Game-Labs Forum

PRELIMINARY TREATY OF THE ANTILLES, COMMERCE AND FREE NAVIGATION, valid as soon as the four nations sign

Tenakha Kan

To hunt you Otto, instead of being occupied all evening sitting in a port waiting to teleport to an area where a flag was crafted against ones nation in the event an enemy fleet actually might turn up. ;-)

PVP doesn´t automatically mean PBs. ;)

• Like 1

PVP doesn´t automatically mean PBs. ;)

I know, but having this treaty makes it more reassuring to shift our focus more into that direction of open world PvP. It will probably be a welcome change of pace for many captains in all of our communities, even for the ones that don't agree with it. ;-)

Edited by Lytse Pier

disclaimer : What is written below is 100% my personal ideas and has no bearing on whatever nation or clan i belong to.

I would have much preferred a treaty where each signing nation gets a RVR-safezone in a radius around their capital (say 2-3 ports in every direction) and still allow open world pvp everywhere.

This treaty kills any reason to play for pvp-minded folk and will just make even more players quit. Saying we can all move 3 hours sailing away and roam out of massively overcrowded ports is just stupid and unworkable.

Are we all now supposed to turn into missionrunners and accept this as the new 'normal'?

From talking to people across nations i know there is a decent amount of players across all 4 nations who find this treaty rather absurd and who would prefer to play how this server was intended...PVP, aka actively search out and shoot at other players. Be that in traders ,missions or against fellow hunters you run into. Sink and be sunk! 

Guess it's time to move into spanish waters for as long as this treaty lasts...

Edited by Stalwart
  • Like 2

True its much easier to destroy than to build, take a glass for exemple, drop it, it breaks, its easy, its noisy, its fun, but you're left with what? useless shards....

So frenchies port to St. John and PvP in swede waters but swedes aren't allowed to PvP in french waters. Seems a bit one sided to me.

After all we're on a PvP server for a reason. Why don't the frenchies hop on the PvE server then?

Also this treaty is an act of treason towards the brits, who helped sweden during the war.

Edited by buttski

True its much easier to destroy than to build, take a glass for exemple, drop it, it breaks, its easy, its noisy, its fun, but you're left with what? useless shards....

Destroy something such as this onesided treaty, that should never exist isn´t a bad thing. Your demands are disrespectfull towards us!

And why "our" council even considered to sign that treaty is beyond me.

• Like 1

I was kiddin around. I totaly DONT like to hand over St. Johns. Personaly I think that is a terrible decision. Especally because I will never trust the French again. [GER] will not forget that betrayl and sweden either. 

Well gee, is france not allowed to feel betrayed? Before the war I couldnt move in french waters without having to run from a swedish gank squad. Thats a big part in why the war started. The war is over. Both sides pissed each other off. Both sides have now kissed and made up. 

I wanna go explore other places not fight over the same territory again.

• Like 1

As for the concerns about 0 PvP, each nation has new enemies it wants to fight. A significant portion of each nation stopped playing during the course of this war because it was pointless and they wanted to go and fight different enemies

This treaty fixes that

As part of the treaty there is a no PvP zone. French can't PvP in Dutch waters, no one can PvP in French waters. Not sure why the swedes and danes didnt ask for similar protection, but in either case, I am pretty sure why this zone was created.

What has been happening before and during this war is unhealthy PvP. Gank squads on all sides who work around the anti ganking timers and figure out how to gank anyways. They dont go out "looking for PvP" they go out to play farmville, where lone ships are their food. If they get an equal fight, they run. If they have a slight advantage, thats not good enough, so they still run. These players do not want PvP, they want easy exceptionals. This isn't healthy PvP,  because it isnt even PvP. It discourages people from doing anything, which discourages people from playing the game.

Healthy PvP is done in the spirit of competition Each side is looking for a challenging engagement where each team can have fun and want to come back for more. Regardless of how you think people SHOULD feel, there are a lot of new and veteran players who are completely turned off by the level of immaturity and poor sportsmanship exhibited by players on all sides. This is a significant cause of player loss, as you can see by reading the steam reviews. Specific places for PvP have been declared where hopefully each side can go in search of enjoyable competition. Whether or not they are the right cities is obviously a point of debate, but they are a bit out of  the way of major traffic lanes which means that whoever is in those areas actually want PvP and will provide a good fight.

• Like 4

This treaty is player created content in the sand box. Well done to all those players involved!

Now it's up to the rest of us players to respond to this content with their own. Some will play along, some will go rogue, rebel and other nations may see it as an RvR threat. So there will be more player made content built around this treaty. That is how the sand box is supposed to work. If you don't like this treaty we don't cry for the game masters to fix it. We man up, build up, set out spies and admirals to change it ourselves. If we like the treaty we prepare ourselves to defend it. It is good to see the sand box finally starting to form.

During this time period in real life there were two France loyalties. Those loyal to the Republic and those loyal to the Imperialists. Have in game factions of France with different views is not only possible it's real life accurate. So those of you pro-treaty should come up with a name for yourselves or just declare YOU are the true French. Those opposed should create a name for yourselves or maybe even a special clan so other nations opposed can identify and support you. The stage is set. Go with it!

Edited by Bach
  • Like 2

What has been happening before and during this war is unhealthy PvP. Gank squads on all sides who work around the anti ganking timers and figure out how to gank anyways. They dont go out "looking for PvP" they go out to play farmville, where lone ships are their food. If they get an equal fight, they run. If they have a slight advantage, thats not good enough, so they still run. These players do not want PvP, they want easy exceptionals. This isn't healthy PvP,  because it isnt even PvP. It discourages people from doing anything, which discourages people from playing the game.

This indeed.

• Like 2

D-N also loose 4 ports, gaining nothing. I wonder, why we looks like loosers with our second agreement same as it was with first one. Seriously.

Because now we can focus on other things than facing the same players over and over again.

• Like 1

Sweden get same? Then why they only get ports from us? Diplomacy shouldn't work in one way. Our clan was in work to build agreement. At the end our position was just ignored. We giving lands gaining 0. They feel like they have right for pushing us from Hispaniola, but we will be pinned by treaty from capping any their land east. WTF?

From the looks of it you will have French assistance pushing west. Perhaps you need to consider fighting pirates as well.

France, Svierge, the Dutch, and Denmark/Norway should have learned through this recent war that 2 fronts are not fun. Now, there is only 1 front for each nation. 

Well gee, is france not allowed to feel betrayed? Before the war I couldnt move in french waters without having to run from a swedish gank squad. Thats a big part in why the war started. The war is over. Both sides pissed each other off. Both sides have now kissed and made up. 

I wanna go explore other places not fight over the same territory again.

Betrayed by swedes because of open pvp in their waters according to the treaties? We didn´t even have enough players to constantly "gank" your players in your homewaters as you claim!

I see Sweden get 2 ports France 1

Dutch get back 5 ports and France nothing.

I think it's a generous treaty on the French part.

Look at the map and count how many ports you still have and how many we have. And we have to give you a "strategical" port in the middle of our homewaters while you are allowed to pvp there? To start so called gank squads from there, which should be acceptable for us but you claim exactly this behaviour to be the reason for the war and "hate" against us? 

We lost St Johns, St. George and Basse-Terre and get Camp du Roy and Rosaly so we are 1 down.

Marigot and Fort Baai are supposed to be ours anyway (by the same defintion the other nations use for their claimed territories).

D-N also loose 4 ports, gaining nothing. I wonder, why we looks like loosers with our second agreement same as it was with first one. Seriously.

You don´t lose 4 ports, you give 2 ports back to sweden and have the abillity to enlarge your territory to the west which we can´t!!

Sweden get same? Then why they only get ports from us? Diplomacy shouldn't work in one way. Our clan was in work to build agreement. At the end our position was just ignored. We giving lands gaining 0. They feel like they have right for pushing us from Hispaniola, but we will be pinned by treaty from capping any their land east. WTF?

^see above, you are free to claim all the ports right next to your homewaters to the west. Fort Baai and Marigot were supposed to be given back to us anyway. You have nothing to complain about, since you are able to enlarge your territory without creating additional borders, we and the french won´t be able to take ports next to our homewaters!

The french and danes feel like they lost ports? How many ports did the Dutch and the Swedes lose at the hard-to-reach pirate borders because their buddies decided to help them out?

Either facilitate that to allow access again or watch this treaty burn for lack of other opponents - and this isnt nearly the same as the incessant whinging there's been over a few minutes of extra travel time to reach brit waters.

A union would still have been the best way forward, but if you think peace and non-PvP will 'foster friendliness', forget it - you're judged by your behaviour in the war, which burnt that bridge.

Heard a brilliant rumour, guys. Ppl said, some dane buddy on his cheruvime just capped shiny swerige victory from some HRE dude. Peace will be revised or we should continue?

Open world PVP is still allowed in swedish and danish waters, unless I have been reading the treaty wrong...

The no-pvp waters were just those of Vp and Fr, Sverige and D-N just don't do PB or attacking non-smuggler traders.

(Again, just the messenger)

• Like 1

Betrayed by swedes because of open pvp in their waters according to the treaties? We didn´t even have enough players to constantly "gank" your players in your homewaters as you claim!

I traded extensively before the war, and I saw plenty of swedish squads down there that refused to fight equal numbers. They were only there to hunt single ships. 

Look at the map and count how many ports you still have and how many we have. And we have to give you a "strategical" port in the middle of our homewaters while you are allowed to pvp there? To start so called gank squads from there, which should be acceptable for us but you claim exactly this behaviour to be the reason for the war and "hate" against us? 

Hopefully the French wont gank out of St Johns. I do not like that kind of behavior. From what I understand, only smugglers are valid targets anyways. 

As for expansion, you can head back to british territory and help them in their war, just like the french can move to danish territory and help them in theirs.

• Like 1

The french and danes feel like they lost ports? How many ports did the Dutch and the Swedes lose at the hard-to-reach pirate borders because their buddies decided to help them out?

Either facilitate that to allow access again or watch this treaty burn for lack of other opponents - and this isnt nearly the same as the incessant whinging there's been over a few minutes of extra travel time to reach brit waters.

A union would still have been the best way forward, but if you think peace and non-PvP will 'foster friendliness', forget it - you're judged by your behaviour in the war, which burnt that bridge.

If we are pointing fingers here, you aint exactly white as snow yourselves. The dutch fought one of the dirtiest, most toxic wars I have EVER seen in my time playing this game. It changed the war from something enjoyable to something that made me not want to play. I stopped sailing around, sailing only as much as was necessary to stay stocked on crafting materials. 

Gank squads up the wazoo from Day 1. Seemingly planned exploitation of broken game mechanics that resulted in the dutch taking almost all of the south unopposed, because the timers were broken. Then the dutch wonder why the french are pissed off and refuse to accept a peace, even when they were beaten. Its because they weren't beaten. The Dutch just decided to avoid fighting. 

People on both sides played dirty. PEOPLE LEFT THE DUTCH because their honor wouldn't let them stay. 

Seriously. Enough of  the trash. A peace has been made. 

Edited by Æthlstan

Open world PVP is still allowed in swedish and danish waters, unless I have been reading the treaty wrong...

The no-pvp waters were just those of Vp and Fr, Sverige and D-N just don't do PB or attacking non-smuggler traders.

(Again, just the messenger)

I still wonder why the danish and swedish didnt write in no PvP as well, if thats really the case. We are all sick of fighting each other, we need a break from playing against each other, we wanna go fight other people. 

• Like 1

If we are pointing fingers here, you aint exactly white as snow yourselves. The dutch fought one of the dirtiest, most toxic wars I have EVER seen in my time playing this game. It changed the war from something enjoyable to something that made me not want to play. I stopped sailing around, sailing only as much as was necessary to stay stocked on crafting materials. 

Gank squads up the wazoo from Day 1. Seemingly planned exploitation of broken game mechanics that resulted in the dutch taking almost all of the south unopposed, because the timers were broken. Then the dutch wonder why the french are pissed off and refuse to accept a peace, even when they were beaten. Its because they weren't beaten. The Dutch just decided to avoid fighting

People on both sides played dirty. PEOPLE LEFT THE DUTCH because their honor wouldn't let them stay.

As long we can read "content" like this, dutch and french will have a great future with each other I think.^^

Edited by praefect
  • Like 1

As long we can read "content" like this, dutch and french will have a great future with each other I think.^^

If one side of a war decides to whitewash themselves, I will correct them. Aegir sounds more swedish than dutch so perhaps I listed the crimes of the wrong nation. 

People are painting France as being this horrible nation full of evil people. That is simply not the case. While there are some people in France who play dirty, I do not think that is the norm for the entire faction, especially since in this war a lot of things BOTH SIDES did was because the other side did it first. This created a chain reaction and turned the whole thing into a toxic slugfest.

People are painting France as being this horrible nation full of evil people. That is simply not the case.

It is certainly not, not even an evil nation with horrible captains if anyone would suggest that. Reticence could be the wiser option in the discussion for many.