Game-Labs Forum

Fishing, and Fishing Modules

With the introduction of fishing, OS sailing has been given a good bit of relevancy and purpose (+ the travel XP). However, at the moment, fishing has no drawbacks; a player can (and should) simply have fishing turned on all the time.

This is understandable for initial testing, but later down the line, there should be some give-and-take. Perhaps fishing should reduce OS speed, or anyone who is attacked while fishing will get a negative effect in battle (perhaps it will take longer to initially load guns/unfurl sails seeing as some crew will be occupied with putting away fishing equipment)

Perhaps a "setup" period would be in order, a small amount of time needed when turning fishing off/on.

Also, here is a preliminary list of possible future fishing module suggestions. Add on as you wish.

• Trawling Nets: +% in volume of fish per catch, -% OS speed, maybe less cargo space. Longer setup time
  • Long Lines: +% Fish catch rate, no OS speed penalty.
  • Barbed Hooks: Chance to catch bigger fish
  • Like 9

This addition of fishing in it's present form is silly and ridiculous , it should be limited to lieutenant level and below with the addition of Buildings (Fishing wharf or something) and specialized ships for the higher levels( trawlers , longliners ). By the way where are the Cod fish along the New England coast,Cod fishing helped build that part of the country. Where in the hell is the Tobacco in the 13 colonies of the United States Tobacco was and is a major Cash Crop in the Carolinas ,Virginia and other southern states. It was something that helped build this country.

This addition of fishing in it's present form is silly and ridiculous , it should be limited to lieutenant level and below with the addition of Buildings (Fishing wharf or something) and specialized ships for the higher levels( trawlers , longliners ). By the way where are the Cod fish along the New England coast,Cod fishing helped build that part of the country. Where in the hell is the Tobacco in the 13 colonies of the United States Tobacco was and is a major Cash Crop in the Carolinas ,Virginia and other southern states. It was something that helped build this country.

Why are you so angry?  Please provide your feedback in a respectful and positive manner.

• Like 3

Given we have only South Carolina coast... yeah...

It is only a small iteration of a new economic thing. Remember the game is about naval combat backed up by trade. Economy evolves as much as it can support war and combat. That's it. It is not the purpose of the game.

• Like 1

I know this will be an political incorrect suggestion. but why not add whaling, and slaves to the game. both where a huge part of the economy in the carribian in the period of the game.

And I really like the fishing upgrade suggestion

Edited by Reorx Redbeard

I know this will be an political incorrect suggestion. but why not add whaling, and slaves to the game. both where a huge part of the economy in the carribian in the period of the game.

And I really like the fishing upgrade suggestion

Devs have already stated that whaling and slavery will not be present in the game.

Are we certain there isnt already a slight speed nerf already??

If it is it is hardly noticeable.

Be able to use diffrent equiptment (Upgrade) for trolling (trawling was not "invented" at the time) like longer lines (to Catch bigger deep-going fish), xtra bars, baited hooks and multihook for smaller fish  (like snappers or herring to be caught in a bigger amount at a time and be used as bait to Catch tuna dorado )

Speed should also effect what  kind of fish u get. And the ability to bait,, etc etc

And I would love to be able to set my lobster and crab Cages outside fort baii!!..

• Like 1

Devs have already stated that whaling and slavery will not be present in the game.

If it is it is hardly noticeable.

I understand fragile special flowers and political correctness wont allow slavery but whaling ? Are the peta people that concerned abkut fake whales too ? Why no whaling?

I would like to see a fishing schooner added to the game which would give you some bonuses for fishing. Maybe even throw a couple 4 pounders on her as many private fishing schooners were armed during the war of 1812.

Fishing_Schooner_1800s.jpg

Edited by Grizwald
  • Like 1