Game-Labs Forum
admin

Devlog: Forthcoming content patches plan

and it's not over it seems that the comments supporting the game have been removed.

So I would be Admin I would completely refrain from commenting/ reacting to this Ant guy. He has a problem with the game and it's hard to understand what it is exactly... It's dishonest, he is spreading false rumors and whenever he can he will twist the word of the dev to make a point.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Maybe at one point in time the devs might try to get a free weekend going in Steam, just so all these people who went "Oh, well I had it on my wishlist, guess i'm not buying it after all" can play it and actualy see that it is a brilliant game.

If the server infrastructure can handle this I don't know, and I doubt Steam does anything for free.

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating"

Where did we say that? Link?

Jesus, seriously? I'm not wasting my time digging out the random comment in the random thread where you said that. You seem to be deliberately picking up on that rather than the actual point I was making and thus this conversation is now pointless.

Jesus, seriously? I'm not wasting my time digging out the random comment in the random thread where you said that. You seem to be deliberately picking up on that rather than the actual point I was making and thus this conversation is now pointless.

Picking on what? We clarified the statement you made about us. 

We never said we shelved variable winds because of the reviews. You seem to be connecting statements too much where no real connection exists. In fact we never said we shelved it completely. Nothing is final and everything might change in the early access. Wind strength might get in. 

We are only sure about avatars and sword fighting, and kraken. That will never be in this game. 

• Like 2

And my comment has been removed from his review. That guy is nuts. 

Wait, what? An individual Steam user who has written a Steam review can remove someone else's comments? That is nuts! :wacko:

We never said we shelved variable winds because of the reviews. You seem to be connecting statements too much where no real connection exists. In fact we never said we shelved it completely. Nothing is final and everything might change in the early access. Wind strength might get in. 

We are only sure about avatars and sword fighting, and kraken. That will never be in this game. 

Yeah I paraphrased slightly, but not with the intent to misrepresent but only to try to clarify my point.  The reason I used that example was because it was an instance where I thought you'd had a (potentially) really good idea but were worried about testing it due to potential player reactions. I think in the cases where you guys stick to your guns and follow your vision for the game you generally get it spot on, so seeing you worrying about testing something (during a test period) because of Steam reviews disappointed me. Perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick.

But no Kraken you say? That's a game changer... going to make a negative Steam review right now ;)

• Like 1

As per below you are of course correct Admin. It was never completely shelved, but the below does make it sound fairly final especially when adding such core game changing features seems hard to do especially according to patch notes you have in the first post here... where it was said that you want to make changes that may not be popular because it will be impossible after release. So I can kind of understand where both sides are coming from when it comes to the chances of wind getting in.
I for one would scream with joy like a little girl if it was put in :)

We are now worried about wind strength after changing/improving damage model penetration improvements. There is a pretty good chance that someone might not like changes compared to what they like currently and it can affect reviews and sales. We only plant to improve (fix bugs) in accel/decel and code in lateen sails for xebecs starting from La Requinn and thats it. Wind strength changes can wait or might never get in.

"there are more pressing issues requiring attention. focusing on the wind strength might face same reaction as damage model improvements"

P.S. Question: These 1 dura ship captures. Will they be anything but basic ships? Do they replace the BP events? 
  • Like 1

Content patch: October (Current patch) 

• Pacific coast opens (removed until release)

What will there be in the Pacific ?

• a PvE area ?
  • a rookie region ?
  • an Exploration zone ?
  • another (part of the) PvP/E map ?
  • something else ?
  • devs don't know yet ?
  • nothing ?

What will there be in the Pacific ?

• a PvE area ?
  • a rookie region ?
  • an Exploration zone ?
  • something else ?
  • devs don't know yet ?
  • nothing ?

I think a PVE area could be a very good think and maybe with the merge of the PVE server.

• Like 1

Wait, what? An individual Steam user who has written a Steam review can remove someone else's comments? That is nuts! :wacko:

Yes, he can, and he does.

He also deleted my long comment on his ranting and his censorship.

Game release will tell us true numbers, atm we have enough for testing. I personally waiting on free  transfer, so I can move to US server.  

I understood there will be a wipe before launch.  So moving from server to another will be very easy at that point.

If things from PvP2 are mirrored on PvP1, maybe you could do it opposite as well?  Then everyone have their change to move to the server better serving their local time zone.

Let me tell you guys one thing about boarding. Im trying to end the boarding discussion with that.

I play on 800x600 resolution 14 fps and all settings on the lowest possible.

- But WHY?

Yet still i board in almost every duel, and i win 99% of my boardings even though i have 0 boarding mods.

- Well if you only board ships, with less crew, than you, yeah, you should win 99%

It is not ping dependent because if you have enough crew and prep advantage you literally can not loose the boarding.

-True, but where is the fun in boarding a ship with way less crew?

The ping, the modules, the commands, everything about boarding combat only matters to those who failed to decide the boarding beforehand.

- Ping has no real effect, thats true. Modules matters quite a bit, not only if you attack a ship with a bigger crew, but also matters on how many crew you loose. Commands also matter quite a bit, wrong command, at the wrong time can cost alot of dead crew members,

To board a ship with equal crew is a very very bad thing to do because you take very unnecessary risks.

-Rubbish, its a challenge.

But in reality the boarding combat is decided by ship combat.

-Doesnt seem so to me, but what do i know.. :-)

• Like 1

Hello Сaptains

We wanted to share the plans for the next content patches with you.

The list may change and is not final. 

Content patch: June (Deployed 6/29/16)

• Crew hire - deployed
  • Fleets will be brought back with improvements - deployed
  • Ship capture will be back for all vessels except for lineships - deployed
  • Fishing - deployed
  • Basic early implementation of officers - deployed
  • Provisions/New trading resources/Several new production buildings - deployed
  • Double shot/double charge - deployed
  • Potential USA PVP 2 merge - under consideration

Content patch: July (Deployed 7/28/16)

• Finalization of crew and officers - 
  • Testing of land in port battles - in internal testing
  • Finalization of accel and deceleration for vessels - deployed
  • XP for trading (delayed with no ETA)

Content patch: August (Deployed 8/17/16) 

• First iteration of War & Peace: Alliances - deployed
  • Potential raking improvements (delayed with no ETA)
  • Potential blueprints system rework (delayed to October or later due to other priorities)
  • AI improvements and new missions (delayed due to other priorities)
  • Ship paint schemes - deployed
  • New server based event - deployed
  • Test bed for testing new features - in internal testing

Content patch: October (Current patch) 

• War & Peace/Nations continued
  • New Port battles organization - (land in battles will be deployed first through raids and might get delayed or given out in test bed)
  • Trading and Crafting changes
  • Delivery Quests
  • Integrated Trader Tools
  • Rookie Zones
  • Improved ROE (two circles mechanics)
  • Updated combat mechanics
  • First iteration of new UI (delayed until politics is fully integrated)
  • Localization (delayed until first draft of UI is deployed)
  • Pacific coast opens (removed until release)

Content patch: November or Later  (Work in Progress) 

• Trading and crafting changes - will be partially deployed in the previous patch and finalized in this one
  • Finalization of War & Peace
  • Bugfixes and other general polish
  • Leaderboards and PvP rewards

Content patch: November - December (Work in Progress) 

• Preparation for the release

Discuss and propose changes if you feel something was forgotten

EDIT

Don't forget that Captain Babble keeps track of all ideas for the large scale roadmap (which might be included in NA or for multiple reasons can be implemented in Naval action 2 ;)

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12696-the-road-map-table-of-contents/

if you like some of the things he is tracking (based on player suggestions) please let him know in comments

this list should be reworked....just saying

• Like 1

I hope,although it may be too late for it, that we will be able to vote for PEACE or NEUTRALITY in POLITICS section.There must be a possibility to end a war.

• Like 2

thank you

Title for this Gentleman.

With the time table of 10-15 days putting the patch hopefully coming the 15-20 is there any ETA of when it might come?  I know ya'll will give us an update, but is this window looking more and more real?  I know a lot of us players are taking breaks and waiting on the patch. I'm truely hopeing it's more the 15th of the month (three days from now) cause a lot of us are ready for these new changes and to test them out.

• Like 2

list of priorities and things worked on is updated

• Like 4

Potential tuning of sailing (leeway, wind strength, fixes of legacy debt with staysails and other elements)

йеееей.

даг б-г не отменится

• 3d HOMM/Mordheim style boarding prototype (under development since october)

:huh:  :wub:

Content patch: October (Current patch ETA 20-25 October) 

• War & Peace/Nations continued
  • New Port battles organization - (land in battles will be deployed first through raids and might get delayed or given out in test bed)
  • Trading and Crafting changes
  • Delivery Quests and XP for resources delivery (trading xp)
  • Integrated Trader Tools
  • Rookie Zones
  • Improved ROE (two circles mechanics)
  • Updated penetration for some cannons

Patch should be right in time for my birthday!

What exactly will raids be? Is this something exclusive to pirates, or now that it seems port battles are only for regional capitals, will it be possible to raid ports that are not regional capitals? I really hope so. Taking the majority of ports out of RvR entirely isn't a good thing I fear.

Looking forward to testing the new two circles ROE.

Content patch: November - December  (Work in Progress) 

• Tournaments and Weekend pvp and pve events (new addition)

Nice!

Content patch: November - December  (Work in Progress) 

• French Hermione
Content patch: December - January  (Work in Progress) 
  • Potential blueprints system rework (will be done before the release with total wipe)

Very nice! 

One question: when do we get the danish SOL Christian VII?

• Pacific coast opens (potentially removed)

I hope it still gets in somehow.

:huh:  :wub:

Total wipe includes all ships, blueprints and all materials?

Total wipe includes all ships, blueprints and all materials?

total wipe means assets yes. (no xp and crafting xp) and it will only be done before release

• Like 11

Yet another change in ETA and contents of the "big october patch" :P

Not really a concern for me, since It's been a long time since I ceased to expect too much (long before I had to read the intersting lessons of the Devs about how to "manage our expectations").

I make my craft & trade thingies every day to earn some gold, sometimes a PVE mission just to relax (but this will probably end when patch hits) and some small scale OW pvp engagenet. I think that RvR warlords are much less satisfied about the stretch of this "unnatural peace", but it's not my problem

In this game what will come will come, when Devs want, how Devs want, despite what they could have said about it in the past and also despite our possible feedbacks. That's the (somehow bitter, I confess) taste of naval action testing .. so we have just to take it or leave it.

total wipe means assets yes. (no xp and crafting xp) and it will only be done before release

Prior to release all assets will be wiped (with the exception of xp and crafting xp).

In my opinion, to the weekend warrior, to the person who can only get a few hours in each week, this is a death blow to that community. Those who can't spend 4 hours a day, 6 days a week playing, have lost months and months of work.

If your target audience is the hardcore gamers, so be it, but I think any of us who can't spend hours within this world and have spent months, just getting a few ships and mods to our liking will likely be gone. 

Please remember the community of gamers who can't spend endless time on this game, to lose our ships and other assets, it'll take us months to get those back and more than likely, many of us will leave because of it. 

• Like 1