Game-Labs Forum

Crew management update - discussion

Totally enjoy the hidden little things à là "darksouls" like the devs put it.

Hidden things are pretty good, I would love to discover a lost treasure ship or hidden ports, but if we are supposed to test game mechanics (we are suopposed to, aren't we?), we have to know how game mechanics work. This should be obligatory for the devs. We all have paid to test this game, just to remember.

*** cut ***

Well, if crew auto-regenerates after a while it would be perfectly okay. If you want to sail out with your 3rd rate or whatever you have to pay for crew losses, else you can wait a day or two and take a frigate in the meantime. Can someone confirm auto-regeneration of crew?

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

crew is to expensive. I understand the Idea of Crew Management, but so you are killing the beginners. 

Regards

Jack Tar Karotte

I agree it needs some tweaks.

Maybe it gets more expensive by rank or by numbers for example to fill up 0-100 men: 100 Gold/sailor up to 500 (or more) for 800-1100.

No, my CREW DOES NOT REGENERATE neither when I am at sea nor on the dunny.

I think you mean that I am the 'whiner' that 'only think(s) about (his) pleasure, nothing more!' What do you play wargames for? to increase your intelligence quotient? or, to be discovered and find paid work as a developer? or, you just like paper-work and can't get enough of it, perhaps.

I play wargames for PLEASURE. (What a surprising revelation!)

F11 go, go, go, go. It regenerates for me. So it should for you also. And devs really should explain mechanics behind crew replenishments :)

I play them for pleasure too. But having everything on a platter for free and no effort is not fun thing. Guess you missed few points, this game is:

- sandbox

- mmo

- open world

Check other games with that genre and their mechanics. For example EvE Online and see how it`s easy to play them. If you want instant action etc go check Blackwake or go play meiers pirates. What you are asking for is simply not a thing in game that naval action is pretending to be. EOS.

Hi Folks,

crew is to expensive. I understand the Idea of Crew Management, but so you are killing the beginners. 

Regards

Jack Tar Karotte

Dont use ships where you cant afford crew looses. If you are using basic cutter i suggest you to explore some trading/crafting/fishing possibilites to get more money/exp instead of doing missions all the time. Also think about grouping with other players, it will help you a lot in doing missions and other things.

Hidden things are pretty good, I would love to discover a lost treasure ship or hidden ports, but if we are supposed to test game mechanics (we are suopposed to, aren't we?), we have to know how game mechanics work. This should be obligatory for the devs. We all have paid to test this game, just to remember.

*** cut ***

Well, if crew auto-regenerates after a while it would be perfectly okay. If you want to sail out with your 3rd rate or whatever you have to pay for crew losses, else you can wait a day or two and take a frigate in the meantime. Can someone confirm auto-regeneration of crew?

It would be nice to read something about some mechanics from devs. Thats definatly good idea. Also knowing them is good for proper testing.

It auto regenerates for me. I lost 500 crew members and it auto regenerates after 24h. First i got arround 280 crew after 13-14h and rest after 24h. Instead of using bigger ships i was sailing 5th/6th rates for a while. Nothing crucial and hard to deal with.

@up.

Yeah they may check something for total newbies so for first 2 ranks it may cost less or something. But dont overdo it. Game should give adventages for playing together, not solo all the time. And crew costs somehow force low rank people to gather together or check other career possibilites. I like it.

Edited by Leku

There is definitely a bug regarding crew, I just did a 152 fleet mission in a connie, I capped a ren and cerb and sent them back to an outpost to sell, when I docked then teleported to willem I was back to 1100 crew without hiring any crew. I did not take any screrenshots but I will try to replicate it and take some.

DEVELOPERS please reply to this. Is it a BUG or not? Some of us have crew regenerating and some of us NOT including my whole clan! Developers please reply!

• Like 1

DEVELOPERS please reply to this. Is it a BUG or not? Some of us have crew regenerating and some of us NOT including my whole clan! Developers please reply!

And suddenly regeneration is tied to how gallant the fights were !...No gallantry no regeneration... :o... total joke :)

I want to know also.

Here is what admin wrote in the patch notes:

"Every rank has its limit of free crew provided by the admiralty. For example a first ranked newbie has 40 free crew, so he does not have to pay for crew if he loses the ship."

Works for me and my clan. I might suggest that your clan test the crew functions out over multiple RL days. Try using different ships, putting into port with outpost, then TP and sailing out on different ship from different op. Lose boarding combat and then wait to log in to next day and see what happens - just suggestion to test it out. If your whole clan is unable to get crew to regen back to rank level I would suggest sending a pm to dev at that point.

In the future, crew replacement could be tied to a fun dynamic of recruitment parties - in which you send officers into the port to recruit. An officer could have a perk of a charismatic personality that would allow him to recruit more per trip. A player could have a reputation for success (if we had a reputation system) that would also lure seamen to sign on. This could allow some crew to be replaced for free, with just the time of a recruiters being off the ship. 

I just managed to put myself back to full crew again without buying any, it happens when you sell a captured ship to npc at port.

I don't think so.  Replenishment happens for me around the same time every day no matter what I am doing.

I suspect that every 24 hours you are replenished with an allotment of zero-cost crew based on your rank.  If you are not getting your pool fully recharged, it is probably because you have lost enough crew per day to exceed this allotment, and then are continuing to lose day to day, so you never see a full replenishment.

I don't think so.  Replenishment happens for me around the same time every day no matter what I am doing.

I suspect that every 24 hours you are replenished with an allotment of zero-cost crew based on your rank.  If you are not getting your pool fully recharged, it is probably because you have lost enough crew per day to exceed this allotment, and then are continuing to lose day to day, so you never see a full replenishment.

I was 132 crew short of 1100, I sold a ren I took from a mission to the npc seller and bam back to 1100, its a bug.

I was 132 crew short of 1100, I sold a ren I took from a mission to the npc seller and bam back to 1100, its a bug.

Are you sure that you hadn't crew left on the reno when selling it? Then the crew might have got back to your stack.

Are you sure that you hadn't crew left on the reno when selling it? Then the crew might have got back to your stack.

I will put it more simply, before I sold the ship I had the option to hire crew, afterwards I did not, that means I gained total crew. The only way to do that is hire them or use a medkit, I did neither.

NO, NO, NO! There is no replenishment for myself nor any of my clan teammates! I repeat NO replenishment of crew under any circumstances other than buying crew!

I have had no reply from the DEVELOPERS.

PS. I have F11 the so-called bug.

Edited by Lannes

Please rid of the determined defender mod.  it is just plain a cheat in every way.    I cannot play this game anymore with that huge advantage.  And I am a trader. I don't use it as I feel it is a CHEAT

uncraftable Gold marines is a "cheat". determined defender not

NO, NO, NO! There is no replenishment for myself nor any of my clan teammates! I repeat NO replenishment of crew under any circumstances other than buying crew!

I have had no reply from the DEVELOPERS.

PS. I have F11 the so-called bug.

For me crew does not regenerate either, but i've heard from clanmates that it does for them. This is getting really annoying and expensive.

• Like 1

Please rid of the determined defender mod.  it is just plain a cheat in every way.    I cannot play this game anymore with that huge advantage.  And I am a trader. I don't use it as I feel it is a CHEAT

determined defender is used mainly by boarders, to prevent victims from adopting counterboarding tactics when they still have full crew. Since traders are less armed and less manned than traders, the determined defender mechanig will work always in favour of the boarder, allowing lower level ship boarders to win against higher level ship traders.

https://postimg.org/image/61vi5mprb/

https://postimg.org/image/h2twpva87/

Above are 2 screenshots 1 before I sold the ship and 1 after, as you can see this action restores me to full crew.

I tried this last night and can confirm it works as Boris said. I sold an old 1 dura Surprise that I had capped several weeks ago to the AI. Total crew (on ship plus available) was 796 out of a maximum pool of 1100. After selling it, my total crew was 1036 out of 1100. I think this may be a bug unless there's more rules to it other than "sell a ship to the AI and recoup the entire crew complement of the ship."

I have yet to see my crew-pool auto-regenerate.  I have a clan mate whose crew-pool auto-regenerates daily.  We play the same levels of ships, roughly same numbers & levels of battles per day.  Our battle crew losses are comparable.  We keep our ships in and log off in the same ports.  Yet he's seeing this regeneration, while I am not.  Apparently one of us is doing something differently to facilitate (or prevent) the auto-regeneration over time.  Neither of us can figure out what it is.

Edited by Bramborough
  • Like 1

me the same , only regenerate 450  of 650 of my crew  every day and y don't know if it's normal or its a bug

In theory crew DOES NOT regenerate, for anyone, above the MINIMAL level attached to his rank (40 for rank one , 300? to max rank)..

So if there is any bug , it is for the players who have them magically regenerated.

In theory crew DOES NOT regenerate, for anyone, above the MINIMAL level attached to his rank (40 for rank one , 300? to max rank)..

So if there is any bug , it is for the players who have them magically regenerated.

ok then please can the devs give us some info on the numbers

is that hard?

• Like 1