Game-Labs Forum

Hurry Up and Merge the PvP Servers

Even PvP One is at ~200 players at most when I play, which is prime time in the US.  Just get on with it and merge us all on to one server.  We won't see a spike like we did with the Steam launch again.  It's just the way things go in all games.  We might as well have the highest population possible at the moment and deal with queues if more than 2200 people ever decide to play all at once again.

/rant

• Like 3

You are presuming PVP2 people will migrate to the PVP1 server. They seem to be in a happy space now that certain people have left for the PVP1 server. I cannot imagine that they would appreciate being reunited. Perhaps a special troll server needs to be set up for all the gankers etc. lol.

Even PvP One is at ~200 players at most when I play, which is prime time in the US.  Just get on with it and merge us all on to one server.  We won't see a spike like we did with the Steam launch again.  It's just the way things go in all games.  We might as well have the highest population possible at the moment and deal with queues if more than 2200 people ever decide to play all at once again.

/rant

This has to be the worse logic ever.

Rephrasing: The population is low on two servers. We should force people into a server that they choose to avoid because making people do something against their will increase the population. ... And if the numbers get excessive we can exclude people.

This thread sounds like a troll. It suggests that the players on PvP2 are just to stupid to know what is good for themselves and if we do not allow them to play the server they like will be much happier.

Perhaps we can merge these threads about dictating server choice ... but allow us to pick the type of gameplay we enjoy.

You are presuming PVP2 people will migrate to the PVP1 server. They seem to be in a happy space now that certain people have left for the PVP1 server. I cannot imagine that they would appreciate being reunited. Perhaps a special troll server needs to be set up for all the gankers etc. lol.

Happy space? Whenever I go back there I see fewer then 150 people .. sometimes less then 100 in US prime time

Huh, what do you mean? We have PvP1 for that and PvE1 for all the others. :lol:

Once again despite the best efforts of devs and poachers the pvp2 server is back up to over 130 in US prime time the last couple times ive logged in. It really seems that the pvp1 server is the fail server since its numbers are in constant free fall.

There is a great reason pvp1 is a fail server and you wanting to assimilate our good server will at best give you new life for a week before the fail that is toxic pvp1 returns.

Hell even England voted to leave the eu so stop trying to force US in ! ;) ( disclaimer for the morons who have already thought this was in game england and nit a damb joke. I am making a joke basing current real world politics that mirror a subject in game we are discussing. Hope this helps the stupid. )

Edited by Mrdoomed

The United Kingdom voted to leave the EU, England is part of the United Kingdom

Omfg youre daft. Do i REALLY need to put a f ing disclaimer that its a freaking joke. Jesus Christ man get a check.

Edited by Mrdoomed

I left for PvP1 because all those other people left for PvP1

Most of the PvP2 players who went to PvP1 stopped playing entirely. I joined a faction where I am maybe the only old pvp2 player...

PvP1 is a lot more toxic than PvP2 but do not act like PvP2 was perfect as well. (yes I know a lot of these types stopped playing, but still) We still had gankers, we has massive nations roflstomping smaller nations, the main method of PvP was the good ole "hide in ports" ganking method...diplomacy was a mess...and PvP2 blew the hell out of national news. 

I am learning a 2nd language, which is why I enjoy playing for France. I like PvP1 if just for the fact that I can listen and read french almost exclusively. Its helping me regain my fluency and  I learn new words every day. 

I know a lot of people who are waiting to play on PvP1 until there is a PvP2 merge. They want their assets. As far as I can tell this is a big reason why lots of PvP2 players stopped playing on PvP1. The price jump was insane. When I first got on PvP1 it was 500-750k for a trincomalee compared to less than 200k on PvP2. Thats a lot of grinding just to get to your favorite money making ships. A lot of work most players didnt seem to want to do again without a major content change.

Thats the facts as I see them. I do think we would see a significant increase in players on PvP1 if there was a merge. Perhaps not from those who currently play, but from all those who stopped.

The question is, should the devs merge the servers or allow an assets merge?

Edited by Æthlstan
  • Like 2

If you're unsure of your facts Google them first it will save people pointing out that your poorly educated.

Im sorry your kind isn't capable of getting a jokem just another reason our server dont want to merge lol.

Youre like the worst fail troll ever. Im gonna just let you be now cuz youre so bad at it you dont even understand what is happening to you. Buh bye now.

On a side note troll, if youre gonna point out how poorly educated someone is use the correct spelling of your,youre ,you're etc. You said your not you're and i know your vast intelligence would want to fix that lol. Fail troll is fail.

Edited by Mrdoomed

Once again despite the best efforts of devs and poachers the pvp2 server is back up to over 130 in US prime time the last couple times ive logged in. It really seems that the pvp1 server is the fail server since its numbers are in constant free fall. )

That's just a lot of us logging into pvp2 this past week to prep up for the merge and sail around taking advantage of the hopelessly broken pvp2 economy. Just pop the smuggler flag on and go shopping for thousands of materials at base cost in ports no one has visited in weeks. Pvp1 should be sitting pretty good on redeemable raw mats after the merge.

• Like 2

That's just a lot of us logging into pvp2 this past week to prep up for the merge and sail around taking advantage of the hopelessly broken pvp2 economy. Just pop the smuggler flag on and go shopping for thousands of materials at base cost in ports no one has visited in weeks. Pvp1 should be sitting pretty good on redeemable raw mats after the merge.

Hey dont burst my bubble lol. If we do get merged i look forward to playing with you and a few others.

you're....black kettles come to mind right about now LOL:D

Lmao. Couldn't have said it better myself. Hes like a self burning oven.

"a special troll server needs to be set up for all the gankers"

So... what your saying is that Combat is bad... in a Naval game... set in an the 1700s... when all of Europe was regularly at war...

The comment was pretty much tongue in cheek but I note that you confuse ganking with naval combat. I just hear that PVP2 guys are having a good time while PVP1 is toxic.

Personally sending all the gankers to troll paradise does have it's attraction. Then everyone else can get on with actual naval combat.

The comment was pretty much tongue in cheek but I note that you confuse ganking with naval combat. I just hear that PVP2 guys are having a good time while PVP1 is toxic.

Personally sending all the gankers to troll paradise does have it's attraction. Then everyone else can get on with actual naval combat.

Seems most of the toxic cant take a joke or understand humor ir the give in take of friendly banter on the forums is from 1 server too.

"a special troll server needs to be set up for all the gankers"

So... what your saying is that Combat is bad... in a Naval game... set in an the 1700s... when all of Europe was regularly at war...

From nearly all the books I've read of the era, it was a huge rarity that 5-7v1 gank squads sailed around enemy waters close to capitals picking on new citizens and then somehow disappearing when the ganked nation shows up to protect. This does not make for the "Combat" to which you infer. The combat we want in this game are the nearly evenly matched PvP that you get in port battles, or nearly even PvP in OW.

But suggesting a troll server? I think he forgot the "lol" at the end of that.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne

Count me in on one of the ones on PvP2 that does not want to merge with PvP1.  I am glad most of the gank squads from PvP2 left and went on to PvP1.  Now we can actually coordinate good PvP port battles and not have to worry so much about the toxic gank squads that take advantage of broken in game mechanics.

• Like 1

Current players:

PVP 1 EU : 707 (EU tz :: 5.41 PM on sunday)

PVP 2 US : 72 (US tz :: 09.41 - 11.41 PM on sunday)

So where u want to play ? where there are actually people to pvp with or lets just get us our PVE on at the PVP 2 server.

Like Æthlstan mentioned in the above post alot of people are in limbo of where to play, after being told by the Devs that they will look into it, this was in late February/march.

The merging test with PVE 3 EU to PVE 1 US was completed, was it a success or did u loose half the population of the PVE 3 ?

Just some update on what the devs decision is going to be after 3-4 months, that is what i like to know if i still need to sit around and wait for my assets to be transferred over or its not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Edited by SoulPYTHON
  • Like 1

Current players:

So where u want to play ? where there are actually people to pvp with or lets just get us our PVE on at the PVP 2 server.

Like Æthlstan mentioned in the above post alot of people are in limbo of where to play, after being told by the Devs that they will look into it, this was in late February/march.

The merging test with PVE 3 EU to PVE 1 US was completed, was it a success or did u loose half the population of the PVE 3 ?

Just some update on what the devs decision is going to be after 3-4 months, that is what i like to know if i still need to sit around and wait for my assets to be transferred over or its not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

I want to play where my ping is less than 20 ms, which is PvP2, and I want to play where we do not have such a toxic community, which is PvP2.  

There is still plenty of action between the British, Pirates, and United States on PvP2, and we still manage to get full port battles regularly when they happen, so why would I leave?  So I can get stuck in a 10v1 and lose my ship to gankers on PvP1?  I do not enjoy that type of game play.  All the ganker whiners complained about battle timers being too long, and now you got your toxic lopsided closed battles (after 2 minutes of course) so you can take all the new players ships in your little 5-10 v 1s.  Now you wonder why your server pop is in decline.  PvP2 is way less toxic of a community, and I rather stay there then join PvP1.  

We even work together to try and organize battles to have fun on PvP2.  

Edited by Ultravis
  • Like 2

I want to play where my ping is less than 20 ms, which is PvP2, and I want to play where we do not have such a toxic community, which is PvP2.  

There is still plenty of action between the British, Pirates, and United States on PvP2, and we still manage to get full port battles regularly when they happen, so why would I leave?  So I can get stuck in a 10v1 and lose my ship to gankers on PvP1?  I do not enjoy that type of game play.  All the ganker whiners complained about battle timers being too long, and now you got your toxic lopsided closed battles (after 2 minutes of course) so you can take all the new players ships in your little 5-10 v 1s.  Now you wonder why your server pop is in decline.  PvP2 is way less toxic of a community, and I rather stay there then join PvP1.  

We even work together to try and organize battles to have fun on PvP2.  

when i was playing on pvp2 with a ping of 90-120 as I am European I had no lag spikes or fps lag or other issues in port or other battles. And i guess u weren't around before the massive move from pvp2 to pvp1 happened, the tension between the different groups that weren't getting along was also highly toxic ingame and on the forums (example: closing of the National News cuz PvP 2 was to toxic)  and this was with all the bugs/exploits still in the game that u could exploit that are now somewhat fixed

of course it is going to be less toxic of a community when your community is at 200 people max and not 1000 max as on pvp 1

there will be always people that are not going to be happy with the decisions from the devs, but they have to decide and tell us what they going to do not let us in limbo for 3-4 months

Organizing battles ? dude u shouldn't be organizing anything with different factions, just attack em and if they cant defend so be it, roll over them, give them a couple ports back when u done rolling so u don't kill their eco off but now with the smuggler feature u can get resources anyway

All i want is a response from the Devs of what they going to do... merge or not merge, or transfer assets or not ...

Edited by SoulPYTHON

when i was playing on pvp2 with a ping of 90-120 as I am European I had no lag spikes or fps lag or other issues in port or other battles. And i guess u weren't around before the massive move from pvp2 to pvp1 happened, the tension between the different groups that weren't getting along was also highly toxic ingame and on the forums (example: closing of the National News cuz PvP 2 was to toxic) and this was with all the bugs/exploits still in the game that u could exploit that are now somewhat fixed

of course it is going to be less toxic of a community when your community is at 200 people max and not 1000 max as on pvp 1

there will be always people that are not going to be happy with the decisions from the devs, but they have to decide and tell us what they going to do not let us in limbo for 3-4 months

Organizing battles ? dude u shouldn't be organizing anything with different factions, just attack em and if they cant defend so be it, roll over them, give them a couple ports back when u done rolling so u don't kill their eco off but now with the smuggler feature u can get resources anyway

All i want is a response from the Devs of what they going to do... merge or not merge, or transfer assets or not ...

You are on pvp1. You are euro and live near euro server. Why the heck are you here telling us where WE want to play ? I really wish you pvp1 guys who have it so great would just get out of our business.

I dont know about the rest of the pvp2 guys but im sure sick of you guys begging us and telling how sweet you have it and how wrong we are for liking our server. BTW your cherry picked time on servers is one thing but every time ive logged in for past 2 weeks both servers say LOW population when i get home so i dont see a reason you think youre better.

Again WHY do you care ? Go away.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

Current players:

Funny numbers there, as I was on from 6pm til 3am EST and the population went from 60 at 6pm to 130 from about 8pm til midnight and then dwindled down. If everyone moving to PvP1 would increase the population there, then way is the population still dwindling after the mass migration a couple weeks ago? And why have we on PvP2 been experiencing a population boom from PvP1 players (who come over claiming to be brand new to the game)?

You are on pvp1. You are euro and live near euro server. Why the heck are you here telling us where WE want to play ? I really wish you pvp1 guys who have it so great would just get out of our business.

I dont know about the rest of the pvp2 guys but im sure sick of you guys begging us and telling how sweet you have it and how wrong we are for liking our server. BTW your cherry picked time on servers is one thing but every time ive logged in for past 2 weeks both servers say LOW population when i get home so i dont see a reason you think youre better.

Again WHY do you care ? Go away.

think u misunderstood or read it wrong: let me indulge u and type it out a bit more friendly towards u

I started playing this game on PvP 2 US in Sweden with a couple of friends that were mainly US and Aussie based, some stuff happened, switched over to France in PVP2 then the Massive move from PvP2 to PvP1 happened, mostly the brits and PVP2 went down the hill, as we didn't want to own every single port the brits had and as we all know that undefended port battles are just not fun at all there was some stuff on the forums of a possible merge of servers to invigorate the player base, the devs were going to decide what to do and they said they were going to test it out with PVE 3 merger to see if it all worked out on how to do it, apparently it worked fine but now, I and a few others (france/swedish player base) that are currently in limbo waiting for the devs to make up their mind on what to do.

Hope its a little clearer now for u MrDoomed and please dont take it personally

Also people I just want an answer from the Devs, if they going to go ahead with the 3-4 month old plan or not. So we that are in limbo can either quit entirely or start over 

Edited by SoulPYTHON

think u misunderstood or read it wrong: let me indulge u and type it out a bit more friendly towards u

I started playing this game on PvP 2 US in Sweden with a couple of friends that were mainly US and Aussie based, some stuff happened, switched over to France in PVP2 then the Massive move from PvP2 to PvP1 happened, mostly the brits and PVP2 went down the hill, as we didn't want to own every single port the brits had and as we all know that undefended port battles are just not fun at all there was some stuff on the forums of a possible merge of servers to invigorate the player base, the devs were going to decide what to do and they said they were going to test it out with PVE 3 merger to see if it all worked out on how to do it, apparently it worked fine but now, I and a few others (france/swedish player base) that are currently in limbo waiting for the devs to make up their mind on what to do.

Hope its a little clearer now for u MrDoomed and please dont take it personally

Also people I just want an answer from the Devs, if they going to go ahead with the 3-4 month old plan or not. So we that are in limbo can either quit entirely or start over

Im not ,and i dont believe the others are either, taking it personally but you guys AND admin needs to see it from our pov.

Ive been on pvp2 since it started and have seen the big and small clans leave for pvp1 as well BUT alot of these players have left because of rumors or hints from admin and mods that our server is gonna close. Thats pretty insulting to keep implying our server is weak or deserves to close etc when during US prime time our population is low just like pvp1s and if all those players lured off by rumors or poachers comming in and offering prizes to leave then there is no doubt that during US prime time pvp2 would be the bigger server.

One of our biggest complaints that are ignored is that in a merger not only will the larger European population dictate everything that happens while we sleep or work but the ping is bad. Yes some people dont have issues but when we tried pvp1 we lose every single pvp boarding fight because of ping. Just last night 2 more people came back to pvp2 because they said they keep getting boarded and lose because ping.

As a the pvp1 players can see we are happy with our server and dont see why people keep trolling our post with " just give up and join pvp1" talk.

Agsin its not personal we just like our server like you like yours.

Cheers.

• Like 1