Game-Labs Forum

Hi, while fishing i catch a "sealled bottle"...when right clicked it, the window info poped up with the option "use". after selected it, received the follow advise with something like that: "if you use it, you will lost information about the ship wreck (?)". Yes, i used it and it disappeared...

Im happy to assume that devs are planning some kind of exploration (recovering wreck, possilble?)

Not about that was said in the patch notes...can we have some oficial statement about that? are we finally have some exploration?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

It is a mis-print, so to speak.  If you use it, you will lose any previous information about shipwrecks.  You should be able to use it guilt-free to find a location of something perhaps epic, perhaps mundane.

• Like 1

when you use it a shipwreck icon will appear on your map......sail there and explore ;)

when you use it a shipwreck icon will appear on your map......sail there and explore ;)

no ship wreck appeared on my map nm i see it now cool

Edited by Tief N Tote

Shipwrecks confirmed. Open bottle, use it and follow map marker. You can only open one bottle and set it active. Opening another one will cancel previous. 

• Like 3

I hate you all! Where is my bottle? :P

Maybe people will now sail across the map on purpose and forget about teleport. Imagine recovering 20 of those bottles on your way to Bermuda!

• Like 1

Waaaaaayyyyyyy too many bottles popping up already.  More MAGGGGGGGIC!!!

Ugh.

I really like the shipwrecks. Adds exploration to the game. Although the loot is a little too good. Instead of maybe gold coins, silver coins, upgrades, and labor contacts, maybe just have something collectible, but not usable, in the wreck. I really hope there will be more shipwrecks but cannot see it happening with the amount of loot. Found 3 wrecks today, got about 600 gold coins, 600 silver coins, 8 labor contracts (very nice idea) and 3 gold upgrades total. I also enjoy the fishing as well and the information on the type of fish.

• Like 2

Waaaaaayyyyyyy too many bottles popping up already. More MAGGGGGGGIC!!!

Ugh.

First they take away the need to use open sea now they bribe players to use it. Seems about right.

Finding things in the open sea could have been so great. So many things that could have been out there from ship wrecked sailers or castaways on a boat lost, or even a giant white whale. Instead we get teleports to kill the open sea then a bandaid magic fix to encourage sea use.

All I know is that until the drop rate is decreased, I'm now hitting EVERY damn traders cutter I see...

• Like 2

Open Bottle and Search for this icon on your map

GT1QlhM.jpg

• Like 3

Open Bottle and Search for this icon on your map

GT1QlhM.jpg

Will the icon disappear from the map at any time, e.g. if you don't sail there instantly? Or will it remain there until you have visited it?

Edited by Guest

I've spent 1,5h sailing in traders cutter. All ppl get Except upgrds I've got what?.... Exeptional light canvas (lol?... :huh:)... plus 4 labor contracts (2000 labour hours) not mentioning coins... def worth it :ph34r:. Content idea having ppl on the open sea - awesome! 

I really like the shipwrecks. Adds exploration to the game. Although the loot is a little too good. Instead of maybe gold coins, silver coins, upgrades, and labor contacts, maybe just have something collectible, but not usable, in the wreck. I really hope there will be more shipwrecks but cannot see it happening with the amount of loot. Found 3 wrecks today, got about 600 gold coins, 600 silver coins, 8 labor contracts (very nice idea) and 3 gold upgrades total. I also enjoy the fishing as well and the information on the type of fish.

Im afraid that wrecks loot has to be that good so ppl actually will go for it

• Like 1

I got only 1 bottle for sailing over 3 hours, I think its about good how it is, maybe some fiddling but overall if you sail that much to find a bottle then it better be really worth it imho...

i think DEV shouldn't adjust rates of getting bottle , adjust  rewards is better 

• Like 1

Love the bottle and the wreck! Only one bottle in the last 24 hours, but I hope I find more. I like the idea of also finding shipwrecked sailors, mermaids and white whales (Moby Dick). :)

• Like 5

So far, I have found two bottles.  I think the drop rate and the quality of the treasure needs to be adjusted because the rewards are way too high and it's a disincentive for people to get into port battles to look for upgrades when epic upgrades are so easily available.

Use new coordinate system and spy glass to help you find the wreck.  ;) * You won't be able to pick up loot if you don't have enough cargo space. 

lxQvltD.jpg

• Like 1

Ive been reading the bottle drop areas and rates and even though i KNOW this isnt the case because it would make sense but it almost seems like people are finding bottles where the most pvp took place aka the Bahamas or hati etc and nothing out in the safe spots.

It would be great if bottles would spawn where the most player battles have been whether vs open world ai or player vs player ( just not missions). Might encourage more action and definitely is better tham rng.

• Like 1

I found one somewhere on a sail from timbuktu to the land that time forgot, I doubt there were many battles there.

• Like 1