Game-Labs Forum

Excommunication Decree from the Bishop of Havana

Historical discussion are out of context. What happened, happened and thats enought. This is a history to be written so focuss on killing British.

2. Ranting and trolling

A rant is a post that is filled with angry and counterproductive comments. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Trolling is when you structure your posts to anger and insult other players to achieve an emotional response. Please post your thoughts clearly and avoid trolling.

Come on, don't tell me you take this serious!?  :o

Lets say I have received some complains about how the role playing speeches are going into history facts too frequently.

History is always written by the winner, isn't it?

Now, I don't care about the threat of excommunication. I already decided to go to hell. I've heard that it's warm down there and much more fun. And I'm pretty sure that I'll meet Don Inocencio Botillo there ;)

• Like 3

History is always written by the winner, isn't it?

Now, I don't care about the threat of excommunication. I already decided to go to hell. I've heard that it's warm down there and much more fun. And I'm pretty sure that I'll meet Don Inocencio Botillo there ;)

My son.

I can assure you that will not be the case. I have 100% guarantee of going to heaven. I have bought and sold so many indulgences I could wrap the walls of my chambers with them. I can´t understand why Luther finds so inconvenient this practical and economic purchase of salvation. I would think the Dutch might appreciate this commercial approach to spiritual relief. 

It´s much more profitable and safer than sailing around with your holds full of compass wood any way. You should check out my Episcopal Palace in Havana.

Edited by Don Inocencio Botillo
  • Like 1

Lets say I have received some complains about how the role playing speeches are going into history facts too frequently.

Oh come on!

This is a historical game. Don´t take the fun out of it. If I wanted sterile neutral discussions I would be playing some Star Trek game in the Alpha Quadrant, talking about Romulan malevolence, Ferengi greed and arrogant Klingons!!!

Yeah, I guess, that's why your papist King was so eager and grateful to accept the independence of the Dutch Republic in the Peace of Westphalia.

Now, if the great catholic kingdom of Spain, the empire where the Sun never goes down, one of the most powerful and wealthiest countries of this time, is not able to defeat a small country like the Seventeen Provinces within 80 years and finally has to accept a declaration of independence and a hardly aspired peace, I wouldn't call that a success if I were you.

But for one thing you are right, we never made it down to Madrid. We didn't need to because we kicked your fat Spanish butts so hard that you flew all the way back.

And now, go for One-Legged-Maria. 

Mmmmmhhhh.....

Captan Brave.....

You are testing my patience with your lack of respect. When we capture your pitiful sloop, I will be happy to give you a guided tour of the basement of my Episcopal Palace, where we keep some of the instruments we used to convert the local Indians to Christianity.

I will particularly enjoy applying some of the Inquisition´s "special recipes" on you. Let´s see if you can utter any more insults without your tongue or teeth.

See you soon.

Dear Don Inocencio Botillo,

The manual of the old days should be perfect of the reasons since I have read the manual of old multiple times so I can sail safely in your waters without problems.

I have seen during my journees more heretics then you can ever try to convert. The ships I use have a special treatment so the can survive longer in most conditions. 

The Bible I carry is the protestant, but i cannot lie about my descendent so i always carry a pocket catholic bible with me use them on special occasions.

Even though you want me to convert and try to kill the heretic in me you will fail because faith is stronger then the manuals of old.

And the traderoutes are still are getting more profitable the more heretics you try to hand or burn.

Merchant Pietjenoob of the Vereenigde Provinciën

Companie DAS

In the end we might be able to save your soul, Mr. Shopkeeper.

Keep that bible close to your heart. It may do some good by osmosis, penetrating your coriaceous Lutheran and greedy soul.

I send you my blessings. I will pray for your conversions with the Sisters of the Holy Mojito tonight, my son.

As a swedish pagan of the holy roman empire, i wonder if im self inflammable?

;)

Read the Inquisition manual:

"Chapter Three, Auto de Fe.

Witches, heretics, pagans, atheists, apostates and other enemies of the Church are not naturally flammable. In order to carry out a good Auto de Fe, that can provide a healthy and constructive example to the masses, as well as renew the spiritual zeal of our flock, the participants in the event must be covered, surrounded or placed on top of an amount of sufficient flammable material, normally wood.

Coal, petra oleum, or vegetable oil can also be used, but wood provides the best results, and is more economical and the fire substantially more spectacular.

The ratio is ten kilograms of wood for each kilogram of participant. For a complete combustion, add some gallons of oil to the wood, if it´s olive oil it will smell better."

I hope this satisfies your curiosity. There is no specific mention of Swedish nationals. Perhaps you can do some research and provide an answer, since I understand you burned quite a few witches yourselves, without need of technical assistance from the Spanish Inquisition.

Edited by Don Inocencio Botillo

Dear Don Incencio Botillo,

Now that sounds like a good first step to try and save my soul... Can you please send a few Sisters of the Holy Mojito order to my estate this evening to begin their "reformation process"? Can you please ensure that a least two of them are red-haired with stout constitutions. They may be required to beat and whip the demons out of my flesh before we partake of their tasty minty libations. Please have them sent to my estate on La Mona, as I believe an extended period of time may be necessary and the weather is less stiflingly hot over here.

I am,sir, etc, etc., &

Vernon Merrill

• Like 3

Now that sounds like a good first step to try and save my soul... Can you please send a few Sisters of the Holy Mojito order to my estate this evening to begin their "reformation process"? ...

Be careful with your wishes Vernon. He could send One-Legged-Maria.

My son.

I can assure you that will not be the case. I have 100% guarantee of going to heaven. I have bought and sold so many indulgences I could wrap the walls of my chambers with them. I can´t understand why Luther finds so inconvenient this practical and economic purchase of salvation. I would think the Dutch might appreciate this commercial approach to spiritual relief. 

It´s much more profitable and safer than sailing around with your holds full of compass wood any way. You should check out my Episcopal Palace in Havana.

First: I'm definitely not your son. My nose is testifying, it's as big as my father's one, no way that someone else took over that job.

sml_gallery_21363_384_1796.jpg

Second: I prefer to make my money by honest work instead of betraying poor people.

Third: That's why I'm pretty sure to meet you in hell.

And why are you try to threaten me with your fat papist inquisitors all the time? Don't you have better things to do? Doesn't a night with One-Legged-Maria satisfy you? Something seems to be seriously wrong with you.

Btw: Are you and those fat papist inquisitors taking turns on Maria? I've heard that she still demands for a real man. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind to have a spiritual comfort one of those Sisters of the Holy Mojito as a cabin maid.

I am sure my black sould needs a lot of conversion.

Arhem.

Might raid the convent one of these days...or nights.

• Like 2

Good RP.

Lack of history knowledge +  bunch of ye olde buzzwords = bad RP

France empire will provide ship for the papal troops and juge. 

I hope you're providing more ships to Spain than you provide to your enemies through careless actions losing pavels and Santisimas on open world fights.

Edited by Quineloe

Now that sounds like a good first step to try and save my soul... Can you please send a few Sisters of the Holy Mojito order to my estate this evening to begin their "reformation process"? Can you please ensure that a least two of them are red-haired with stout constitutions. They may be required to beat and whip the demons out of my flesh before we partake of their tasty minty libations. Please have them sent to my estate on La Mona, as I believe an extended period of time may be necessary and the weather is less stiflingly hot over here.

I am,sir, etc, etc., &

Vernon Merrill

Dear Captain Merrill.

The Sisters of the Holy Mojito inhabit in a small monastery in the outskirts of Havana, where they live an enclosed life devoted to prayer, spiritual development and service to the poor. I´m the only one allowed inside their convent, to celebrate the Holy Mass and provide for their spiritual needs, as the shepherd of their flock. Of course, if any of them have physical needs, I´m also required to fulfil them, since most of them are young and inexperienced, I cannot allow the outside world to spoil their pure and gentle souls.

With you, Captain Merrill, we could do an exception, if it helps end the confusion in your allegiances, and stop your hostile intent towards our King and Navy. The little sisters would be thrilled to listen to your war stories, and would treat you with care and attention worthy of a king, catering to your every need. They produce delicious pastry and have a charming little room where I´m forced to discipline some of them when they commit little misbehaviours.

I invite you to come to Havana under a flag of truce and see what the Little Sisters of the Holy Mojito can do to appease your soul and your warlike character.

Yours sincerely.

I wouldn't mind to have a spiritual comfort one of those Sisters of the Holy Mojito as a cabin maid.

I am sure my black sould needs a lot of conversion.

Arhem.

Might raid the convent one of these days...or nights.

To raid the convent you would have to pass trough the dense line of defences of Havana, and then confront my personal guard, sent by the Pope from Rome.

Better come to Havana with peaceful intent, lest you perish in your futile attempt. Here are some pictures of what awaits you there.

swiss guard reviewing

swiss guard pope francis

1414063340662 Wps 43 Pope Francis greets A Vat

while On parade The swiss guard Are equipped with halbeards swords And pikes If things ever went Hot they would switch To SIGs HKs And Glocks

• Like 1

Be careful with your wishes Vernon. He could send One-Legged-Maria.

First: I'm definitely not your son. My nose is testifying, it's as big as my father's one, no way that someone else took over that job.

sml_gallery_21363_384_1796.jpg

Second: I prefer to make my money by honest work instead of betraying poor people.

Third: That's why I'm pretty sure to meet you in hell.

And why are you try to threaten me with your fat papist inquisitors all the time? Don't you have better things to do? Doesn't a night with One-Legged-Maria satisfy you? Something seems to be seriously wrong with you.

Btw: Are you and those fat papist inquisitors taking turns on Maria? I've heard that she still demands for a real man. 

Your obsession with one legged Maria, and fat people, which only you brought up, and seems to be permanently in your mind, denotes the kind of character you have, and the stuff you are made of.

A capitalist shopkeeper like you, pretending to care for poor people, makes me laugh.

And I threaten you with inquisitors, because that is what this thread is about. Keep on uttering insults and manifesting your obsession with mutilated women, that only reflects badly on you and on the Dutch faction.

Dear Don Inocencio Botillo,

I have to totally agree with EricKilla, multiple factions and nation were trying to teach us an lesson but in the end the only thing I saw during my journees were a lot of flags most of them were sinking and the harbors were blockaded by thick pieces of chain and the enemy were always were battling in an attrition war. Even thought the pirates are using ways in which even some pirates dispice they still haven't manged to set foot to our lands.

Even though i carry an Catholic pocketbible with me. I will, shall and keep fighting for the protestant Dutch rulers so it can benefit me in the long run.

Merchant Piertjenoob of the Zeven Vereenigde Provinciën

Companie DAS

Edited by pietjenoob
  • Like 1