Game-Labs Forum

[REIS] Royal East India Squadron [REIS] - A small British Nation, Beer n Pretzels style clan primarily in Australian time zone. PVP1

Royal East India Squadron [REIS] - A small British Nation, Beer n Pretzels style clan primarily in Australian time zone.

Brief

Ordered to transfer all the way from the East Indies to the aid of the fleet. 

Consisting of crews encompassing men from all corners of the Empire and beyond. 

Including a not insignificant Colonial contingent.

Synopsis

We are a small informal "beer n' Pretzels" style clan made primarily of Australians but open to all corners of the globe and in fact already comprised 

of at least one Italian (Australian Expat), two Belgians (inactive) and one British gentleman from Norfolk. We generally only have

four or so players on at a time currently and sometimes as low as two. We play during AU +10gmt time zone on EU1. Usually around 9-10pm AU EST and some of us only come on at midnight. On a weekend we tend to come together a little better.

However any of us can be on at any time and we can have up to 7 at once.

The Members

Most of us are a fair way over 35 and some over 50, but we also have inactive members in their 20s. 

We love our history and period stuff when it comes to naval history or any other wargame kind of material.

All members are very friendly types especially if you are new to the game. We enjoy taking out smaller ships to play with newer members.

There is no pressure to be on and "do time" as we are very casual and understanding of real life. For us it's all about playing and having a good

quality experience with friendly like minded people. We don't have much structure at all as we are too small. You just do what you want when you want

and it does not even have to be with the group if you don't want. 

All we really ask is common courtesy and respect. We are not much into smack talk either. But the odd curse is heard under the pressure of battle....

What we do within the game

[REIS] generally like to do Fleet Missions together as well as patrols and help with port battles where we are online and have time to do so. 

As you can tell even though we are active enough to be on most nights we are not large enough or time rich enough to do port battles every night.

The Squadron does however co-operate with the larger nation and clan activities where ever we meet them to help with national naval actions.

What we have do outside of naval actions

The squadron has at least one avid level 50 (the max level) crafter and a keen trader\explorer.

How we communicate

The official Squadron voice communications tool is a program called Discord. Which is free and across between Skype and Teamspeak. 

We have a number of channels in this for those that don't want to be swamped by whatever chat is going on at the time. Some of us

get carried away debating naval weaponry, history, naval fiction and such some times, but generally it's quiet enough to have a good conversation.

Would you like to join?

If you are like minded and interested in a laid back game of Naval Action.

We are really just after filling out a bit and having some quality mature people to talk to and enjoy the experience with.

Respond here or pop me a PM.

Thank you for reading and regards to all,

Destraex

Squadron History:

28345173376_ecba859aeb_b.jpg

A long way from home to the Caribbean:

28345174606_50ba1659aa_b.jpg

Quote "the Trafalgar Companion by Mark Adkin"

• Like 1

I love a good skirmish with PvP Pirates and Danes and Spaniards. We fight as a team and support each other. Even if you're from another clan, I will support you when you are in difficulty and / or outnumbered.

Edited by Lannes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just joined GB and share your attitude towards naval action. Before the wipe I was in a nation that was less than friendly and not fun mates. I enjoy both solo hunting and working to help anyone, including my opponent if they are a decent guy as it its a game after all. I am on the east coast of the US time zone, so  I hope that would not be an challenge for working with others in the clan. My handle is Captain Thomas Lacey.