Game-Labs Forum

Question: rank required for Fleets?

Ahoy there,

not sure if this the right section for such a question, so Mods, please move me if it ain't.

My problem:

I started on PvP3 as a Frenchman, then turned back to be Spanish when moving onto PvP1.

When I was still playing French,  I was able to add AI ships to my fleet and sail with them, although I was of quite humble rank.

Now, as Capitán de Corbeta, I cannot add ships to my fleet: on the tab I see a message stating that I cannot form a fleet at my rank.

Can anyone tell me know if this intentional, or if I got bitten by a bug?

Kind regards,

Kapitänleutnant Lothar Lautenschläger, Bündische Marine

You can only ever hire a fleet when you are a new player.

The first two or three leven allow you to hire ships and once you advance upon these ranks the fleet option is disabled.

that was done because a lot of bad abuse happened when we could have huge fleets as a sole player.

a fleet system might be back in the future.

Content patch: June

• Crew hire
  • Fleets will be brought back with improvements <-- is this what I am thinking of?
  • Ship capture will be back for all vessels except for lineships
  • Fishing
  • Basic early implementation of officers
  • 7 day cool down on successful port captures
  • Provisions/New trading resources/Several new production buildings
  • Double shot/double charge 
  • Potential USA PVP 2 merge

Content patch: June

• Crew hire
  • Fleets will be brought back with improvements <-- is this what I am thinking of?
  • Ship capture will be back for all vessels except for lineships
  • Fishing
  • Basic early implementation of officers
  • 7 day cool down on successful port captures
  • Provisions/New trading resources/Several new production buildings
  • Double shot/double charge 
  • Potential USA PVP 2 merge

For a solo player I wouldn't mind having the fleets for help.  Some times it's hard to get a team together when you just want to grind.  I solo lower rank fleet/missions for that reason.  I don't even mind them keeping it to only cutters.  Cause I would more use it for my trader protection when making runs or low level fleet grinding.  The issue I have is that you rarely see any higher level ships out there solo unless they are just traders.   That and like the OP I went from playing on PvP1 to PvP2 and had to start my grind all over with a higher rank but only basic cutter, but I couldn't buy the fleet ships to help with that grind.  Wouldn't been to bad if my crafting BP's got shared too as than I could of made some decent ships early to help with that grind.