Game-Labs Forum

Fishing upgrades

I know that fishing is still in its early stages but I feel that we could upgrade our ship with fishing based upgrades to increase the speed we catch fish. Take for example an upgrade we can call "large fishing net" which doubles the rate fish is caught or even halls the time it takes to catch them.

• Like 1

It is an age of sail sandbox mmo, you play it as you want.

What would be cool is the ability to hire different officers that you have to each level up and have different perks and select which one you want to use when you go out.

One officer will be my combat officer. Heck, maybe I'll chose different officers for pve and PVP since you play that differently. So 2 different combat officers, I guess.

Another can be my crafting/fishing officer with maybe perks for OS speed (so I can sail faster to spots where I need to buy stuff for crafting and escape being targeted) or a perk for increased chance at finding bottles and such :)

• Like 3

hey what if i want to be a scavenger / explorer why could not i could have mods or officer perks to allow me to find more wrecks or lost settlements. i'm still sailing around open to the pvp environment or just pve if i choose

• Like 1

I have already posed a few suggestions for possible fishing modules here: Fishing, and Fishing Modules

I have also noted that there should (eventually) be some drawbacks to sailing around while fishing, and others have suggested the need for fishing-specific vessels. All likely to come in time as this is a relatively new mechanic.