Game-Labs Forum

Reply post annoying behavior

This behavior is consistent and annoying.  Whenever replying in a thread using the reply text box, first you click to get the cursor and focus there.  However, if you do not click toward the bottom of the open area, but click rather near the top, then the editing tools pop up and very frequently it automatically selects one of the features you clicked near, e.g. bold, or superscript, or underline, etc.  (I frequent this forum on a laptop with 15" monitor a lot, so the screen height is short and therefore when I click in the text box it's usually near the top, or I have to scroll down first.)  This auto-selection is extremely annoying, I must've done this a hundred times.  Is this the default forum software behavior, and can it be modified?  It can be overcome in an extra click or two, but it is extremely annoying forum behavior.

Edited by Jean Ribault

Yes I should've mentioned that.  Happens in both IE11 and in MS Edge.  Regarding device, I never use the forum on the phone, so it's laptop and desktop both where it happens, running Windows 7 with IE11 on the desktop and one laptop, and Windows 10 with Edge on the other laptops.  But since on one laptop it's 15" monitor it's shorter screen available so most likely to catch the top of the text box on that one.

Edited by Jean Ribault

• 2 weeks later...

Also, double check that when on the forum page that you are zoomed at 100%. I've noticed before that at some point I had zoomed out on this forum and every time I loaded it, it was zoomed out, even tho other pages like fb were normal 100%. Once I changed the zoom back to normal, everything was fine from then on.