Game-Labs Forum
admin

Devlog: Forthcoming content patches plan

Not everyone shares your connection success to a server across the ocean.

It's a good bet that when it gets to crossing the ocean our stuff is probably traveling on the same lines by that point. Odds are the issues exist somewhere more local before that point. Might try asking your provider if there is a better way for you.

It's a good bet that when it gets to crossing the ocean our stuff is probably traveling on the same lines by that point. Odds are the issues exist somewhere more local before that point. Might try asking your provider if there is a better way for you.

The larger problem are people in Australia and the Pacific Rim.  Crossing two oceans causes a lot of latency.

• Like 1

Well firstly and most importantly thanks for being brave enough to post a roadmap...hurrah.

There are a lot of interesting things coming, I have personal views of course, I don't give a poop about fishing but am very excited about diplomacy etc.

I was hoping to see lots more 'clan' functionality and more on complex Port Battle mechanics, I shall for the time being pretend they are part of some of the other things.

Seems an aggressive timeline to aim for a September-ish 'release'.

Anyway...looking forward to lots of new changes and I hope you somehow manage to listen to the community and not knee-jerk to every suggestion !

We are now worried about wind strength after changing/improving damage model penetration improvements. There is a pretty good chance that someone might not like changes compared to what they like currently and it can affect reviews and sales. We only plant to improve (fix bugs) in accel/decel and code in lateen sails for xebecs starting from La Requinn and thats it. Wind strength changes can wait or might never get in.

Hi Admin,

This is extremely disappointing to me as it was the main thing I was looking forward to of any of the changes. The most fundamental. The most game changing. The most unique with the most possibility to allow different ships to be useful and variation of game play more that rock paper scissors. This would have made people think about the conditions they were sailing in and how their ship would need to react. To sail or not etc. To have a SOL catch a frigate in gale conditions would be magnificent and to have an SOL have trouble moving against a frigate in light wind conditions similarly encourage frigate play.

I understand that this would be a new concept for some players and they might not understand, leading to ignorantly bad reviews. If you are worried about it before release there is no way I can see it getting in after release as it would affect all and would also mean that a fundamental change like this after release would be seen as changing the product too much for some people that would demand money back.

Also is their any non-invasive system coming to make sure people take all ship types that will not include mucking around with historical ship data to change it constantly to try to achieve a role for every ship and balance for all the hundreds of ships that I hope will come? EDIT: Sorry that is the crew system I guess.

• Like 12

Another thing missing is a proper Boarding system that is not a rock paper scissors 2D mini game. A little animation at least.

• Like 1

May be an idea make sure the Xebec is not craftable and that it is rare and 1 dura? Otherwise like the renomee and rattle it may be all we see in the open world.

No problems connecting to any US server as I'm on a 50 meg connection as it should be.No problems on my end without a doubt. I've never gone out of my way to play on eu servers due to the inherent issues many , if not most have always had with the connection quality. Even if sporadic. This is nothing new or ground breaking here. i've been gaming since the early 90's in many different sandbox, mmo, and other types of games ,and that has improved very little if at all. Passing it off on any particular connection when crossing that distance is silly.

• Like 1

Interesting ideas, but it seems that the game is already too complicated for the instant gratification crowd, which it seems is the majority these days.  

Sounds interesting, 2 things I dont quite understand:

Will there be fleets consiting of better vessels for any rank to use?

What about capping AI SoL's? no more gold in return for them? or how will that work?

Other than that, nice to see you guys working on it and planning :)

line ships are SoLs.. I think they mean 4th rates and below you can cap and keep like before.. SoLs will likely say money only

My suggestion for the capturing of ships/... AI captured ships should NEVER be better then what you can buy on the Market.. otherwise the Economy is DEAD.. no one will by ships when they can buy one and go captured 12 more

May be an idea make sure the Xebec is not craftable and that it is rare and 1 dura? Otherwise like the renomee and rattle it may be all we see in the open world.

Lateen sails should have some special disadvantages when tacking.

• Like 1

Ooh I cant wait for the upcoming patches.  :D However, Devs, please dont rush them, take your time, polish them carefully. the release can wait!

• Like 1

Although nice to see trading encouraged was their some plan to fix the economy & inflation?  Where people may craft and sell ships for profit instead of  loosing-money with the intention of leveling to get high crewed ship that in the new port battle system are infrequently used. Sol where the biggest economic driver till the re worked port battle system

Is there a specific date monthly patches are applied? I've only been playing a bit over two weeks and thus don't know.

Thanks for sharing great chances imo.

Please reconsidder windspeed, this will complete the great sailing simm you have been working on.

Same as some others i would love to see shallow and deep waters in pb for obv reasons.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Love to see SoL's become useful again, rather than the current system where they can only be used in 25 ports. Waste of effort to craft them.

What about non-combat gameplay ?

Any incentives for long-distance voyages across the map ? 
No non-combat gameplay except fishing, trading and crafting ?
No Exploration for ressources ?
No more 100% PvE experience across the Caribbean, just a (empty ?) carebear zone to learn the ropes from which anybody would hurry and escape ?

But...no exploration role? There is a chance to implement exploration?

Too bad indeed that Pacific isn't used for Exploration

I can understand development focus on combat gameplay and PvE/PvP server merging, economically speaking

On the other hand, some expected features are great, such as fleets, AI improvements, crew or officer management

But well...

• Like 1

I remember exploration cards with rare bird species ... and so on ... so I guess it will be implemented but there's no exact plan when yet. Right, isn't it?

We are worried that some changes will not be liked by a few people so decided to stop improving the game in general... Really ? 

there are more pressing issues requiring attention. focusing on the wind strength might face same reaction as damage model improvements.

So if ship cap is back for traders, I'd like to see the ability to hide the loot from these ships on an island, will that happen at all?

• Like 1

there are more pressing issues requiring attention. focusing on the wind strength might face same reaction as damage model improvements.

I see no improvement in wind change and I do not see any gameplay relevant impact on SOLs. This can be delayed until finish, in my opinion.

I would please ask the developers would they kindly please keep PVP2 open as long as it is feasible to do so. I will not be playing this game if PVP2 is closed and everyone is forced into PVP1, I realise and understand that there are other australians happily playing on PVP1, and if pvp combat every single night is that important to them that they had to move servers, I am glad they made the right choice for them.

I do not want to deal with more than 400ms latency which I will be forced to do so if the server merges and the server location stays in europe. If there will be 1 server it should be based in the USA, to be fairest across the entire planet, this does give a small advantage to US players but I don't think that will stop europeans or australians, whereas other parts of the world suffer from extreme latency trying to get to europe and normally have to go through the USA to get there.

I also enjoy the community spirit that has been growing in PVP2 lately, the mood has been improved for the better almost week by week, and I see more and more action (yes even with diminishing numbers), even with 1/3rd of one of the big guilds in the british faction on the server leaving for PVP1. 

Clearly the best option in my opinion is to let those who want to take their toys to PVP1 to do so, and let those who want to take their toys to PVP2 to do so, but this is going to cost development time, hopefully not too much, and should be a 1 time move so people can't abuse it

• Like 4