Game-Labs Forum
Kanay

Ingermanland Unicorn BP, Frigates wasted and NPC buying prices.

752143ingerman0000cr.jpg

Hi all, 

Many here have huge difficulties to get the ingermanland BP and waist tons of precious resources and labor hours doing useless Frigates that flood the market and sell for ridiculous prices, even more now that many players left and servers are semi desert.

Selling price of frigates drops each day, you can find Gold frigates at 87000 in British Capital at the moment, take the 10% fee out and it's frigates gold sold for 78300 gold ... That is more or less the price of a single medium grade note on the market ... and the more we go the more the prices drops...

Myself being lvl 50 and it's the only BP i am missing in game, crafting only frigates now to try to get this last BP and I'm really fed up of this situation, for myself and for many other crafter's spending them time and resources doing also useless frigates while they could feed the market with more demanded and useful ships that players demand and will use. 

There is many posts made on the forum by many other crafters about this particular unicorn BP and not a single word about this BP problem, not a single change about this, I don't think mine will change anything but i have to say what i have in mind because this BP is either bugged or a sad joke, in both cases it remains the bane of many crafter's, especially now that PB's are mostly done using Constitutions and Ingermanlands, yet nothing was done to make this ship more accessible.

At this point I'm seriously wondering if this is something made on purpose, an artificial way to flood the market with what is not a bad ship that ends up being sold for ridiculously low prices, a way to get many good ships available for a crust of bread on the market.

Since prices drop each day on the market and no matter how low you will sell it someone will cut you ... you can sell it to NPC's ... yeah ... but there is a another thing absolutely ridiculous with this : NPC's buy your ship for the same price no matter if it's a basic made one or a gold one.

A frigate goes for 61536 gold to NPC's and this offered price does not even cover the price of the resources used to make the ship ! Needed resources based on the NPC's default sell price cost 68148 gold for a basic frigate made in fir wood, 95148 gold for a exceptional frigate using the fir cheapest wood, 97308 for a teak one, 98028 for a oak one and 105228 gold for a live oak one...  just in resources ... and at default NPC shops sell prices !  

On the market a gold one sells for 87k and when the 10% fee is removed it makes 78300 on the crafter pocket, not even covering the materials prices, let's not speak of the 2917 labour hours needed to make it from raw materials ... 71 real time hours, 3 days of accumulating the labor hours needed for nothing in the end ... and this goes worse and worse day after day as prices drop endlessly for this ship.

Since a bit i don't even try anymore try to sell my Frigates on the market, waist of money and time, i gave some, i broke some and lately I sell them to NPC's for 61536 gold and I will continue to do this or find some other inventive solutions to get rid of them like going into a fleet event and ram the biggest ship i will cross.  No matter if they are basics or gold ones, i won't continue to feed the artificially maintained market anymore with good ships to keep some availability on the market at ridiculous prices .

Something have to be done in regards to this particular BP, like i said it's either bugged or something an need a double or even triple check, it's not normal at all that many crafter's have to do dozen of gold useless ships and get nothing in the end, it's frustrating, irritating and serves no other purpose than flood the market with gold ships at ridiculous prices, thing that i won't do anymore, i prefer to break them than continue to sell them at loss and can only hope that others trying to get the unicorn BP will do the same so this artificial market flooding will end and this ship BP problem will maybe be taken care of in the end.

And i hope to see the NPC's buy prices adjusted depending the quality of the ships, a gold ship selling for more than a basic one and prices covering at least the materials used to craft a ship and some of the labor hours invested.

Probably this was a long post for nothing again, like the many other posts complaining about this Ingermanland BP, anyways thanks for those that took the time to read it.

• Like 5

we read it mate i will check again - we have heard a couple of guys were extremely unlucky

but based on the number of ingermanlands blueprints in the system i don't know what to answer. 

but we will check

also time to buff the frigate :)

• Like 4

Thanks admin, i also read some are still unlucky after 27 or so frigates gold done, i'm not yet to this point and it's already frustrating enough, had not much issues with other BP's but this one ... And if frigates gets a buff maybe they will sell a bit more then, may i suggest to add the BP drop also from the Essex for example ( or another ship )  to add some diversity on the market maybe ? 

Thanks again .

Trying...hard....to...feel....sorry...for...you.....

bah!

Its just not there.

• Like 3

This must be luck, but in 15-20 basic frigates, I have dropped the Ingermanland, Belle Poule and Trincomalee BP.

Psst, you can break up 1 dura ingermanlands for the BP and have the same chance as crafting frigates.

We had someone make 8 or 9 Frigates with no BPs, got the BP in 8 1 dura ingermanlands....

• Like 1

I feel you man.  I gave up and moved on to other BP's I get it's your last one though.  Maybe take a break from trying to get it for a bit.

Craft mods for people, make some other ships, then come back to it. 

Also a lvl 50 builder, gave up on Unicornmanland after 11 gold frigates. I just buy one or have a friend build one.

As I posted once before, I am level 41 and have not had a BP of any ship from crafting since level 30. The chance based drop system is frustrating and as you point out creates market imbalances.

• Like 1

Couldn't get it from crafting it myself either. Fortunately one lucky guy from my clan dropped it on his first frigate and donated it to me.

Another guy got it twice on 3 frigates. Some people are just blessed with luck ;-)

DEVS! 27 FRIGATES! JUST GIVE THE GUYS A BREAK! -_-:(

Yeah, free Inger BPs for all! :lol:  :P

I feel ya, Kanay!

I've been "fed up" with this RNG crafting since before EA. We could double to quadruple the time to get a BP as long as it's a deliberate thing, like grinding for next rank.

I also wonder what would happen if we had to spend LH to grind for a certain BP instead of flooding the market with ships based on what BP ppl are grinding. It's just weird and works fundamentally different from any real market economy mechanics.

Two things have dictated the ship availability since EA:

1. Port battle demand.
  2. BP grinds.

PB demand is ofcourse fine and working as intended. Doesn't BP grind as market driver mess things up? Can the market and economy ever work when we have funky motivators at the bottom of it all?

• Like 2

but based on the number of ingermanlands blueprints in the system i don't know what to answer.

Easy. RNG always evens things out over a large number or, in our case, population. But if you look at individuals or shorter time spans you will find blessed and cursed individuals.

• Like 3

Same here...15 golden frigs done + 1 basic...still nothing...number 16 & 17 on my schedule already...early this morning I even broke up a basic Ingermanland...nothing again...I'm definitely losing my mental stability....ah-ahah-ahahaha...(hysterical laughter)....

I feel ya, Kanay!

I've been "fed up" with this RNG crafting since before EA. We could double to quadruple the time to get a BP as long as it's a deliberate thing, like grinding for next rank.

I also wonder what would happen if we had to spend LH to grind for a certain BP instead of flooding the market with ships based on what BP ppl are grinding. It's just weird and works fundamentally different from any real market economy mechanics.

Two things have dictated the ship availability since EA:

1. Port battle demand.
  2. BP grinds.

PB demand is ofcourse fine and working as intended. Doesn't BP grind as market driver mess things up? Can the market and economy ever work when we have funky motivators at the bottom of it all?

I actually like the idea of using LH to research BPs. Or maybe introduce some sort of mechanic where by crafting certain ships an amount of time you learn how to do x. If you meet all the X,Y,Z requirements for said blueprint, then you can start crafting it. The BP lottery is ridiculous.

Clearly there just are not a lot of 100-year old Blueprints left from the shipbuilders...  Perhaps Peter "Mikhailov" the Great had all copies buried with him in 1725??

• Like 1

All ships up to Connie are so cheap there is no reason to build them for profit.

At the same time its ridiculous what people are charging for materials, while crafters have to give away their LH for nothing.

To give you an idea about ship and material values

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=1d0e4e-1465385132.png (Ressources)

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=85dc46-1465385688.png (Ressources+200/LH)

Got it from second Frigate:P

• Like 1

we read it mate i will check again - we have heard a couple of guys were extremely unlucky

but we will check

also time to buff the frigate :)

Those rank 7 frigates need 9 pounder top decks, or a significant penetration buff to 6pd longs, otherwise they're just really terrible. They can't even hurt each other with the top deck guns.

Another issue is that even live oak frigates just melt in 4th rate PBs if under fire from Constitution or Inge. And they're not even faster.

Edited by Quineloe

maybe 5th rate and below should cost only 3 grade notes to make golden instead of 4 because a 5th rate has very little chance of standing up to 4th rates 1v1 and would make getting bps for 4th rates a little easier.

Trying...hard....to...feel....sorry...for...you.....

bah!

Its just not there.

If you think that it is perfectly normal to spend hours in traders to collect resources, to invest 95126 gold just in raw materials at NPC default cheapest prices for a fir wood gold frigate, to then invest 2917 labor hours, 3 days real time for making one, labor hours that are worth a minimum of 291700 gold at 100g/lh lowest price you can find if you get very lucky to then sell what makes a total of 382061 gold at market lowest prices for less than 80k ... well, good for you i guess ... It's not ok in my book to spend my time collecting resources all around , waiting 3 days to make a ship to then loose so much money doing this crap again and again in vain, and this only to get a blueprint that never drops on many players for whatever reason.

Either you are part of the lucky guys who got it dropped easily or one of those that hate crafter's and think all of them are rich greedy bastards always selling ships for tons of cash ... which isn't the case for many crafter's who often spend two days waiting for LH to put the parts together of a ship for whom the parts are provided by a player and we make zero profit on this or get rewarded by a fee not even covering the labour hours waisted at the market price for those ...

Meanwhile a player not even leaving the port UI and selling his craft hours can make 100 to 250k per day selling them and making basic parts, not having to do anything like traveling for hours in traders to find resources at best prices, just a few click taking few minutes ... But thanks for your input...  i guess ...

All ships up to Connie are so cheap there is no reason to build them for profit.

At the same time its ridiculous what people are charging for materials, while crafters have to give away their LH for nothing.

To give you an idea about ship and material values

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=1d0e4e-1465385132.png (Ressources)

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=85dc46-1465385688.png (Ressources+200/LH)

Got it from second Frigate:P

Yeah pretty much those costs, a fir gold frigate just in materials costs at default NPC's shop prices with nothing charged for labor hours :

19457620160609114922.png

- A fir gold frigate with 100 gold charged per labor hours : 

88216720160609114942.png

- A live oak one with 100 gold / LH :

82784620160609115456.png

All this to sell them for less than 80k on the current market, a price covering only both the medium and small carriages you put on this ship ... or sell them at 61536 gold to NPC's no matter if it's a basic or gold one ... and for in the end nothing at all beside loosing your time, money and hard cumulated resources in a gambling game where you loose each turn ...

I don't really care about gold and never played to make loads of profits like some who want to be virtual billionaires in this game but loosing so much ship after ship, week after week in a gambling game is not something ok for me.

I don't know what is wrong, if there is an issue linked to the craft level or anything else in the code that makes this BP never drop for some players, tried various quality of frigates, different woods used or trims and still nothing in the end,  tried to empty completely my upgraded to 750k warehouse and put needed parts for the ship into a trader just in case, but nope .... gave out for free a nice gold frigate yesterday that was sitting on the market since days to a pvp2 refugee, sold a fine one to the NPC's for 61536 gold and the nightmare continues ... 

• Like 2

have you tried buying a 4 duro splitting it and breaking up the 4 bits....probably better chances than a frigate