Game-Labs Forum

June content patch expected date

Approximate date of June content patch deployment is 28 June

There might be another hotfix next week regarding several minor issues (including flag exploits)

Notes

• Provisions wont be added to ship blueprints based on overwhelming feedback, instead they will act an important role in crew recovery.
  • 7 day port battle cool down is under review and might be changed as well.

• Like 23

Looking forward to the patch.

With a view to the port battles, I see the biggest problem for attention is that between decision to attack and port taken is very quick, so the community in the main will be offline and unaware so cannot take part. Adding a 7 day cool down after the fact will not reduce the en masse roll over tactics we are currently seeing.

Provisions in game I think are a good thing implemented in a reasonable role. Looking forward to the decision on them.

• Like 1

• 7 day port battle cool down.

I look forward to this. But it needs to be accompanied by a limit on how many flags can be bought by one nation against another nation in a day or within one defence timer. Or it will just let populous nations roll over less populous nations, take all their ports and the other nation can't take anything back for 7 days.

• Like 5

I look forward to this. But it needs to be accompanied by a limit on how many flags can be bought by one nation against another nation in a day or within one defence timer. Or it will just let populous nations roll over less populous nations, take all their ports and the other nation can't take anything back for 7 days.

Yup.. which is why I hope they just delay the port cool down timer until we get the War patch which by design will slow down conquests to 1 or 2 a day across the whole map

• Like 3

Exactly plus if they gank 24/7 and destroying/capping all their ships they won't be able to craft and replace the lost ships which cause they won't be able to attack any port after 7 days which means this nation is done and finished and the players will quitt for sure.

Only thing they could do would be not to play for 7 days and try to retake the lost ports. If they fail tjey are finished too.

I would also love to see that there are 4-5 uncapable ports for every nation so even if they loose they loose the rest of the ports they would still be able to craft ships.

• Like 1

Why is this necessary when we have the smuggler tag?

Sorry, off topic, but IMO (and nats may hate this) only pirates should be allowed smuggler tag as ports and losing ports should be important to nats. Having the smuggler tag gives less meaning to ports.

• Like 3

There might be another hotfix next week regarding several minor issues (including flag exploits)

Notes

• Provisions wont be added to ship blueprints based on overwhelming feedback, instead they will act an important role in crew recovery.

Looking forward to it.

I welcome a cool down on port battles as defending and attacking the same ports vs the same opponents gets tedious and it burns out people and gives little meaning as to why we took it in the first place if we will lose it the very next day. I think that however a 7 day cool down might be to long unless its regional capitals which should be hard to take and worth the efforts.

I also hope that during said cool down you cannot purchase flags from it until its open for recapture or otherwise smaller nations will be much more vulnerable to larger nations.

Also a restriction of the amount of flags you may purchase/mount vs any single nation needs to be implemented, especially if 1 smaller nation is fighting wars vs 2 or more nations. There has to be a balance so we dont lose players to due to losing interest in the game itself because we failed to balance it.

• Like 1

As long as the timers disappear, then the 7 day cooldown will be fine.  Making port attacks available 24/7 will make this game really open up.  Us North Americans are getting tired of all of the ports  being on European timers.

-Ski

....oh, and we need to get PVP2 merged!

• Like 2

As long as the timers disappear, then the 7 day cooldown will be fine. Making port attacks available 24/7 will make this game really open up. Us North Americans are getting tired of all of the ports being on European timers.

-Ski

....oh, and we need to get PVP2 merged!

The 50 north Americans here on pvp2 wont keep the euro/russians from setting the pace of the game, there are not enough of us. The logical and smart thing would have been a way to ask all north and south american players to play on pvp2 so each server is dominated by the same time zone.

• Like 1

The 50 north Americans here on pvp2 wont keep the euro/russians from setting the pace of the game, there are not enough of us. The logical and smart thing would have been a way to ask all north and south american players to play on pvp2 so each server is dominated by the same time zone.

Well, you just confirmed why pvp2 needs to be merged.  Trying to find those 50 players on the map must be a daunting experience........ Come to the dark side and we in the King's Imperial Navy will be more than happy to help you get running!

-Ski

• Like 1

Notes

Awesome! Have a great weekend!

Notes

I think there are too many ports that can be attacked. Regional Capitals should be the target if you want to capture ports I think.

If you capture a regional capital, the region falls under control of the person who paid the fee for the flag. What I'm suggesting is have regional capitals be the only way to secure cities for other factions and leave raiding/sacking as a way to weaken the defenses of a regional capital. I imagine a regional capital as a well defended location and without prior preparation would be devastating to any attacking force. So ports would be captured in clusters not individually.

The strength of the capital depends on how many cities lie under its governance and the production power of its dominion. As production power is destroyed via raiding the capital is slowly drained of supplies/reinforcements/firepower resulting in better circumstances for an enemy to capture the port.

• Like 1

Sorry, off topic, but IMO (and nats may hate this) only pirates should be allowed smuggler tag as ports and losing ports should be important to nats. Having the smuggler tag gives less meaning to ports.

I dont think anyone should SEE the Smuggler flag... I mean it is silly that now from miles away you look at a ship and can say. yup he is a Smuggler.. WTH?. Activating the Smuggler flag should make you look like the nation you are planning to Smuggle in and out of.... as a fake name and no clan. With the chance to always flag your real colors with a click(so you don't get wrecked by actual friends.. but still needing to be in your capital or a free town to go into fake mode again

• Like 1

Smuggler was added to please the Nations and give them the same possibilities the pirates had when it comes to attack each other and tp ships in a blink to outposts without having the search a trader that were extremely rare to find around capitals and near by cities when there was a bit more population on-line, a simple way to calm the things when it comes to pirates huge advantages they had.

Soon the teleport of ships to outposts will be removed and this will not be needed anymore.

I'm not very found of the smuggler option as it is, first all pirates should be automatically flagged smugglers by default when they sail traders, and as long as you can get a basic cutter to exit a port once you entered with a trader with smuggler flag i am not very happy with this anyway.

It should be simple to make a unarmed cutter or lynx version and include it in game for 0 gold price like the basic cutters, and only this could be picked by a smuggler to exit a port, or a trader of course, being able to enter another Nation city as smuggler in a trader and exit it with a basic cutter having canons is a non sense to me, wondering where you do respawn if you have an outpost and get sunk with your basic cutter tho but this should not be possible at all.

Also need to add a large supply of NPC basic traders to all NPC shops to get availability of those too as some cities don't even get one for sell.

Remove smuggler for Nationals, turn pirates automatically into smugglers when they are in traders, and maybe once diplomacy is implemented allow Nationals to buy some kind of license to be able to trade with other allied Nations, a kind of tax you pay in form of a license to be able to enter one allied Nation ports with traders and traders only and remove the possibility to get a basic cutter once there, instead make an unarmed cutter that will be the only choice if the player have 0 gold to buy a trader ship.

• Like 1

Smuggler was added to please the Nations and give them the same possibilities the pirates had when it comes to attack each other and tp ships in a blink to outposts without having the search a trader that were extremely rare to find around capitals and near by cities when there was a bit more population on-line, a simple way to calm the things when it comes to pirates huge advantages they had.

Soon the teleport of ships to outposts will be removed and this will not be needed anymore.

I'm not very found of the smuggler option as it is, first all pirates should be automatically flagged smugglers by default when they sail traders, and as long as you can get a basic cutter to exit a port once you entered with a trader with smuggler flag i am not very happy with this anyway.

It should be simple to make a unarmed cutter or lynx version and include it in game for 0 gold price like the basic cutters, and only this could be picked by a smuggler to exit a port, or a trader of course, being able to enter another Nation city as smuggler in a trader and exit it with a basic cutter having canons is a non sense to me, wondering where you do respawn if you have an outpost and get sunk with your basic cutter tho but this should not be possible at all.

Also need to add a large supply of NPC basic traders to all NPC shops to get availability of those too as some cities don't even get one for sell.

Remove smuggler for Nationals, turn pirates automatically into smugglers when they are in traders, and maybe once diplomacy is implemented allow Nationals to buy some kind of license to be able to trade with other allied Nations, a kind of tax you pay in form of a license to be able to enter one allied Nation ports with traders and traders only and remove the possibility to get a basic cutter once there, instead make an unarmed cutter that will be the only choice if the player have 0 gold to buy a trader ship.

I like the smuggler tag as a way for smaller nations to get access to materials in hostile ports, or as a way for players to commit economic warfare on other nations at the trading house as well as on the open sea. That being said, if it is no longer necessary with the war and peace update, I would happily see it go to remove the exploitability of dynamic position on OW when leaving battle instances.

^^^  Make it cost like 5X repair kit price, and have both kits be craft-able, so that a player can keep a few in his hold to transfer to his prize ship after a capture.  That gives the player the option (though expensive) to repair and crew his prize to sail back to port, as opposed to having two ships with 50% crew each hobble back.  Player choice, either spend the money or take the greater risk.  You could also add the feature of tying alongside a friendly ship to transfer crew/repair kit/provisions to a crippled ship, which is very historically accurate and adds an additional gameplay mechanic and options.

• Like 1

Notes

i really like the 7 day timer but i think that the timer should be set to the size of the nation. So that way the smaller the nation the longer the timer is for the larger nation to try and take it back. This will allow smaller nations to try and compete with larger nations that have more players and ports. Also the larger nation has shorter timers for being attacked that way they will not have as much time to attack other nations as they are defending the larger amount of territory and need to use more resources for that.