Game-Labs Forum

Diplomacy may not be a good idea

fox2run

His clan attacked an ACR, I got confirmation front the Danes it was not a mistake. I saw him on the TS, moved him to talk to him, his mic was not working, he left. I did not kick him.

If FRL wishes to support those who attack us just let me know.

We'll talk about that on ts.

FRL support every one that want to fight since they declared it.

Fox2Run never hide himself and always procalmed him as a clan that doesn't follow the "autoproclamed council" (i'm not sur how to tell or write that).

So Yes, we know that he fight french player and what ? this is part of the game, this is maybe the way he find pleasure to play the game...

If he fight against us in the same battle, i'll told him to change channel for sure, but if he is in our side i don't see any reason to tell him to go out. 

The diplomatique patch is supposed to come soon, so why don't you let players play just as they want to play ?

Trust me, i'm not really sure that you want to discuss about that with me.

Remember, this is a game, you will not really die if your ship sunk, your house will not exploded if you loose your crew. So please don't try to explain how you want the other nation to play the game, and let them do what the devs allowed them to do.

Edited by horail

I really agree with you that the player-made diplo-stuff is indeed crap. That is what I have been stating all the time. Hope the new in-gaming mechanics make leaders step down and let people play their own game... too much mongering and crap follows it.... So we agree completely. I have no motivation to rule whatsoever and Ive made a clan in the nation I play as a free-heaven for those players that lke the flag but not like to be ruled by others. All are officers and all are equal. I like democracy, you see... ;-)

Democracy in a war game should likely fail as any democracy does in any real world battle front. There is a reason soldiers have a chain of command and not votes. No one votes to charge the machine gun nest or the bigger enemy.

What we have right now in NA is a player controlled sandbox with no rules. It is currently representing what human nature gravitates to when left without bounded rules. That's not all bad. But understand it for what it is. No matter how much logical sense it may make for the smaller teams to band to fight the larger team it doesn't go that way. Typically alliances form with the larger nations to eventually destroy or simply leave smaller nations to their fate. The big nation either gets bored and stops growing or it absorbs or allies to everything on the map. The two smaller nations never actually band together to fight the largest. That the stuff of movies and books. Typical the smallest cuts a deal with the largest and they both eat the second largest. Then the third assumes an agreed upon subservient role to the largest. That's typically what happens without outside influence.

Now the nice thing about the new alliance system is that IF the developers wanted too they can just sway the votes to make the game follow a more successful pattern. Now maybe that sounds like cheating. But to generate a better game i hope they do it when it needs to be done,

Edited by Bach

How dramatic.

Getting back to the topic slightly - someone mentioned somewhere that a player's weight in diplomacy might also be determined by their PvP exploits. Does anyone have any idea what that means? :)

Edited by Muminukas

I really like the diplomacy we have already and I fear any built-in diplomacy might ruin it

The problem is that it does not take into account that a player could mean something else than the leaders in the big clans of a nation... And then the bullying begins.

Look at how the big clans in Denmark-Norway has offered me 30 mill gold to leave the nation. All this becourse I made my own clan and disliked the alliance with the pirate scum. This is not a very pleasant game-experience at all. Off course I will not leave and I will wage war versus the pirates whereever I meet them. But if a voting-system was at hand, there wouldnt be all this. Then it would be pretty obvious who to fight and who not to fight. (Pirates must be ruled out of diplomacy - no nation would ever make deals with these kind of guys). I prefer to fight alongside the swedes or british whenever they engage a pirate. Unfortunately the leading clans in my nation needs som persuation to feel the same. But in the end it will be like this. :-)

Relations of Nations and Pirates are, as it was, on a individual to individual basis whether between two players or groups.

As a history example one of the contacts for pirates to smuggle "cargo" prized along the West African coast was a well placed Gentleman and Businessman in New York, Frederick Philipse.

Also it shouldn't be uncommon, as it wasn't back then, for Powers to ensure local support of "independents" in their wars. Even if we have no mechanics in place we can still work with the Nations but by all means do no drag the "nation" into it. There's no such thing.

I think you can be sure  that the built-in system will end completely  with the current diplomacy. And this will probably be for good.

I'm afraid you 'll be dissapointed. Unless it becomes an option to ally up with your enemy and tthus to block him from taking your ports. The next 'exploit' discussion perhaps?

Edited by Gooneybird
  • Like 2

Look at how the big clans in Denmark-Norway has offered me 30 mill gold to leave the nation. All this becourse I made my own clan and disliked the alliance with the pirate scum. 

The offer is now at 35 million.

And we have no alliance with the pirates.

You guys must feel threatened somehow. Yesterday in a big battle verus the British RON-clan, I was tagged by 3 big warships. Drawn into a battle. (My battle, ok?). The whole thing developed to a big fight as more and more players joined. 

The RON-guys where annihilated. I made almost 5000 xp and 380.000+ gold in my 3rd rate, fighting santis, victories etc. on close range. 

Yet you blamed me the loss of one of our Santis as you said, I was blocking the line of fire... (Maybe a line of fire WAS blocked in the furball - but max in a few minutes as most of the action of the battle was scattered out - so maybe the loss where due to enemy fire? As usual?). 

I mean: nothing I do is right in your eyes - absolutely nothing. 

I understand you envy the joy and equality we have in our clan - VGK - but couldnt you stop with that personal nonsence of yours and play the ball?

VGK does not follow your RvR dynasty but apart from that we go to combat and fight pretty darn good in almost any engagement. 

I dont want to put up some reward for you to leave, as I know you are dedicated players and I do have a lot fun fighting on your side in some big engagments. Maybe its time you make a small revision of those envy thoughts of yours. I dont know why you got them. Why do you care?

Regards

Edited by fox2run

You guys must feel threatened somehow. Yesterday in a big battle verus the British RON-clan, I was tagged by 3 big warships. Drawn into a battle. (My battle, ok?). The whole thing developed to a big fight as more and more players joined. 

The RON-guys where annihilated. I made almost 5000 xp and 380.000+ gold in my 3rd rate, fighting santis, victories etc. on close range. 

Yet you blamed me the loss of one of our Santis as you said, I was blocking the line of fire... (Maybe a line of fire WAS blocked in the furball - but max in a few minutes as most of the action of the battle was scattered out - so maybe the loss where due to enemy fire? As usual?). 

I mean: nothing I do is right in your eyes - absolutely nothing. 

I understand you envy the joy and equality we have in our clan - VGK - but couldnt you stop with that personal nonsence of yours and play the ball?

VGK does not follow your RvR dynasty but apart from that we go to combat and fight pretty darn good in almost any engagement. 

I dont want to put up some reward for you to leave, as I know you are dedicated players and I do have a lot fun fighting on your side in some big engagments. Maybe its time you make a small revision of those envy thoughts of yours. I dont know why you got them. Why do you care?

Regards

Congratz with the fight and the win - as far as I have been informed, it was a joint effort of several DN clans, not a single danish clan's effort.

Anyway.

Why use this public forum which in this case is used for discussing the coming diplomacy patch, and meant as a platform for your personnel vocal war with the DN community. This is not the right place for this "panting" of yours?

Over and out

Edited by The_Scipio

Congratz with the fight and the win - as far as I have been informed, it was a joint effort of several DN clans, not a single danish clan's effort.

Anyway.

Why use this public forum which in this case is used for discussing the coming diplomacy patch, and meant as a platform for your personnel vocal war with the DN community. This is not the right place for this "panting" of yours?

Over and out

Read above my post. Im merely defending myself pointing out those FEW, dedicated guys to stop their personal attacks. And the stuff is connected. The RvR home made diplomatic status leads to these kind of incidents where people are tried to be isolated if they have other opinions than the players making those rules. Thats why we need to make a game that avoid these kind of things. Each and every chat I have the national channel is met by critics out of topic by those 2-3 bigger clans. I ask for details of the trading system and is met by bashing. It seems like a coordinated attacks from clans that do not like competition or other opinions. Its not fun. Its not how it is supposed to be. They are incredible. Even on the national chat they try to put me in a bad light even on topics related to ship-types or trade issues. 

The only way to prevent these things is to make diplomacy a non-negotiable thing. PLayers vote - the nation has allies and enemies. Not enemies or allied found by a few players on TS. Think about it! 

Read above my post. Im merely defending myself pointing out those FEW, dedicated guys to stop their personal attacks. And the stuff is connected. The RvR home made diplomatic status leads to these kind of incidents where people are tried to be isolated if they have other opinions than the players making those rules. Thats why we need to make a game that avoid these kind of things. Each and every chat I have the national channel is met by critics out of topic by those 2-3 bigger clans. I ask for details of the trading system and is met by bashing. It seems like a coordinated attacks from clans that do not like competition or other opinions. Its not fun. Its not how it is supposed to be. They are incredible. Even on the national chat they try to put me in a bad light even on topics related to ship-types or trade issues.

The only way to prevent these things is to make diplomacy a non-negotiable thing. PLayers vote - the nation has allies and enemies. Not enemies or allied found by a few players on TS. Think about it!

Scipio has a point. You are using the forums to air diry laundry and to voice your so very obvious hate of larger more organized clans than yours. No matter how many options people have suggested you have the exact same childish response of " its my money, my clan, my stuff, big clans this and that, and its not fair.

You should really fight this personal problems out via pm or in game where it belongs. That way the discussion can be had about diplomacy rather than a back and forth of its not fair uber big clans waaa.

Youre starting tosound like a spoiled trust fund OWS kid instead of the grown up we know you are.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 5

Biased as you are, I still think that this game would benefit from better in-game diplomacy so as not being dependent on who - by chance - you are talking to on TS and make small, private RvR deals with on other players behalf :-)

(I will not comment on the child-stuff accusations as I recieve plenty of that personal crap here, on in-game chat and even in private mails from you guys). 

Well, we are all getting anxious for the diplomacy patch and it is a good time for it.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how it pans out, and what new ideas we'll be able to test and impove on.  Perhaps diplomacy will go part way or even a long way to helping us sort out some of these unwanted verbal interactions too, and re-create some of that unity that we keep seeing over and over in the game and here on the forum.  More constructive in the long run anyway.

• Like 3

Scipio has a point. You are using the forums to air diry laundry and to voice your so very obvious hate of larger more organized clans than yours. No matter how many options people have suggested you have the exact same childish response of " its my money, my clan, my stuff, big clans this and that, and its not fair.

You should really fight this personal problems out via pm or in game where it belongs. That way the discussion can be had about diplomacy rather than a back and forth of its not fair uber big clans waaa.

Youre starting tosound like a spoiled trust fund OWS kid instead of the grown up we know you are.

it's hard to even write pm to people if they wont listen anyway. I know what fox2run is going through, that happened to my mentor Eirik Raude. they didn't like his ideas too. The bigger clans have to accept that smaller clans that is run and fighting independented also want to know about the diplomacy and so on. But as long as they just don't listen and making fun of us it's not gonna happen. And he has the right to write about this topic here and what he is experiencing in-game, because it's the same I experience 

it's hard to even write pm to people if they wont listen anyway. I know what fox2run is going through, that happened to my mentor Eirik Raude. they didn't like his ideas too. The bigger clans have to accept that smaller clans that is run and fighting independented also want to know about the diplomacy and so on. But as long as they just don't listen and making fun of us it's not gonna happen. And he has the right to write about this topic here and what he is experiencing in-game, because it's the same I experience

You want #struggles ? Try being a lone pirate who refuses to get involved with port battles and faction politics. Ask some of the large pirate factions how well we've gotten along in the past . Try being a pirate and having 3 big clans declare you KOS and hunt you every day for weeks till they all quit or went to pvp1.

That's not a reason for me to come here and act like a spoiled baby. He has MORE than made his opinion clear on his hatred of anything that dont go his way but to every day make half a dozen duplicate post about how oppressed he is and what a silent hero he is is childish and immature behavior no better than the big mean bullies in his faction.

Bottom line, its a game they have more players who think like them not him. Deal with it or go rouge or work within the rules but stop the cry baby crap.

• Like 1

Do what im doing and pray they make pirates be able to be pirates and not have this nation crap on us so we can do as we please.

Pirates was made up of not only criminal types but also those who were just sick of bowing to a crown. I think pirates SHOULD be that option before release and i hope it is so.

Actually many Pirates where actually Privateers for one country but any one he had permission to attacked would call him a Pirate.   

To be honest I don't like the fact we have Pirates running around in mostly heavy frigates and SOL's all the times.  Those ships if even used should be for PB"s and only special ones.  That is why I don't think Pirates should be able to make them, but they can capture them though, but if they do than it's like a RED HOT HUNT KILL ON SIGHT BY ALL to be in one.   Keep them  to the frigates and light ships like they where normally in history.  Though since they don't have SOL's give them more ships like the Pirate Frigate that has some twisted stats....more crew, cargo, or guns at the cost of other stats.

Let them raid a port and those that where involved get a pay out of econ items that port would of made in said time.  Like 3 days of port production that the Nats can't use cause it was raided (give it time to rebuild it self pretty much).  THey don't have ports of there own (except a few that are Pirate only ports) and they can use all Freetown unless they are smuggling.   In these free towns are the only place they can do econ buildings in.  They will be spread out more so they will need to depend on the raids and hitting traders more than actually producing the goods.

Allow clans to align with Nations if they wish so that if say you have Clan A and they are under pay from the British, but Clan B is helping the US and US and British is a war.  Well the pirates can join that nation they are helping but not the other,and they can fight each other too while in those battles, but they only get xp for helping not just Pirate VS Pirate battles.  This will keep them from uniting into one big nation and will keep them fractured.  Well for the most part and those Nations will prob have to have a way to pay them for there service or face having them turn on them.

This game really needs to be more keyed around the mid ship levels for PVP and most battles, not who every can bring the biggest ships  and the most of them wins.  This is prob why shallow water ports battles tend to be more popular with the masses cause even low level players can get involved.

Actually many Pirates where actually Privateers for one country but any one he had permission to attacked would call him a Pirate.

To be honest I don't like the fact we have Pirates running around in mostly heavy frigates and SOL's all the times. Those ships if even used should be for PB"s and only special ones. That is why I don't think Pirates should be able to make them, but they can capture them though, but if they do than it's like a RED HOT HUNT KILL ON SIGHT BY ALL to be in one. Keep them to the frigates and light ships like they where normally in history. Though since they don't have SOL's give them more ships like the Pirate Frigate that has some twisted stats....more crew, cargo, or guns at the cost of other stats.

Let them raid a port and those that where involved get a pay out of econ items that port would of made in said time. Like 3 days of port production that the Nats can't use cause it was raided (give it time to rebuild it self pretty much). THey don't have ports of there own (except a few that are Pirate only ports) and they can use all Freetown unless they are smuggling. In these free towns are the only place they can do econ buildings in. They will be spread out more so they will need to depend on the raids and hitting traders more than actually producing the goods.

Allow clans to align with Nations if they wish so that if say you have Clan A and they are under pay from the British, but Clan B is helping the US and US and British is a war. Well the pirates can join that nation they are helping but not the other,and they can fight each other too while in those battles, but they only get xp for helping not just Pirate VS Pirate battles. This will keep them from uniting into one big nation and will keep them fractured. Well for the most part and those Nations will prob have to have a way to pay them for there service or face having them turn on them.

This game really needs to be more keyed around the mid ship levels for PVP and most battles, not who every can bring the biggest ships and the most of them wins. This is prob why shallow water ports battles tend to be more popular with the masses cause even low level players can get involved.

Yeah i suggested a " neutral " faction that players could act as privateer or pirates and they would be known by which name depending on what faction seen them.

They had lots of disadvantages like not owning ports etc but could align themselves with certai faction or use freeports etc.

Nobody liked the idea at thr time. Also while i completely agree pirates shouldn't be sailing around in sol all day i would prefer to let them have the option to make and use them but just take away the need for them aka port battles.

I get worried that in time once pirates are only allowed freeports and no large ships that the nationals can use thier telephone and 19th centurey teamspeak to know exactly where we are then ask Mr Spock to teleport them there and basically just keep us bottled up all day. We would need at least the threat of having sol to stop that.