Game-Labs Forum

The Vereenigde Provinciën declares war on Spain

pietjenoob

As an American, I am overjoyed to hear this news. We will need to work together against our common foe. For freedom!

I must say, I pity the Spanish. They're being besieged from all sides; the Americans are making gains in the Gulf, the Brits are holding back the Spanish, and now the Dutch are sweeping in for the kill. The Pirates are falling on all fronts, the Swedes and Americans are being the crap out of the pirates from both ends.

Gents, I don't understand what you could say against Baked Beans, Scrambled Eggs and Ham, Sausages, grilled Tomatoes and Toast. It's by far the best meal one can get in Britain.

You're going to make me sick. Everyone knows the true breakfast is pancakes (or waffles) with maple syrup, scrambled eggs, bacon (real American bacon, not that SPAM level junk you call bacon), and sausage. Add a hashbrown if you have one available. Serve with a cold glass of orange juice and a piping hot cup of straight black coffee.

Buttermilk-Pancakes-wEggs-550x310.jpg?wi

Can't get more American than that. Oorah!

Edited by EricKilla
  • Like 1

Stop the eating stuff ,i m getting hungry  :wacko:

lets eat paella  :P

:ph34r: where is the paella.... where is it ,....mmm aahh i found a map  ;) 

Hola Hola Hola...(or something )

• Like 1

whereas all of the Spanish dishes look too spicy

Spain is not Mexico.

where is the paella

If you want paella, dont worry, I 'll drop overboard rice , because water and seafood you already have on the seabed

Announcement by the Dutch War Council

Today a first Iteration of some kind of peace talks took place in Havana, involving the Spanish Crown and representatives of British, US and Dutch West Indies Councils.

The British Crown offered to guarantee the spanish claims over the western part of the Gulf of Mexico and Cuba, with the exception of the very southern coast of the Island. This is demanded in order to have sufficient security for their core territories on Jamaica and are already conquered by british and dutch forces. The Spanish Crown refused this reasonable proposal and demand half of the Cayman Islands and half of the southern Coast of Cuba. Additionally the Spanish Crown demand whole Yucatan and more, till Troxillo, such that around 30 british ports in total would have to be handled over to the Spanish Crown. These Demands were rejected by the representatives of British, US and Dutch West Indies Councils.

The Dutch War Council is disappointed about this unreasonable demands from the Spanish Crown as the dutch tried to mediate in that conflict in favor for the Spanish Crown. As an direct reaction to that the fleets of the Dutch West Indies Consortium will stop their granted self-limitation to Santa-Cruz and got order to take over spanish ports on cuba coast if possible and to support british activities in that area. This is decided in order to convince the Spanish Crown and their diplomacy corps to provide a reasonable proposal for the future legal relations in that area. The Dutch Forces guarantee to handle over all ports back to the former owner, the spaniards, which were captured by dutch fleets, if a future treaty does not tell otherwise. It is ordered to prevent any harm towards the spanish population.

The Admiralty of the Dutch Fleets of the West Indies Consortium,

empowered by the Staaten General of the Zeven Vereinigde Provincien 

Edited by praefect
  • Like 3

The Spanish Crown refused this reasonable proposal and demand half of the Cayman Island and half of the southern Coast of Cuba. Additionally the Spanish Crown demand whole Yucatan and more, till Troxillo, such that around 30 british ports in total would have to be handled over to the Spanish Crown.

That is really unfortunate.

I sometimes wonder if spanish diplomacy asks for things like this, because they think it is reasonable or if it is just trolling.

I would like to add one more point.

It´s not showing good will and diplomatic efforts to continuously kick foreign diplos from the server, when these guys are actually there by invitation and to offer a open ear for the other side needs. That`s really bad attitude and leaves the impression, that this side is not interested in mutual talks at all.

If the spanish nation wants to come back to a respectful contact with the dutch, we would invite their representatives to come to our ts.

This is the spirit of negotiation ..... I offer you 20, you want 100, and after imaginative offerings, and several meetings, we were 60 ... If a negotiator is good, will be 65, and if is the other, will be 55 .......

You want to fix it to the first change? ..... That little patience has this youth ...

This, if you want to have peace it is clear .......

I'm more of grain in the ass ..... last time I spent very well ........ XD

I would like to add one more point.

It´s not showing good will and diplomatic efforts to continuously kick foreign diplos from the server, when these guys are actually there by invitation and to offer a open ear for the other side needs. That`s really bad attitude and leaves the impression, that this side is not interested in mutual talks at all.

If the spanish nation wants to come back to a respectful contact with the dutch, we would invite their representatives to come to our ts.

Let me clarify something.... you started laughing at one of our mates. In addition of your known tone... we cannot see you as a proper emissary/diplomat. 

PD: I won't even answer your message about the "negotiation"... You should work on your sincerity, honesty and honor before.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

Let me clarify something.... you started laughing at one of our mates.

Ehm, what?! I was pretty much alone in my channel good sir. Once your new elected spokesman came in and we had no problems. Sorry, that is pretty much ridiculous what you are saying.

Anyway, once the spanish nation sorted out their internal problems and are able to speak through true representatives, we can come back to the negotiation table. Till that, we will leave you alone, cos time investments seem to be a waste currently.

Good day captains

Edited by praefect

Ehm, what?! I was pretty much alone in my channel good sir. Once your new elected spokesman came to and we had no problems. Sorry, that is pretty much ridiculous what you are saying.

Anyway, once the spanish nation sorted out their internal problems and are able to speak through true representatives, we can come back to the negotiation table. Till that, we will leave you alone, cos time investments seem to be a waste currently.

Good day captains

You don't need anyone on your channel to send messages in the chat. The problem is you, its not our diplomat, who is on vacation and wont come, is your tone, your arrogance and your manners. 

And yes... I'm might be at your level, but I'm not a diplomat.

i am not part of any negotiations, so all i am writing is my personal oppionion:

in a negotiation two parties can only come to terms if:

a) both are in posession of something the other party wants

or

B) one party wants something and the other party shows a lot of good will

from my perspective Spain does not have a lot to offer I (and im specifically not saying Britain and/or the provinces) want.

If Spain comes into negotiation wanting everythinh (30 ports) but has nothing to offer in return, this leads to a point where a negotiation does not start at 100 and meets at 65 to 55 as alvar has stated.

I dont have any interest in reducing spain to one port or wiping them from the map. on the other hand i dont see any reason to give ports to spain that are close to jamaica. why would we? what does spain have to offer for me to give up that position?

With british and US diplomats as witness, there was no arrogance happening from our side at all good sir. Actually the spanish side recorded the talks, so its quite easy to proof that. With making use of chat history I could bring a proof that there was just one single chat with a spanish person today where I asked what he tried to tell me with sending a "seriously?". I was just asking what he was talking about and still don´t understand with his further answers. But maybe the person who felt insulted should just post the chat content here, since you complain in public about it.

Anyway, the dutch diplo corps has get a very strict point of view in terms of disrespect from another nation, we simply do not invest further time and efforts. We inform our council about the diplomatic trends and pass through the will of our council with the tone and measure of strictness intended by our council. Since we gone from a very neutral point of view into the talks without any bad emotions towards the spanish side, we are now very disappointed that it failed so fast and that we obviously made the same experiences like US and british made before. Maybe it´s (like with parts of the french community in the past) cos of some kind of language barrier where the problems are coming from, we don´t know.

However, to demand 30 ports; to expect that in a full war the opponent has to stick to own given self-limitations, meant as a good sign, while spanish side is making no step forward at all; to kick foreign diplos from the server because they would be spies or this time because they would have been arrogant in a chat with a spanish captain... Sorry, all that sounds very strange and reminds us about another nation, which created a lot of frustration within our nation in the past. We are not willing to spend our time with that.

The dutch respect the spanish captains, you fight bravely in the battles and it´s a pleasure to contest you guys. In terms of diplomacy we obviously can´t help your nation currently and hope we can just agree upon that we disagree instead of starting another flame war here in the forums.

kind regards

Edited by praefect
  • Like 1