Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Devlog: Forthcoming content patches plan

Recommended Posts

When you wipe, give us a display that shows how many players have joined a specific nation.  Also how many active players that specific nation had the last week.  Testing will be far easier if there is a balance.

For launch, give us a mechanism to change nation once per month, without losing anything.  This ability should be only available for nations that have high population.  Also, they should only be able to join small nations.  If possible, move the whole clan if they so agree.

I am pretty sure there are lot of people who are interested to balance the nations.  Most understand that the game will be better with a good balance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

When you wipe, give us a display that shows how many players have joined a specific nation.  Also how many active players that specific nation had the last week.  Testing will be far easier if there is a balance.

For launch, give us a mechanism to change nation once per month, without losing anything.  This ability should be only available for nations that have high population.  Also, they should only be able to join small nations.  If possible, move the whole clan if they so agree.

I am pretty sure there are lot of people who are interested to balance the nations.  Most understand that the game will be better with a good balance.

I agree we need to know what is the low pop and what isn't.  I would prob make a national on one account to play on one server and keep my main a pirate on the other when the game goes live.  Just hate you share the labor hours or I would just play different things on each server.   

I liked how POTBS did it, you could switch nation at reset time (end of war) but you where playing a new  char and you didn't share any resources between those chars.  So all your stuff is locked until the end of a war and the server regions reset to default and you can than pick which nation you want to play.    That gives you a chance to say pirate for a few moths and than switch to say Spain the next time if they need help and if they get there numbers back the next region reset you can switch back to your pirate.  All while having only one account.  None of your stuff is shared (though the could do this with the levels/ranks still) materiel and ship wise between the different nations chars you have on one account.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

When you wipe, give us a display that shows how many players have joined a specific nation.  Also how many active players that specific nation had the last week.  Testing will be far easier if there is a balance.

 

That will not be the best idea. Other games implement a display similar to what you are asking. Issue being people see the numbers and tend to join the team with the most players only increasing that teams size. The way they attempt to counter this is by having team population caps. Then you have to think about all the alternate accounts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

That will not be the best idea. Other games implement a display similar to what you are asking. Issue being people see the numbers and tend to join the team with the most players only increasing that teams size. The way they attempt to counter this is by having team population caps. Then you have to think about all the alternate accounts.

and don't forget how many folks aren't currently playing being added into those caps.  Though I do think they should give small pop nations incentive to be played.  Maybe increase the XP/Credit game if you are under so many regions to help them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

and don't forget how many folks aren't currently playing being added into those caps.  Though I do think they should give small pop nations incentive to be played.  Maybe increase the XP/Credit game if you are under so many regions to help them.

 

Maybe offer a modest ship redeemable (Privateer?) for starting your character in a small pop nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We prob get it tomorrow, but I'm more holding my breath that it will be Friday.

Captains, hold on, the roadmap will be posted as soon as ready

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, hold on, the roadmap will be posted as soon as ready

hope this means today since it was suppose to be updated end of last week. Thanks for the update.  Would really like to see the updated plans and maybe that we might get some new pirate mechanics some time soon....wishfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

They need time, its not easy. Lots of important and critical decisions are being thought with that roadmap.

I'm sorry updating your road map should not take time.  They should have one in the office prob with weekly updates.  For use we haven't had an update of it in months.  Since the last big patch which was in November.   I'm pretty sure they have a running game plans of what projects they are working on next for content.  Even if it's a small Dev team.  

New ship crafting was suppose to be out end of Dec/Jan.  Well it's Jan so when is that patch suppose to be here?  I'm going to guess it's more like end of Jan/Feb at the rate they do things. 

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PolishMartyr said:

That will not be the best idea. Other games implement a display similar to what you are asking. Issue being people see the numbers and tend to join the team with the most players only increasing that teams size. The way they attempt to counter this is by having team population caps. Then you have to think about all the alternate accounts.

That could be still a decent idea.  Like I would not join the most popular one.  It can be that I am alone here, but I doubt about that.

I do agree that small nations should get more xp/gold.  Would make this feature even more useful.  Encourage for good balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm sorry updating your road map should not take time.  They should have one in the office prob with weekly updates.  For use we haven't had an update of it in months.  Since the last big patch which was in November.   I'm pretty sure they have a running game plans of what projects they are working on next for content.  Even if it's a small Dev team.  

New ship crafting was suppose to be out end of Dec/Jan.  Well it's Jan so when is that patch suppose to be here?  I'm going to guess it's more like end of Jan/Feb at the rate they do things. 

 

Seriously, 100% agree.  How can they not have a current roadmap?  Or set of goals, etc?  There should be a minimum of a weekly meeting with a published update to everything being developed under this project.  And I'm sure they do this or something very similar, otherwise it would be total chaos.  Or maybe it is actually chaos?  But if I were to guess, unless this is a poorly managed effort, there is a spreadsheet with every single game feature or element listed on a separate line, along with who is reponsible for it, it's estimated date of completion or date it was closed out, it's revision number, and a comments section of what issues exist.  Some sort of management tool like this needs to exist.  Probably also a Gantt chart with the whole project timeline shown and broken down.

Assuming the devs actually have such a management tool, why would this be so hard to share with the alpha testers?  Or at least a simple version of it.  That should be easy to publish and update on this forum once a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Neverdead Ned said:

Sorry, no time for trivial things like content patches...too busy speed testing the Santa Cecelia.  :lol:

I thought we where suppose to get the  Hermione  last patch?  Makes me wonder what is up with that ship. I wanted it cause I would love something around the Santa Cecelia level of ships.   But we can't get them on PvP2....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I thought we where suppose to get the  Hermione  last patch?  Makes me wonder what is up with that ship. I wanted it cause I would love something around the Santa Cecelia level of ships.   But we can't get them on PvP2....

The Santa Cecelia and the HMS Hermoine are the same ship.  It also had the names HMS Retaliation and HMS Retribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverdead Ned said:

The Santa Cecelia and the HMS Hermoine are the same ship.  It also had the names HMS Retaliation and HMS Retribution.

Yah but the Hermoine was suppose to be the one given to us like a normal ship and SC was suppose to be for special prizes or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2017 at 11:02 PM, Neverdead Ned said:

The Santa Cecelia and the HMS Hermoine are the same ship.  It also had the names HMS Retaliation and HMS Retribution.

From what I understand there are two 'Hermione.' One is a Royal Navy ship given to the Spaniard after a mutiny and renamed the 'Santa Cecilia'. Later captured by the Royal Navy, the 'Hermione'/'Santa Cecilia' became the 'Retaliation.'

The second 'Hermione' is a French frigate (1779-1793). She was Lafayette's ship for his voyage to the Thirteen Colonies, in 1780.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

topic locked. 

New topic with 2017 pre-release plans and estimated timelines is going live soon(tm)

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...