Game-Labs Forum

PRELIMINARY TREATY OF THE ANTILLES, COMMERCE AND FREE NAVIGATION, valid as soon as the four nations sign

Tenakha Kan

The french community is not here to gank the swedes, we had a good war, a gentlemen war with good port battles, good pvp, there is no hard feeling left against the swedes. Give it time you'll see.

Again why did you demand that "strategical" port then? (I don´t think I will ever get a reasonable answer to this question from you guys)

There is a lot of hard feelings left on both sides as you can see here.

@

Æthlstan

Plenty of gank squads? Seriously man...

And you nicely circumvented/left out the interesting part of the second argument/question you quoted.

You guys complain about being constantly ganked in your homewaters (which isn´t possible because of the low playerbase but well within the boundaries of the treaty we had back then) and state this is the main reason for your hate against the swedes, and then demand a so called strategical port in our home waters and feel totally comfortable with that? And don´t even start that "swedes did constantly hunt traders" which is highly overexagerated and it happened on all sides! And what you hope to not happen doesn´t matter. Only what is part of that treaty actually matters...this port has no use at all for you except being a gank spot, you don´t need it to buy flags since Deshaies and Aves are well within range of danish homewaters.

Seems like the danish aren´t too happy with that treaty either...

Last time Sweden was given 7 ports, now they get 4 more..

I remember the SWED backstabbing DK-NO and in a pathetic way blameing DK-NO for the outbreak... Now they get what they wanted? wtf.. 

Its a very sad diplomatic arrangement for DK-NO, they gain nothing from this. 

Yea the mighty swedes backstabbed the poor danes...and of course totally unprovoked...those pesky swedes should have kept silent and be glad that they were allowed to play the game by their neighbours....

If you are too blind to see what Danes gain from this treaty then I feel sorry for you. They didn´t gain a single port from this because they have all the ports they will ever need at the current state of the game. But they gained the freedom to concentrate purely on their westfront with their ally...

This treaty is hard for all the nation in. Many in all nation would have loved to continue the fights for differents goal.

Some would have love to prove theirself they can beat their opponent, some want a revenge, some are hating their opponents and some just want to fight near their ports.

Finally, what people need is time. Just time to close this book and open a new one

• Like 2

Again why did you demand that "strategical" port then? (I don´t think I will ever get a reasonable answer to this question from you guys)

There is a lot of hard feelings left on both sides as you can see here.

Very simple we agreed to give the ports you needed for ressources: Rosaly and Camp du Roy, Rosaly is at the heart of our territory so as a sign of good faith we asked for a similar port at the heart of your territory. Its called strategical in the treaty simply because its not for economics purpose...

As for the no pvp zone, we wanted it to be the all sanctuary. This was refused by the 3 other nations, so don't ask us why there is a pvp zone, ask everyone else!

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Nope, I remember this time correct. Few weeks when brits make that ports available for their allies. It was danemark territory much longer before and after. Both Provincien and Swerige have no right for it. Same way Danemark and France offers Swerige and Provincien peace on your territory, you both should make equal move - respect our territory on west. Untill then, we will not support agreement and safety on your waters. No more #Faildiplomacy for Danemark.

If you want support brits or fight pirates, do it not with cost of our land. Red jackets will share their ports with you I believe on jamaica or anywhere else. Danemark - not.

Then Spain has the right for half the map. Also iirc im Danish.

• Like 1

Why should Sweden agree to or want this peace? Only because of the reason that France then could attack Britain the Allies of Sweden?

Makes no sense to me this treaty.

Edited by Guest

Do you prefer being crushed to one port?

Being at war with 2 nations surrounding your capital isn't a great idea, especially when you don't even have the capacity to produce all the ressources needed to craft ships.

funny, 10 days ago danes had less resources than sverige with 20 ports vs 13 never heard of that... it's more difficult? yes... 

if those are right ofc...

13/06/2016

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9487-pvp1-territorial-changes-updated-monthly/?p=271384

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JvVlxyRFmVuagKk0ZUbI8xBcI2Bvo0SL5SJoa4nd5hc/pubchart?oid=1964830546&format=interactive

20/06/2016

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9487-pvp1-territorial-changes-updated-monthly/?p=273640

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JvVlxyRFmVuagKk0ZUbI8xBcI2Bvo0SL5SJoa4nd5hc/pubchart?oid=1369320954&format=interactive

anyway what's the problem of being crushed in a wargame? 

Yea the mighty swedes backstabbed the poor danes...and of course totally unprovoked...those pesky swedes should have kept silent and be glad that they were allowed to play the game by their neighbours....

If you are too blind to see what Danes gain from this treaty then I feel sorry for you. They didn´t gain a single port from this because they have all the ports they will ever need at the current state of the game. But they gained the freedom to concentrate purely on their westfront with their ally...

That is not what Im saying, im saying we already gave you ports back in good faith. You repaid the favor by allying with the brits attacking DK-NO..

What is KF's homepage? I want to see the announcement you made back then to prove a point.

So Sweden was bought off with 2 ports, making it possible for DK-NO to focus the British in the west? Aren't you allied with the British anymore? 

This is my opinion, I respect the treaty ofc - although Im sure the Swedes will do the same thing again and again, so we might as well be in war - instead u are given 2 ports DK-NO "don't need"..

EDIT: Before you attacked us, we were able to focus the west. This is just status quo with two lesser ports = failed solution in my opinion.

Edited by E.P. Juel

Sweden was never allied with brits, there is and was never a real alliance it was and is a friendly relationship. They were fighting the pirates too and helped us when we were down to 1 port by giving us exile ports. And we never attacked you with the brits or helped them attacking you as far as I know. When we took Road Town from pirates we got help from dutchs and the brits showed up too but they weren´t ask to help and later after you guys declared war they were busy fighting elsewhere.

As far as I know the two ports were meant to be given back to us anyways (according to what I was told).

About the KF site you have to ask someone else since I really don´t know the link, but I think someone else will post it here. But I think I know the "announcement" you are referring to. ;)

Regarding "Im sure the Swedes will do the same thing again and again, so we might as well be in war": 

What would you do if you were in our position, being blocked to the west and "east" with no possibility to enlarge the territory ever without having to fight against two Nations + their friends?

Do you really think our nations only deserves that amount of ports while our neighbours have 20+ ports? And then we are supposed to give away a port in the middle of our homewater to the frenchs that has no value for them for getting ports that provides us with necessary resources?

If we would get all ports north of terre-de-bas and camp du roy it would not hurt them at all they would still have enough ports to provide them with all necessary resources. And we would have room to live and breath and could feel as respected neighbour.

This treaty only belittles us and is disrespectful in my opinion, we showed what we are able to do and should have earned some respect from our neighbours since we fought allways fair and proved that we can stand our ground, after the new port battle system went live!! 

All our neighbours have at least double the amount of ports as we do and don´t really need all of them and act as if it is a big deal for them to give 2 ports away and the french even ask for St.Johns in return?

Is that attitude really a good base to form a friendship on?

Edited by Bommel
  • Like 2

https://sverige.ninja/ for the KF site ... i think this is still the site ... (not KF Member)

Btw. Why Rosaly the Harbour in the middle of your homeland (like one complained)? if i remember right there are silver ports more north?

And the Gankport and PVE Zone is also stupid. A dont attack Trader or lower then Captain Area would have been better ...

Edited by Lonar

https://sverige.ninja/ for the KF site ... i think this is still the site ... (not KF Member)

Btw. Why Rosaly the Harbour in the middle of your homeland (like one complained)? if i remember right there are silver ports more north?

And the Gankport and PVE Zone is also stupid. A dont attack Trader or lower then Captain Area would have been better ...

No Rosaly and Roseau are the nearest silver ports. ;)

PS: I wouldn´t call that in the middle of their homewaters, just take a look how much "room" they have. It´s more like in the middle of there northern waters (upper 1/3).

Edited by Bommel

No idea if the treaty is fair (and will hold uneducated opinions) but great bit of player created content. I can't imagine any diplomacy patch delivering this sort of super complex agreement.

Interesting to see how well this will hold with all sorts of complex and odd rules.

Welcome Frenchies to Haiti...perhaps the Swedes and Dutch can find a foot-hold to PvP against Spain and Pirates....and the Danes/French can go play with the lovely Brits.

:)

• Like 4

Sweden was never allied with brits, there is and was never a real alliance it was and is a friendly relationship. They were fighting the pirates too and helped us when we were down to 1 port by giving us exile ports. And we never attacked you with the brits or helped them attacking you as far as I know. When we took Road Town from pirates we got help from dutchs and the brits showed up too but they weren´t ask to help and later after you guys declared war they were busy fighting elsewhere.

As far as I know the two ports were meant to be given back to us anyways (according to what I was told).

About the KF site you have to ask someone else since I really don´t know the link, but I think someone else will post it here. But I think I know the "announcement" you are referring to. ;)

Regarding "Im sure the Swedes will do the same thing again and again, so we might as well be in war": 

What would you do if you were in our position, being blocked to the west and "east" with no possibility to enlarge the territory ever without having to fight against two Nations + their friends?

Do you really think our nations only deserves that amount of ports while our neighbours have 20+ ports? And then we are supposed to give away a port in the middle of our homewater to the frenchs that has no value for them for getting ports that provides us with necessary resources?

If we would get all ports north of terre-de-bas and camp du roy it would not hurt them at all they would still have enough ports to provide them with all necessary resources. And we would have room to live and breath and could feel as respected neighbour.

This treaty only belittles us and is disrespectful in my opinion, we showed what we are able to do and should have earned some respect from our neighbours since we fought allways fair and proved that we can stand our ground, after the new port battle system went live!! 

All our neighbours have at least double the amount of ports as we do and don´t really need all of them and act as if it is a big deal for them to give 2 ports away and the french even ask for St.Johns in return?

Is that attitude really a good base to form a friendship on?

Oh, so you just accidentally x'ed up with the brits in the nation chat while 50 brits magically turned up next to our capital, intercepting the flag we had on it's way to road town, owned by the pirates. Or was it swedes who intercepted? 

Then your own flag could reach road town and you really expected to keep the port?

You know we have production in that port and I dont believe the swedes are ignorant to believe that we would not want it back - you wanted this war, you created it!

Later you attacked ports at the same time as british attacked ports in the west, we chose to def against you guys. Then lots of British players reroll to sweden and you were given excile ports - really "friendly" I must say.. :) Can't help but laugh a little here.

Yeah the dutch were fighting against our allies in the south and the British against the pirates and some of our clans in the west.. You were attacking the northern french ports while the french was busy with the dutch.

Sweden has the ress it needs according to the link further up in this thread, you can always get more ports from the brits in panama.

"The Danes will keep Fort Baai and Marigot." according to first treaty.. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11350-sucessful-talks-between-danish-norway-and-sweden/page-1?hl=sverige

From KF "Unfortunately, to protect our homeland from further attacks, Sweden is now in a similar way forced to take proactive steps. We have no choise but to, temporary, recapture Marigot and Fort Baai."  https://sverige.ninja/threads/public-announcement-swedish-danish-nk-relations.172/ 

You did capture the ports temporary, hiding your true intentions, we took them back and now they are given to you in good faith. What good faith have you ever shown us? 

(Thanks for the link BTW)

To answer your final question; I don't want to build a friendly relationship with swedes - you are allied with my enemy and said enemy also sails under your flag. Im sorry, but I simply can't imagine this working. You gained something from this war, DK-NO did not. Simple as that. 

-The brits showed up after we allready intercepted the flag...and it wasn´t a secret that we would attack road town to take it from the pirates to defend our homewater and the window was visible even for the brits...

-how can we know if you guys have production in this port or not and it doesn´t matter if you had, you gave that port to the pirates (our enemies) so they could attack our homewaters, we had to react and not wait if we could actually believe you after you gave the port away

Then your own flag could reach road town and you really expected to keep the port?

-your flag leader had no clan and joined RUS clan the day after 

-we didn´t wanna keep that port we simply didn´t want to give it back right after we captured it since we couldn´t trust you guys at this very moment, half of your nation was pro pirates and anti swede adn the rest didn´t want the pirates to have that port, So you expect us to give it back immediately without having diplomatic talk first to find out what your stance is towards us?   

Let me quote you:

Can't help but laugh a little here.

;)

Later you attacked ports at the same time as british attacked ports in the west, we chose to def against you guys. Then lots of British players reroll to sweden and you were given excile ports - really "friendly" I must say..  :) Can't help but laugh a little here.

-we attacked the ports in the timer window you guys created/set, wanna blame us for that lol? And we even announced it publicaly before attacking, maybe that´s why brits thought it is the best time to attack your western front?

-and frenchs backstabbed us (there was a deal that they wouldn´t interfere in this war which they broke) and took our southern ports while we were busy fighting you guys and they didn´t even declare war at that time, they did it after they backstabbed us.

And you blame us for attacking the french while they were fighting the dutch and their timers were open? really?

-Lots of british player rerolled to us? Wtf are you talking about?

-we were given those exile ports when you guys (with the help of the backstabbing frenchs) captured allmost all of our ports...so we could continue to produce ships and keep playing...and that is a friendly act

To answer your final question; I don't want to build a friendly relationship with swedes - you are allied with my enemy and said enemy also sails under your flag. Im sorry, but I simply can't imagine this working. You gained something from this war, DK-NO did not. Simple as that. 

Still not allied...and we didn´t gain anything actually we lost something....

Never said you personaly wanted to build a friendly relationship, but the rest of the gang posting here claims that this could be the start of it...which is a lot of diplomatic bla bla bla in my opinion.

PS: There is also one or two of your "friends(I should say allies according to your definition)" sailing under swedish flag, but I guess that doesn´t matter, since it doesn´t fit in this argument. ;)

Edited by Bommel
  • Like 1

Why is there always that crying about being crushed to one port?

I won't cry if you get crushed...

anyway what's the problem of being crushed in a wargame? 

Nothing too bad, you know, population leaving the nation, not being able to craft your own ressources, no "safe" zone for beginners... If you want that, just tell us, we can help. ;)