Game-Labs Forum

OlavDeng2s Ship Reviews

Welcome to the thread where I will be posting my Naval Action ship reviews, hope you enjoy and feel free to correct any mistakes i make(which there will be plenty of)

The Lynx

The Victory

The Ingermanland

Le Gros Ventre

The Saint Pavel

Nuestra Senora de la Santisima Trinidad

HMS Bellona

HMS Trincomalee

HMS Surprise

USS Rattlesnake

PS: some keen eyed person will notice the lack of my Essex ship review, that is because I plan on doing a new video on the essex

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As to L'Ocean: i think you miss 1 point in regards of her structure/tank properties: she bounces balls beautifully. Even better than a Belle or Reno. I guess it's the combo of french hull shape and heavy armor, that does the job. Idk if thats important in PvP, but when sailing against an AI Santi, one can just laugh about it's broadsides as long as one doesnt sail paralell.

I remember catching 4 full broadsides of a Santi at around 75 deg angle and loosing just half a notch of armor....

The point i don't like about her: Even with 1100 crew plus hammocks she sails like undercrewed with anything above blue marines. I will most likely build the next one with crewspace and fiddle around with light cariages, lower calibre guns and charismatic a bit.

I was hoping for better boarding properties with that large a crew, but right now I keep  using a Buc for that.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

As to L'Ocean: i think you miss 1 point in regards of her structure/tank properties: she bounces balls beautifully. Even better than a Belle or Reno. I guess it's the combo of french hull shape and heavy armor, that does the job. Idk if thats important in PvP, but when sailing against an AI Santi, one can just laugh about it's broadsides as long as one doesnt sail paralell.

I remember catching 4 full broadsides of a Santi at around 75 deg angle and loosing just half a notch of armor....

The point i don't like about her: Even with 1100 crew plus hammocks she sails like undercrewed with anything above blue marines. I will most likely build the next one with crewspace and fiddle around with light cariages, lower calibre guns and charismatic a bit.

I was hoping for better boarding properties with that large a crew, but right now I keep  using a Buc for that.

Yup, i completely missed the "sloping" of the L'Ocean which is better than either the vic or santi...

for boarding i think 2nd rates will always be king since 1st rates will always simply be too unwieldy and slow to be a proper boarding ship.

• Like 1