officer too. :D Now I only hope we can have more then one officer becose it is to hart to chose what I want on it. :P.

We all wants to have some items in game and complaining about it dident get it dont help and I know players that think it is only to change one line of coding and all is fine. Even heard about the nerfing of the survival handboks and tool kits but that was needed becose those two tog ever was op.

and from last patch you have hade same amount of players online every day with most be seen as a good patch and I hope some more gets back now.

take a brake some days and I will wait to see how next patch will be :D

• Like 1

Fixed bugs:

• Fixed bugs with free crew generation in certain cases (e.g with basic cutter)
Excellent, Medkit production is on again. :)

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15026-pvp1-july-tobbies-tobacco-imperium/?p=288350

I'm worried about the mid-level captain though. Privateering should be the most difficult occupation, but to me it looks like only high-level with Admiralty captures are receiving the rewards for it.

Isn't that a very dangerous precedent?

If somebody were to bitch about "Why isn't ... implemented yet, Thou yeasty full-gorged flirt-gill!?", you would drop the mentioned items?

If that is the case, somebody can basically terrorize everything and send you on a long (well deserved) summer holiday. :P

(And I know a certain someone who is the absolute best at terrorizing the forums. :D )

IMHO it's not about promises, but about expectations.

Make "we never promise anything and you should always expect the worst" your opening statement on http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14640-devlog-forthcoming-content-patches-plan/

We are already burning out gamers, and the absolute worst that can happen is burning out the devs.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15186-why-tribunal-is-so-pointless/?p=281414

Hence I can only say to players, keep an open mind and exploit test anything and everything. :D

Please enjoy the weekend first and then take a look again at your statement.

Clan flags, maybe? :) If possible on OW.

I'm not too thrilled seeing people sailing around in green ships with pink sails.

• Like 2

Why did you guys change the Cerb's hull color from red to that bland tan/brown color? It made the ship unique and now it looks like a slightly smaller Surprise with no bow chasers... :(

Everything else in this patch is amazing though! From your ship's sails flapping in the wind while in OW, to the sounds of distant cannon fire when sailing close to another play's mission! I know they're just small things in the grand scheme of the game, but the difference they make on the game is MASSIVE!

It truly is the little things that matter. :')

THANK YOU!

• Like 3

Officer Perks: Great! I love the new options ver much, thanks!

Battle / Ship behaviour: Need to test it more thoroughly but seems to be very fine!

Looking forward to test server with new crew damage ...

Edited by mikawa

Can we have a test server to test the upcoming Alliance changes? I'd really like to test the upcoming features before going live. Thanks for the changes, some of which I have asked for awhile.

have been asking to get is supertestig for ages..............all i get is crickets

please for the love of Zeus remove that chicken shed from the back of Bucentaure ship. Such beautiful lines unbalanced by a not needed box on the back of such beautiful ship.

Not needed? It's the very first ship equipped with public restroom, an innovation in the context of that time. Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1

i don't see any notes about fixing prices of some raw resources like tobacco and fish meat, which is stuck on 1 gold when selling to the port.

Hope it can be fixed in the upcoming hotfixes for this patch.

How much has been sold in those ports?  When it's at 1 gold it's been over sold and it has not used up enough of the product.  Stop saturating the market and than you can sale items.

If you focused on making happy customers happy then you would have the population from sea trials......your broken stuff has not been fixed and your happy players have become unhappy.

basically saying go fuck yourself is inappropriate.   I think it is very valid to complain about features that cheapen others efforts.....gold mods raining from the wrecks,  compasswood unpatched for weeks,  making fishing a button on a timer.  Officers clearly is different to how it was originally planned.

Personally i would rather you focus on the PBs, Democracy & Pirates which are the highest priority to the community and were voted as such.   PBs have been a priority for 5 months now..

It is nice to have somenew ships and such and i appreciate that.  i also expect this isnt the same people who are fixing port battles but really the guys that are doing Clan warehouse, fishing & such are doing a bit of a rubbish job and not of the calibre of the battle mechanics

I appreciate the effort in the new ships but i think you need better thought put into the perks,   a lot of the long timers think this.

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 3

Customer service and unhappy customers...  Maybe the customer did not have the best day, but he is a customer.  As a customer services professional, maybe you did not have the best day either, but it is your job, you are paid from it.  -> We, your customers, are actually paying from it.

All are not software developers, so they may not know how hard it is actually to make estimates.  Estimates is maybe the most difficult thing in any software project, it just is.

Good feedback often leads to no development, bad feedback often leads to development.  So in the end you actually need the bad feedback, not the good.  Good is for sure motivating, so it is good to get that as well, I do not deny that.

You should be happy that people care about the game, and they get even emotional about it.  You should be happy to get this kind of customers who really do care about it.  Many other game companies have failed, and never got these guys.  Just because you have these guys, that means that you are actually doing something right, and the guys just cant wait when you get it all together.

But indeed, it might be your job to apologize this time.

And indeed, you guys are doing a great job.  This is the best game there has been in years, at least for me.  So keep up the good work.  But notice, I am a happy customer, so from this feedback, you do not really get development ideas, right?  So endorse the bad feedback, you really need it to make it even better.

I actually meant what I said, I did not say it to be just an example.  You guys are doing good job.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 4

The inability to surrender when sinking is a bad move, this is when you would surrender. You should be able to surrender during a boarding action also, it was when most surrenders took place. This change really smacks of gamey change to satisfy those with no interest in historical accuracy.

I think the opposite is true. You surrender before your ship is sinking. This ensures, that your opponent can take your crew onto his vessel or allow it to stay on theirs.

If your ship is already sinking, all you can do is abandon ship.

In the midst of battle no one will turn around to safe your crew from their sinking ship.

• Like 2

Genuinely confused at the hostile response, I think since you have already stated that you're an older development team you must certainly have thicker skin and a much more dedicated attitude to your project than to let ONE person (who's comment you haven't read properly by your reply) derail the big changes with perfectly acceptable constructive criticism. If you read you'd see that I wrote and I quote "I won't say I'm concerned AT ALL with the development process currently" (this should imply overall I am content with the games development) whereas your reply has actually alarmed me in several ways. The personal judgement/attack of my character is false and frankly very rude and unexpected. Because I didn't jump for joy at the changes on the current list I'm a pessimist? In all honesty most of my comment addresses the rejection of fair criticism from a section of the community rather than my minor gripes with the exclusions in the patch... If anything I added a dose of logic and reason to the conversation but my comment was misinterpreted. Selective hearing/reading and prioritizing worth of opinions in one group of supporters over another is favouritism, there's no other way to put it. Not listening to REASONABLE criticism (read my reply, I didn't personally attack anyone so it makes for easy reading) is NOT constructive to the progress of the game. I'm not a pessimist, just a realist. I see a list of what's slated for the next patch earlier in the month and get excited for the bigger content that's listed to make it's way into the game, it hasn't. What can you expect? Varying levels of disappointment and/or happiness in the community. Some people are much easier to please than others. I underline a good reason why trading xp is an unfortunate exclusion from Julys patch and then you threaten, no, PROMISE to not implement it until full release. Why? It seems very malicious, surely you must care more about the game and the ENTIRE community than the (fair) comment of one person voicing his concerns, even if it did rub you and the staff the wrong way unintentionally. 

I hear the Santa Cecilia and the heavy rattle have been added with the Bucentaure, didn't see any mention in the patch notes (?) but this is a welcome addition and encouraging to see. It wasn't my intention to discourage or offend anybody in development, merely to voice my opinion which is objectively fair. I can't really express it any clearer than that.

• Like 3

A santi board set up but even a pavel tbh, with stack of yellow mods, with that perk can CHAIN capture an entire npc fleet top rank fleet/mission, since they lose in 1-2 round all morale leaving 700 crew behind. 

Stell box  7,5% repair

Sourvival handbook = probably one of most useless module in game now, gaining 10% rep time on a repair that usually takes 5 sec top is LOL.   They nerfed both and instead added a perk that give you another repair,

so you need to spent 7 points, for have 7,5% +7,5% repair?          less then before with steel+sourvival ?  and also twice the time for repair? LOL just lol.         balance means giving  options/combinations not destroy entire modules that considering how useless they are now, they could be removed from the game. 

1. 7.5% is better than 0
  2. Press gang is not OP - it is just cheap maybe
  3. Amount of money is not a problem - in fact it is irrelevant at this stage. Someone having 100 mln only helps him to an extent. It is not in the bank. It is not increasing the money supply through the reserve multiplayer and it will be reset on release anyway. What matters is how it is supplied and what is done about it.
  • Like 1

Was going to try get a nice fir wood+ speed Santa Cecilia crafted and it seems the BP have been removed in today's little patch , any infos on that please? 

Hopefully i made 2 of those yesterday 

Ships customization colours are a cool thing too.

But come on guys, we need to be more supportive. Developping a game has to be tricky.

Developing a using Unity is tricky in itself. My cousin is doing a degree in game design and he has to use it. Apparently it has some serious limitations, the fact the have made it this far is a testimate to their ability.

Very well done Devs, we solute you  o7

Genuinely confused at the hostile response, I think since you have already stated that you're an older development team you must certainly have thicker skin and a much more dedicated attitude to your project than to let ONE person (who's comment you haven't read properly by your reply) derail the big changes with perfectly acceptable constructive criticism.

Being older leaves less time for haters. We just ignore them. And have no time or desire to converse with them or cater to them. So please give me a break and stop using this "professional behavior" card as a permit to attack devs without response. We are not professional and have no plans to change our direct ways. We tell things as they are. 

• Like 8

Shipwreck Locations ...

This was a brilliant addition to the game forcing player to risk long voyages into enemy waters using fast lightly armed (or often not armed) ships that rarely get used.

Now u open a bottle and its just round the corner in home waters :(  The risk/reward scale just totally lost the risk part. Really sad to see this changed.

The bottle drop mechanic is still wrong allowing some players to get many bottles per day and others nothing for a week of playing. The RNG part should be with in the context of an escalating chance since last bottle drop to introduce some balance to the drop rate.

• Like 1

The bottle drop mechanic is still wrong allowing some players to get many bottles per day and others nothing for a week of playing. The RNG part should be with in the context of an escalating chance since last bottle drop to introduce some balance to the drop rate.

this was fixed

and they drop all over the place.. maybe you were lucky

Being older leaves less time for haters. We just ignore them. And have no time or desire to converse with them or cater to them. So please give me a break and stop using this "professional behavior" card as a permit to attack devs without response. We are not professional and have no plans to change our direct ways. We tell things as they are. 

I really love the game and want it to succeed, if i see things that are broken in my eyes i will tell them the way i see them too and raise my concerns with ideas able to potential fix those problems, doesn't make me a bad guy not appreciating the work you guys put on this game or that needs to be ignored for raising issues that are evident in my eyes, most here are passionate and want the game to succeed and become better, we won't even post on forums and continue to play the game if it wasn't the case .

I understand that after putting a lot of efforts working on stuff some comments can be more or less frustrating to read for Dev's and while some maybe look more like trolling or ungrateful than some others just raising legitimate concerns, most just want this game to become better .

Here we have a proverb saying " Qui aime bien châtie bien " , meaning something like "Who loves bein well chastises", who really likes is more harsh on judgment sometimes, doesn't make everything said invalid for such.

This said i am overall happy with the game and won't play so much hours each day if i wasn't ...

• Like 2

I really love the game and want it to succeed, if i see things that are broken in my eyes i will tell them the way i see them too and raise my concerns with ideas able to potential fix those problems, doesn't make me a bad guy not appreciating the work you guys put on this game or that needs to be ignored for raising issues that are evident in my eyes, most here are passionate and want the game to succeed and become better, we won't even post on forums and continue to play the game if it wasn't the case .

Issues are issues. We welcome criticism 

• This feature sucks - and here is why is a constructive comment
  • New 2nd ship of the line + 10 new perks + multiple bug fixes is NOT CONTENT = is not a constructive comment. Its just subjective. Players who make such comments will always be unhappy - whatever you do.
  • Like 1

Are there any plans for more perks connected, for example with shipwrecks? Or of "exploration" nature in the future? Or just more perks in general :D

Btw i know its not the correct place to ask but any info on the wild card? It has been a while.. 

Also thumps up for the awesome content :)

Issues are issues. We welcome criticism 

• This feature sucks - and here is why is a constructive comment
  • New 2nd ship of the line + 10 new perks + multiple bug fixes is NOT CONTENT = is not a constructive comment. Its just subjective. Players who make such comments will always be unhappy - whatever you do.

I played plenty of games where we players were calling for no new content added and only bug-fixes on long unresolved problems but dev's were focusing on adding content without focusing on bugs or issues ... I don't mind a patch adding no or little content as long as the game progress in the good direction or simply resolve issues.

Don't take some very negative comments to personal is all i can say, think that you have plenty of players loving your game and trying to help making it better, even if there is some criticism or more or less badly formulated critics about some parts of it that may be more a problem for some more than for some others, we all want the same thing in the end, a good working game we can enjoy.

Have a nice day and keep up giving us a good game ;)

wonder why they removed that new bp or did yall make it drop from somthing i wonder?

The API doesn't show it dropping from anything else, and the auto discovery was turned off for this bp, no clue why beside a moderator comment saying in the first pages it wasn't ready but i thought it was just a joke/surprise effect when we finally got it in game.

• Like 1