Game-Labs Forum

Coalitions war

Celtiberofrog

Dear allies,

Spain is fighting hard for many weeks, it is part a coalition that is born by itself involving several nations fighting common enemies.

France is a faithful ally, Pirates is a friendly partner, Danemark is France's ally.

In order to counter-balance the enemy coalition (England, Holland, USA & Sweeden) it is necessary to combine war efforts.

Spain therefore ask its allies & partners to fight everywhere the enemies are located:

- Danemark should not tolarate anymore the Sweeds surrounding them through recent Sweeds port conquests in Northen Haiti.

- France should not anymore grant safe territories to Holland & Sweeden, the signed treaty has only served the enemy coalition (mostly England) to strengthen.

- Pirates is presently reorganizing their command & fleets and should strike back enemies on unexpected targets.

Spain has faith on the rightfull coalition that will eventually defeat England and its servile allies who only fight for England gridiness and imperialism desires.

LONG LIVE THE RIGHTFULL COALITION !

• Like 12

Holland?! Holanda ? Holanda ?

Ā 

Ah, yes, an old Spanish Territory in North Europe !

Ā 

So, you are right, the real name is Holanda ! jajaja !

Ā 

Alanxo Hispanophile Privateer

Edited by Alanxo
  • Like 1

Dear allies,

Spain is fighting hard for many weeks, it is part a coalition that is born by itself involving several nations fighting common enemies.

France is a faithful ally, Pirates is a friendly partner, Danemark is France's ally.

In order to counter-balance the enemy coalition (England, Holland, USA & Sweeden) it is necessary to combine war efforts.

Spain therefore ask its allies & partners to fight everywhere the enemies are located:

- Danemark should not tolarate anymore the Sweeds surrounding them through recent Sweeds port conquests in Northen Haiti.

- France should not anymore grant safe territories to Holland & Sweeden, the signed treaty has only served the enemy coalition (mostly England) to strengthen.

- Pirates is presently reorganizing their command & fleets and should strike back enemies on unexpected targets.

Spain has faith on the rightfull coalition that will eventually defeat England and its servile allies who only fight for England gridiness and imperialism desires.

Ā 

What should the nations say that are at war for over MONTHS, than just weeks?

Ā 

To motivate your allies to break recently made treaties which were mostly designed in favor for them;

to call Sweden your enemy while there was never a war declaration from any of both sides;

your recent "diplomatic performance" in diplo announcements filled with blaming and now even insults,

Ā 

this all will become a burden for the spanish nation in future negotiations. So far your coalition just made more enemies for themselves and loses reputation. In fact, the British-American-Dutch coalition just exist to fight pirates. Dutch and Brits have furthermore a defense pact we honor. But yeah, fair sportsmanship youĀ“ll demand just as long as it serves the spanish nation it seems. Good luck with your way.

• Like 2

Calling The Netherlands Holland can spark a war on its own, haha

Ā 

As a Dutchman from Noord-Brabant I agreed wholeheartedly.

Ā 

It's properly called the Batavian Republic I think.

Ā 

Still depends on the period.

...-1795: Ā  Ā  Republic of the Seven United Provinces.

1795-1806 Batavian RepublicĀ (French puppet state)

1806-1810 Kingdom of the Netherlands (French puppet state)

1810-1814 Part of the French Empire

1815-1833 United Kingdom of the Netherlands (Belgium and the Netherlands)

1833- now Kingdom of the Netherlands

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 3

Honourable Senor Frog from the House of Celtibero, sir,

One should not ask of his friends what one would not do himself. A plea to your friends to not honour an agreement is rather questionable.

I agree, the Treaty stirred the pot, like we all expected it would do when we signed the Treaty of Montserrat.

We as Dutch found new waters with fierce and great opponents and had renewed acquaintance with old enemies in new surroundings. Reinvigorating and profitable for most sides. If not in fights then in spirit.

It was the right thing to do with the Great Decline of captain activity in the Caribbean, and I will continue to thank the French, Swedish, Danish and Dutch councils for such a mature and wise decisions. Saying 'no' is the easiest.

I cherish and value the Spanish as one of the more tenacious opponents in the Caribbean, but alas we are on the other side of the fence by faith as opposed to hardened choice. Talks and treaties done in the past within the Eastern quarters could most certainly have easily led towards a totally different coalition, would it not for choices made by other nations than our own small Nation.

As a Frisian, who shall bow to no King, not even his own, as is customary in our lands of equals and Fryske Freiheit, Holland is but one of the United Provinces, that stand before you in the States General, in presence of the Prince of Orange. United, determined and stubborn.

A grand salute to you and your honorable Spanish brethren. May we experience peace together some day.

P.S. those that speak of Batavians will be hanged without trial throughout the Caribbean, so please be careful on that subject. They are considered worse scum than a pirate by most of the Dutch.

• Like 2

Dear allies,

Ā 

your just make your nation more shamefull with this things soon you have no allies to help cus your trying to break the treat between danes/french and swedish/dutch while danes and french made it

Ā 

come with better things than this

Ā 

wierd guy

• Like 1

While reading some holland speakers have feeling, like if I where faced juggling gypsy and can't decide for sure worth his performance money or scaffold.About treaty and allies duty, I'm afraid D-N can't provide good support atm. Treaty let blue-yellow racers team make a way to west, but we isn't in good shape to help. Some part of active players, including me, doesn't bother with PB anymore. Mechanic of PB sucks. But we always ready to burn hatchlings around Jamaica cooperating with coalition.

Like many Nations face that signed the treaty and why it was the right thing to do.

Stabilize our "homes". Continue to fight and have fun, but without the obligation of showing up each evening.

The Dutch way of live and let live. ;-)

Let's hope August/September will give some nice updates!

But first some sun, sea and travelling! ;-)

• Like 1

While reading some holland speakers have feeling, like if I where faced juggling gypsy and can't decide for sure worth his performance money or scaffold. About treaty and allies duty, I'm afraid D-N can't provide good support atm. Treaty let blue-yellow racers team make a way to west, but we isn't in good shape to help. Some part of active players, including me, doesn't bother with PB anymore. Mechanic of PB sucks. But we always ready to burn hatchlings around Jamaica cooperating with coalition.

Ā 

Everyone wants to go and kill noobs and fishermen around Jamaica, out of the entire opposing coalition, only Spain will take on the port battles and fight the more experienced players that don't sit outside Kingston andĀ PortĀ Morant Ā all day.

In fact, the British-American-Dutch coalition just exist to fight pirates

Ā 

no, you're wrong, that coalitions itsĀ against the Spaniards, because when the pirates appear they run to hide :DĀ  :DĀ 

Edited by Alado

Ā 

To motivate your allies to break recently made treaties which were mostly designed in favor for them;

to call Sweden your enemy while there was never a war declaration from any of both sides;

your recent "diplomatic performance" in diplo announcements filled with blaming and now even insults,

Ā 

this all will become a burden for the spanish nation in future negotiations. So far your coalition just made more enemies for themselves and loses reputation. In fact, the British-American-Dutch coalition just exist to fight pirates. Dutch and Brits have furthermore a defense pact we honor. But yeah, fair sportsmanship youĀ“ll demand just as long as it serves the spanish nation it seems. Good luck with your way.

Oh, come on, Mr Praefect!!!

Ā 

The fact is that the pact to end combat in the Southeast of the Caribbean has given quarter to the Dutch and the Swedes, that have opportunistically moved to Haiti and launched combined attacks with the Brits against Spanish possessions in Cuba.

Ā 

We were figting and defending successfully the south of Cuba against the British, every single day, until the Dutch started supporting their fleets and mutually defending their ports with attack flags that prevented our flags from being successfully planted. The Americans, of course, have profitted from the opportunity to attack us themselves, also combined with Brit and Holland attacks. So yes, now Spain is fighting three different nations that pool their resources and coordinate attacks. All this added to tje ignominy of the timers set for the British ports in Haiti.Ā 

Ā 

So, please, do not talk to me about honour. We are just simply asking our longtime allies the French for support and relief.

Ā 

And do not be concerned aboutt our reputation. Those that fought us know how we fight, and some have described their feelings about Spanish Captains in this forum.

Ā 

We will continue to fight three nations at the same time, no problem, in the hope that our allies and friends keep you entertained in your safe heaven. I hope to meet you sometime around your capital, we visit often lately.

Ā 

Yours.

Ā 

Brigadier Don Sancho NavarroĀ 

• Like 1

On one hand the spanish nation complains about her strategic situation, on the other hand there are no/low efforts in diplomacy to better it. What we told the french, we gonna tell you guys, its not about the ordinary captain we meet and respect in a battle. Its about ur decisions and actions as one of the 8 nation we have on the server. If you want safety for cuba, maybe start to come in contact with the brits and/or dutch to discuss about that topic, mhm? I donĀ“t think the spanish nation has that bad emotions towards the dutch, that this would be an impossible thing to do. But we simply canĀ“t help your nation if we get responses like that: "I hope to meet you sometime around your capital, we visit often lately."

Ā 

So I might kindly request a personal diplomatic contact within the spanish nation to have a chat about the situation. ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT:

@Celtiberofrog: Thank you for the nice talk we had. We are looking forward to continue that and hope to see the spanish diplomatic corps to be more present to discuss on a better level certain issues and how to solve them. ;)

Edited by praefect

Ā 

Ā 

Dear praefect,
you're joking when you try to give moral lessons, right?
Do I have to remind Ā that you attack Spanish ports without declaring war?
and do you have s"the balls" to give moral lessons and diplomacy?
it's hilarious!
Hope you have fun a lot these days, soon I guarantee that you will not have so much fun.
Spanish captains not forgive
Ā 
PS: a tip, our beloved king, when you come to negotiate peace, likes to lick the boots, and you will start to do so by the soles.
Ā 
Speakman18 Oficial de Escuadra de ƍndias

Belive me, you don't wanna see me :o:ph34r: .

Otto is right you don't want to see him. He was dropped as a child from a cathedral bell tower and landed face first. Then run over by a team of horses just before the wagon carrying hot coals dumped out on his face. Besides that he has a bad case of acne and a huge chin mole. The British have been known to cower just staring at the mole in their sight glasses.

Though we Pirates tend to consider any Spanish warship a friend as dear as ol dad. A donation to the Mortimer "Orphans and Ladies if ill repute fund" would go along way towards getting chummy with the merchant captains. We pirates are fond of those merchants what gives back to the community.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 2

Ā 

Dear praefect,
it's hilarious!
Hope you have fun a lot these days, soon I guarantee that you will not have so much fun.
Ā 
PS: a tip, our beloved king, when you come to negotiate peace, likes to lick the boots, and you will start to do so by the soles.
Ā 

Ā 

Well who attacked the Dutch in the east while there was a war between Dutch and French it was also Spanish so to be more exact Spanish should have declared war on the Vereenigde Provinciƫn and not the Dutch be happy we did

Ā 

Dear praefect,
it's hilarious!
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

I wasnĀ“t online that day when the flag was crafted. Once I heard of it the next day, we wrote an announcement instantly and tried to come in touch with spanish diplomats on your server.

Ā 

We are very sorry for that delay and I tried to come in touch with you guys over several days but couldnĀ“t get a diplomat, so we apologized towards several spanish clan officers and asked them to pass that through. Today we had a talk with celtiberofrog and we repeated that apologize.

But once again, we feel honestly sorry for that delay, we totally missed to make a proper announcement in advance. Too many of us thought that this would be unnecessary since Spaniards were already hostile towards us for a long time and so they thought we already would have been in a status of war. We are honestly sorry for that.

Ā 

The rest of your comment is very questionable. You seem to be a rather toxic person for our bilateral relations, so I kindly ask you to pass ur requests through ur nation diplomats to avoid any unnecessary issues.

Ā 

Ā 

A good day captain

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Also long time before the war declaration Dutch were attacking spanish around Key West.

Ā 

One might argue that there was never a peace treaty after the last spanish-dutch war and that the massive spanish support for the french in the eastern war would legalize any similar actions from our side.

Edited by praefect