Game-Labs Forum

OCEAN - Oceanic Privateers (PvP 1, Pirates)

14 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

OP Updated. 

But ye, OCEAN have made the decision to join Pirates in the hopes of being able to get consistent PvP and thereby, increasing our activity level once more. 

Good luck sir, I can totally understand why. 

• Like 3

We were heavily surprised when we saw Sea Hyena in a basic cutter wearing the Jolly Roger yesterday :D

Also from my side good luck and fair winds to you Oceanic guys!

27 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

We were heavily surprised when we saw Sea Hyena in a basic cutter wearing the Jolly Roger yesterday :D

Also from my side good luck and fair winds to you Oceanic guys!

Hehe we had been talking about it for a while and then one day it just happened :P 
Rest assured though, we appreciate our time in the Swedish Nation, from day 1 we were treated as if we had been in the nation since the start of OW. The Swedish community is great and take good care of their own. 
It has been a pleasure to sail with all of ye. And a big shout out to @sveno, the work he does every day for the Swedish Nation is incredible!

• Like 6

My role playing side is sad to see you all take the black but my practical side thinks its a good move for you considering your small group pvp only focus of your clan. The pirates need a boost as well atm. Cya around. We should arrange some small fights from time to time.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Johny Reb said:

My role playing side is sad to see you all take the black but my practical side thinks its a good move for you considering your small group pvp only focus of your clan. The pirates need a boost as well atm. Cya around. We should arrange some small fights from time to time.

This right here!  I also do not believe Pirates fit your play style and persona.  You sail around the open seas, and pride yourselves on having a strict code of conduct by not ganking players and are always looking for even fights.  You refuse to engage enemies that would be no match for you and your team, and thus opting for a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 ect...  Pirates do not operate that way; pirates tend to only fight when they have the clear advantage, and most pirates I have gotten into fights with run away if the fight is too evenly matched, even if they have a slight BR advantage and hunt you down if they have a very clear advantage. 

Are you sure the pirate’s life is for you?

or perhaps the developers broke the game making it hard for nations to find good small group pvp, hard to say.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

This right here!  I also do not believe Pirates fit your play style and persona.  You sail around the open seas, and pride yourselves on having a strict code of conduct by not ganking players and are always looking for even fights.  You refuse to engage enemies that would be no match for you and your team, and thus opting for a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 ect...  Pirates do not operate that way; pirates tend to only fight when they have the clear advantage, and most pirates I have gotten into fights with run away if the fight is too evenly matched, even if they have a slight BR advantage and hunt you down if they have a very clear advantage. 

or perhaps the developers broke the game making it hard for nations to find good small group pvp, hard to say.

You are right, the typical Pirate operates like that! 

But, so does most nations in NA atm. And being in the Pirate Nations gives us 8 nations to fight instead of 4! In theory, our chances of finding consistent PvP should be doubled now :P 

Personally i dont care much about what "Nation/Faction" i belong to, it is just a name. Unfortunately, it is also used as a label and no matter which faction/nation you are in.
And as you may or may not know, the activity level in OCEAN has dropped drastically because we have had much trouble finding consistent solo/small group pvp. Hopefully this change will bring us back so to speak! 

We hope that the Pirate Faction will be "Clan Based" with "Clan Level Politics" in the future. 

Lastly, dont fear! Our Code of Conduct, or Rules of Engagement, will not change. The only change is the "Label" we carry. 
- If it was up to us, the only "Label" we would carry would be OCEAN. Not Sweden, US, Britain, France, Spain, nor Pirate! :D

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Yar Matey said:

Let's be perfectly clear on the matter of fair fights, honor, and code of conduct....all of this is in short supply on national side as well. It has absolutely nothing to do with sailing as a pirate or sailing as a Jamaican fish boat captain. The real truth is that 90% of ALL players are pretty gutless....no 1 faction has a monopoly on that trait. As to OCEAN I will say welcome and glad to see you flying the black!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

Let's be perfectly clear on the matter of fair fights, honor, and code of conduct....all of this is in short supply on national side as well. It has absolutely nothing to do with sailing as a pirate or sailing as a Jamaican fish boat captain. The real truth is that 90% of ALL players are pretty gutless....no 1 faction has a monopoly on that trait. As to OCEAN I will say welcome and glad to see you flying the black!

I respect that they have a code of conduct for operating on the open seas.  I was speaking more in terms of a role playing perspective.  I get that there are nats that do the same thing.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yar Matey said:

Thats what they say, what they do is different, didnt recall them  avoid to gank bountyhunter returning from pvp event 3 vs 1, (and he was in already damage and 300 crew only in a buc) they happily ganked him not let him go even if 3 trinco? vs a buc with 300 crew already dmg was hardly a fair fight :)  For then complain when i engaged them with an entire fleet becouse not was "fair", i call it double standard.

they will fit in pirates JUST FINE  , actually i think pirates is the nation that fit Ocean more then anyone else (expecial considering their pb )

Edited by Lord Vicious

3 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

Ocean only good when use BOTS

GIXGLTI.png

Lets see how many fall for this again :P

44 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

EXPOSED 1.01.01.0

Is Seabot_ver2.3 licensed under GPL? is Payware? or CHEAT-SHAME-ware?

• Like 2