Game-Labs Forum
admin

Devlog: Forthcoming content patches plan

Also on the pacific side. If it is pve only on the Same server as pvp won't that just encourage all traders to work over in the pve area?

As I mentioned, simply cutoff transfer of goods and ships from Pacific to Atlantic.  Captains must cross Isthmus on foot and take with them only their accrued experience.  Non-transfer of gold, mods and officers might need to be considered.

missing wind strengths.

I would like to see wind direction changes in the open world slowed down to allow tacking as well. Currently its very hard to tack right.

also are we still getting a character wipe of everything but xp when diplomacy comes in?

We are now worried about wind strength after changing/improving damage model penetration improvements. There is a pretty good chance that someone might not like changes compared to what they like currently and it can affect reviews and sales. We only plant to improve (fix bugs) in accel/decel and code in lateen sails for xebecs starting from La Requinn and thats it. Wind strength changes can wait or might never get in.

• Like 1

Too bad

players like you always elaborated why?

why? 

• Like 1

Also on the pacific side. If it is pve only on the Same server as pvp won't that just encourage all traders to work over in the pve area?

I believe the comment also included that goods could not be transferred across Panama. This would isolate all but the captain going there and choosing to PVE. It also creates a new player safe zone of sorts.

Edited by Bach

Admin are you taken up to post stuff in the blog you have it is a good way to attract new and old players that is not reading in the forums but look ther to see what happends?

We are now worried about wind strength after changing/improving damage model penetration improvements. There is a pretty good chance that someone might not like changes to what they like currently and it can affect reviews and sales. We only plant to improve (fix bugs) in accel/decel and code in lateen sails for xebecs starting from La Requinn and thats it. Wind strength changes can wait or might never get in.

A combination of variable wind strength and shallows in battles could create a very interesting (and historic) balancing dynamic:

Light Winds - Small ships have peak performance.  Medium and Large can't reach peak performance.  Small ships can outmaneuver medium and large ships, and combined with shallows could gain very significant maneuver advantages.

Moderate Winds - Medium ships (frigates) have peak performance.  However, combination of shallows and better maneuverability still provides options and advantages to small ships, while Large ships have their current speed disadvantages relative to medium ships.

High Winds - Large ships (SoLs) have peak performance, but trade this for not being able to open lowest deck ports on lee (downwind) side when not sailing before or just off the wind.  Large ships (SoLs) can more easily catch Medium and Small ships, but closed leeside lowest deck gunports and superior maneuverability of small / medium ships provides a balance against their firepower.

The speed differences between wind states should not be huge.

• Like 7

We are now worried about wind strength after changing/improving damage model penetration improvements. There is a pretty good chance that someone might not like changes compared to what they like currently and it can affect reviews and sales. We only plant to improve (fix bugs) in accel/decel and code in lateen sails for xebecs starting from La Requinn and thats it. Wind strength changes can wait or might never get in.

We are worried that some changes will not be liked by a few people so decided to stop improving the game in general... Really ? 

• Like 2

Good Job Devs...as usual the game direction is mostly positive and we testers have new stuff to look forwards to. 

Providing suggestions and observations, while having fun helping to improve the game, is what it is all about at this point.  I for one, still enjoy just sailing around in the beautiful world that has been created. 

Paying attention to all the facets of game play is important and you do a fine job at trying to maintain the balance of priorities...Keep up the good work.

Can you say when the economy changes will fit into this agenda as a specific line item?

There are peripheral items, such as XP for trading, fishing, and extra buildings, but nothing that really talks about an economy overhaul.  What are plans for that piece?

• Like 1

Everything looks good to me except for completely lame re-introduction of ai fleets for players and crew management. If you are planning on making the Pacific the PVE only zone why don't you simply make hireable ai fleets only usable over there as well? Nothing was worse then back when every PvP fight had crap ass AI in it as well....I swear you bring that back and that's it for me. Crew management I will wait to see how it is implemented but have serious doubts to the benefit outside, again, of the PVE crowd. They don't lose ships anyways so guess it can add a roleplay element to go along with their fishing.

Even if people move their trading to the Pacific, they still need to move the ships to the pvp areas. Since all sorts of ship teleporting will be a thing of the past eventually, this will not be an issue.

"They don't lose ships anyways so guess it can add a roleplay element to go along with their fishing." I have not PVE'd in months but i will be fishing! do not paint us all the same fishy color PVP'ers can fish toooo :)

Also 

Hello Admin

Could you tell us more about said fishing?

If you nix the US servers all together, you'll lose another big chunk of players. You best think it through.

If you nix the US servers all together, you'll lose another big chunk of players. You best think it through.

I'm a US players. Started on PvP2 and moved to PvP1 when pop shrunk amid rumors of the future merge. Been waiting a few months to get my pvp2 blue prints and stuff moved over. In the mean time I've been playing on pvp1. North American times we tend to have as many or more players online than pvp2 did. The pvp has been good and the nations seem higher organized than pvp2 was months ago. Ping rate has never been an issue yet.

Why don't you want to come over to pvp1 and play with us?

Quick idea for Archeology Fans (Expolation)

Archeologist House - Searches remote area around ports for valuable gems. 200 labor hours can have a chance to discover and mine gems:

Basic - 90%

Fine - 35%

Precious - 5% chance

Resources / treasures that also can be spawned during search:

Rock

Artifacts (find better use for these)

Gold

Gems can be used for whatever devs want.

• Like 1

players like you always elaborated why?

why?

Forget my words

You're certainly doing the best

I'm a US players. Started on PvP2 and moved to PvP1 when pop shrunk amid rumors of the future merge. Been waiting a few months to get my pvp2 blue prints and stuff moved over. In the mean time I've been playing on pvp1. North American times we tend to have as many or more players online than pvp2 did. The pvp has been good and the nations seem higher organized than pvp2 was months ago. Ping rate has never been an issue yet.

Why don't you want to come over to pvp1 and play with us?

Not everyone shares your connection success to a server across the ocean.

So since if we still play we will be forced to merge , do we have to roll the same nation to get our stuff or will we be able to change and keep it ?

Please do not flame me too hard for this, but it is a serious question:

"Pacific coast opens"

Do we really want to be expanding the size of the game world as the player base continues to drop?

No offense, and not meaning to be a downer.

• Like 1

So since if we still play we will be forced to merge , do we have to roll the same nation to get our stuff or will we be able to change and keep it ?

You can change nation and keep it, your stuff will be located under a button on the left side of the "Sail" button which says x redeemables (x stands for the amount of redeemables you got)

Please do not flame me too hard for this, but it is a serious question:

"Pacific coast opens"

Do we really want to be expanding the size of the game world as the player base continues to drop?

No offense, and not meaning to be a downer.

The pacific coast will be the PVE area. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14640-devlog-forthcoming-content-patches-plan/?p=271569

The plan was to convert all your stuff into redeemable items tagged to your account. When you get to pvp1 they will be there for you to withdraw whe you are ready. Meaning you are free to join other nations or even tryout out different ones switching around. Once you have your mind made up and nation picked out you then redeem all your stuff onto that new character.