Game-Labs Forum

Did someone give the Rebels steroids yesterday?

Mr. Mercanto

SO yesterday I finished another two campaigns against the Rebels, one on "Offensive" the other on "Cunning." Both resulted in decisive victories with casualties of 3:1 in my favour. I decided to play a new campaign today and suddenly the Rebels were unstoppable. I watched as Archer and Davis took 40% casualties and literally did not waver. Meanwhile, my supposedly Veteran Brigade under Cutler broke under a few volleys from what should have been an exhausted Davis. It took at least two brigades of equal strength to defeat one of their's, and that was only if mine was in cover. 

I finally lost my patience when I watched the Iron Brigade, on high ground, flanking Archer, with heavy cover, pour enfilade fire into Archer. Archer took 30% casualties and only then began to waver. Then, for no reason, the Iron Brigade broke, despite taking almost no fire or casualties. At another point, the Rebels somehow captured Seminary Ridge while all of their forces were on McPherson's Ridge and my men were deployed on Seminary Ridge. 

I have since then tried some scenarios as tests. I found that other scenarios played as I would expect them to for the most part. This issue seems to be most prevalent on the first day. Has anyone else noticed anything?