Game-Labs Forum

The biggest friend of the Trader at night

Hi captains

well the biggest friend is ...darkness...

when i am sailing at night in enemy territory

i always light up, as  if i am a lighthouse on the water what attracts more pirates from a long distance

i always ask my boatswain to shut down the lights but for some reason, he is not able to dim the lights

he for some reason can not find the key button  ( L ) " for lights off " because my vessel has a hidden place for it ....

so my question for the devs would be, make the key button  L active for toggle the lights 

Captains and dev s what do you think of it is it a good feature, should it be implemented ?

if so thumbs up and like pls

Greetings 
o7 Thonys 

• Like 24

Always thought about this one, during the heavy storms we have from times to times we can barely see the coast 100 meters away from our ship but we are still able to see and follow clearly the illuminated stern of a ship acting like a beacon in the night as long as he stays in the rendering distances, being able to turn lights off will be great, if i am chased by enemies in the night or trying to sneak up somewhere using the bad weather i should be able to turn lights off on my ships.

• Like 1

Yes, lights off!

I also think that a stern light would rather be invisible - we talk of oil lamps ... I even think that visibility range in darkness should be much smaller.

Yes, lights off!

I also think that a stern light would rather be invisible - we talk of oil lamps ... I even think that visibility range in darkness should be much smaller.

Lookouts do not look for shapes in the dark. They look for pattern breaks.

Also fog already takes care of it ( and saved my whiny backside many times on hostile waters ).

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

For the amount of coding it would take, the return is quite large. 

+1

I don't know much about coding, but it seems simple enough to install an on switch in the options and default the light to off.

The return is huge, because it is very impractical to hang a homing beacon on a trade ship to attract hunters

Edited by Macjimm
Speling

On 7/11/2018 at 1:55 PM, BallsOfSteel said:

Suggested years ago. We need night lasting same ratio as real thing. Not 10 minutes 

Yep. Sad thing is, we need to repeat such suggestions over and over and over and over again......And then...

We get Xebec:rolleyes:

• Like 1