Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.83 Patch notes

admin

when devs add capture the point to port battles shit will make sense. They just need to frickin release that patch asap.

Also when the mechanic that u gott pay for sailors you take out to sea happens alot of people wont be able to afford

sailing Santi's all the time?

Edited by Chromey

when devs add capture the point to port battles shit will make sense. They just need to frickin release that patch asap.

Also when the mechanic that u gott pay for sailors you take out to sea happens alot of people wont be able to afford

about that santi thing I just copied what I wrote months ago and posted link aswell to that topic.back then there were a lot of vets still playing and spamming santis it was a big discussion then devs divided port battles to region capitals- regulars- shallows etc this lead SOLs only be used in reg capital fights or as defence in front of regular ports. 

Edited by Xhepnon

this game disappointed me.  I will state some fundemental negative sides that needs to be told and then get constructive in this post. this will be a long post but I think it worths to read.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/

I dont understand how devs can keep ignoring those very very obvious signs of  mistakes  they made. so called improvements are not improving anything but their self satisfaction .latest reviews %59 positive. 

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

may 1___2179 players  (sunday)  peak

june 11____856 players (saturday) peak

game lost %60 of its player base and this doesnt tell you anything? you guys pushed away almost all of the veteran players by changing battle mechanics drastically while there were nothing else to do then battling and now you only hear nothing but crying of noobs which are giving incompatible feedbacks most of them arent even constructive(sorry dont wanna act arrogant but this is how it is).

you can say there is trade? trade yeah you are welcome to risk your haul +sail 3 hours this is no fun after a while even it can be profitable.

in short story battle is the core of this game it is perfectly fine to adjust battle mechanics little by little, or adding removing stuff time to time but when there is NOTHING else to do except battling you are basically saying F.ck you to your veterans  by making them throw all of their battle experiences, tactics strategies to trashcan because of drastic changes for a patch that is not even fun but only realistic?(reference to past patches)

ok so far these were focus of my critism I loved this game this is why Im putting time to making this comment because I think it deserves it I want this game to be better more fun.lets get more constructive,

- for sake of god please remember this is NAVAL ACTİON, not naval SIMULATOR  this game doesnt have to be precise when it comes to historical facts unless you  put that action part just to receive more attention. so please keep that in mind.

- basement of this game is battle everything revolves around it but if you want to build a skyscraper you better start adding floors to that basement otherwise a base without floors are just barebones. add stuff other then battle that are fun to do. add in-depth national mechanics etc

- ADJUST PIRATES, seriously pirates shouldnt be a nation. I dont know how you are going to solve it but I think solution comes from building bureaucracy to other nation's first.

Ive made some suggestions in one of my topics a while ago(06 april 2016) I think some of them still valid such as

""Every team should have a maximum battle rating lets say  (10300)25v25(9600)  rating decided  by nations strenght(based on port count, port variation, port economy) divided by active fleets. and yes fleets should be able to merge just as ai fleets merge at the port they are created at fleet section.

Since what I suggested in this idea can be a problem for weak defender nations, they would have serious disadvantages which might be balanced with homeport morale boost, high morale should increase crew's efficiency increase reload,repair speed.

or ports strengthen by additional defences I think ports should have their own charecteristics, like they should be able to transform, to a trading posts or battle focused ports or ship production focused,  it should be somehow varied. it should show somewhat they are alive and dynamic.

Maybe battle rating can be decided by the initial port that fleet formed by  admiral of fleet. players who wants to join to fleet should be able to join only if they have invitation or access like fleets should have options such as (publicly open, more then commodore rank, invitation only). that would utile fleet section aswell.

so how noobs will join fleets or port battles then  you may ask. there should be custom port battles just like normal battles that we can attend in ports when we want. and for balance sake attacker should has more players then defenders etc that is relatively easy part.

Every nation  should generate a fleet power in time depending on its strenght and player donations, fleet power should only be utilized by some players(lets say members of  council elected by players of that nation). like if a nation wants to form a 25 santissima fleet fine let them but they have to invest a huge partition of fleet power of nation which is hard to generate and could have been utilized more efficiently  in multiple various fleets.

This creates a question so if a nation forms a 25 santissima fleet while another one didnt, how are they going to fight agaisnt them? current situation in game is not that different but maybe with new patch port defences may vary, or devs can implement a  port development progress just like system in total war which is designed for cities. ports should develop in time or regress it should be decided by certain algorhytm which can be acceleratable by players who pay taxes to nation or donates gold, labor hours and materials to ports etc that would make a certain port has strong defences which is wished to be defendeble agaisnt a huge fleet."

as a reference to the topic: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12924-nation-port-battle-mechanics/

those were what I thought about this game I beleive this game has a great potential but in order to achive that state there are many things to do. even though I dont agree on everything that you have done so far devs, I only wish goodluck to you on your hardwork.

All fine but it is an ALPHA version of teh game.. all Alphas have problems... that is why we test and comment

See I am not sure on that... feels a lot like WoT and that capture system SUCKS.   As long as it takes a LONG time to capture a port even if undefend....

But then I want the Forts to be able to be player manned... That way if you can only get 4-5 players to defend based on attack time or whatever... They can man the forts and still have an impact on the defense.

• Like 1

Ok, the leaks are absolutely ridiculous. Just because your armor on one side is completely gone, should not mean that you automatically start taking on water. Or at least give us the option where we want to repair. It becomes a huge problem when repairs in battle are wasted repair a tiny portion of all 4 sides of ships rather than repairing the side that has the most damage. If we cannot choose to make all repairs on the bow, or stern, or port, or starboard side because it is all gone, then at least make it an automatic that repairs fix the most damaged side and not spread evenly everywhere.

Please and thank you. :)

• Like 1

game lost %60 of its player base

Oh, I really don't like to read this doom-mongering any more. This is about testing a game which is in development process. Speaking of my own experience it's a natural thing that tester's numbers drop after the first euphoria drops. If people will eventually come back, or not, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that people who really want to improve this game and really want to work with the devs together will stay -- until we have a finished product. And I'm quite happy with the timetable given by the devs and I'm really curious to see all the new mechanics.

• Like 1

Escaping from battle = 1min45sec

A ship that has lost all mastins (0 sail capacity), is still capable to escape from a battle !!

In that laborious process to shoot down crew in order to prepare a bording, you are supposed to keep firing at the ship in order to reset this bleeding 1:45min count down timer...Furthermore, due to adjusted stats, some of your shots, despite you clearly damage/touch the ship (or what remains of a ship without any sails) are not reseting the timer !! 

As a result, you got a ship totaly undercrewed with 0% sailing capacity that is able to escape from a battle...

Will that weird mechanic be adjusted ?  

Could we imagine an "escape count down" to be proportional to ship damage, the more damage the longer time escape.

• Like 3

Oh, I really don't like to read this doom-mongering any more. This is about testing a game which is in development process. Speaking of my own experience it's a natural thing that tester's numbers drop after the first euphoria drops. If people will eventually come back, or not, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that people who really want to improve this game and really want to work with the devs together will stay -- until we have a finished product. And I'm quite happy with the timetable given by the devs and I'm really curious to see all the new mechanics.

Yes, and we're all working for free for a finished product that has cost us nearly €40 / £30 / $45 / AU$60. They have a lot of money €1 mill. to get it right. :D

We are getting the benefits of a game to play. :)

Edited by Lannes