Game-Labs Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Dimitri, for all your sound work.

As the saying goes, "You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of  the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!"

You make a  good game so much better with your sounds. 

I especially like all the creaks and groans of the hull and rigging when under way. I spent 4yrs sailing my own 40ft Sailboat on the Pacific and those sounds take me back so well to those days!

Would it be  possible to include the the sounds of sails emptying and filling with the wind when coming about? They're sure noisy as hell in my experience.

No matter what, keep 'em coming, mate!

• Like 1

Sounds terrific : )

Great improvement!

Will be great if we have the bell at OW to salute comrades as we pass by them.

Agreed, or even better, the "appropriate number of cannon shot" and the possibility to demand satisfaction when not done properly : )

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Captains, thank you all for your comments! Your tips and advises if possible will be implemented and included into a patch.

You have done a great work on it, just congratss the game will have more punch !! Do you plan to implement the other sounds language ?

It would be nice to post another video of this to see how your work evolves :)

Can't wait to test it when do you think this patch will be available

Edited by Blucher
  • Like 1

In Open World - bell to salute comrades, private message sound and capture alarm will be added soon.

Seagulls will be included to the Coast sound volume toggle. 

I'm in charge of the music too but the other things is more important now.

We could use additional voice commands in different language as a part of localization. I hope it will be fully implemented, at least partially depends on memory restriction. Anyway, voice commands can be turned off  by Crew sounds volume toggle.

Will check the radius of cannon sounds in OW battle events.

Captains, Thanks again, your feedback matters!
  • Like 11

I just had a four day gaming blitz, great job on the sounds, I like the "hard a starboard" when I throw the helm to the right, and the occasional seabirds, etc. Lots of sounds, not getting gob-smacked by repetition, perfect.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Hello Dimitry,

Good work on the new sounds which we can hear in the testbed server.

One advice, increase a bit the time between shouts cause sometimes it gets quite annoying hearing so much orders/voices in one minute.

I like the rate. An option in sound options to adjust the rate would be nice. I believe that would satisfy everyone.

• 3 months later...

Love the new sounds, especially Hard to Larboard!  

I hope you are developing some satisfying sounds for the GUI we've all been waiting for.  The new protractor map tool could also benefit from a satisfying sound.  :D

• Like 2