Game-Labs Forum

Lost Blueprints -- lack of room in warehouse

mikawa

Just to clarify it's not a fault of mine:

Yesterday I crafted an exceptional Brig (two free slots in my warehouse) and got 

- Niagara blueprint

- Mid grate note blueprint

- Mortar Brig blueprint

- Rattlesnake blueprint

Due to only 2 free slots in my warehouse the Mortar Brig and Rattlesnake BP's vanished completely. Im quite upset about that. A lot of crafting time and materials was lost for me. At least the game should ask me which BP's to keep and which not. If I had a choice, I would have kept the Mid grate and Rattlesnake BP's, but there was no option. Apologize if it's my fault, but I think this is a severe bug, mattering more the the combat and diplomacy discussions, because it involves lot of effort, gold and time. It should be put on top of the priority list, in my opinion. I filed a bug report, too.

Maybe a solution is to drop BPs as Redeemables instead of items. That would also make it completely impossible to sell BPs to others (which seems to be a goal of the devs). However if this is an easy to implement thing, I don't know. If not it should definitely have a very low priority.

• Like 1

This is definitely not my fault, sorry. How can you say that? You get a REWARD for your effort which is LOST -- This is very poor game design and should not appear at all. Additional room is very expensive so you can't always afford adding space. Sorry, this should have a HIGH priority or should appear as a warning in game BEFORE crafting.

Mhh, game could use a pop up like this:

"XY resources/ blueprints were lost due to lack of warehouse or cargo space, consider expanding it!."

The game makes use of the cargo hold of docked ships in such situations. If no ship is available game uses suggested pop up above.

Or

If you wanted to make such goods redeemable it would be like renting warehouse space within a certain port. A player would have to pay an initial fee + an extra fee depending on the amount of goods you wish to store. Every server day a player would automatically pay the rent. IF a player runs out of money his goods would be lost..

Edited by BACk ALLEY ShENANiGANS
  • Like 1

Sorry but this was my reply to SphinX's answer. I am not angry, but I saw this mentioned in some very old post I didn't read yet and I wanted to bring this topic back in mind. Imagine what it would mean to someone losing a Victory BP. And I think this is a very easy thing to fix.

Edited by mikawa

That is, most certainly your fault. Certain ships can drop 3 or 4 blueprints (potentially) so you should always leave enough room for all possible drops.

It's not a flaw in the system.

This is an alpha and the OP highlighed an aspect of the game that could be modified in order to avoid loss of items (thus making the game less punitive) and you come here telling him it's his fault?

The recover of lost items for lack of space is a common feature in MMORPG so it could be for sure implemented in Naval action too.

• Like 2

This is definitely not my fault, sorry. How can you say that? You get a REWARD for your effort which is LOST -- This is very poor game design and should not appear at all. Additional room is very expensive so you can't always afford adding space. Sorry, this should have a HIGH priority or should appear as a warning in game BEFORE crafting.

There is a warning if you have no available slots in your warehouse. You were incredibly lucky that 3 BPs dropped in one build, it's just incredibly uncommon for it to occur and could potentially give away new BPs that the devs introduce without including them in patch notes (they did this with the essex) if they were to say you need X number of slots available.

Sure, we can check the API now and see what's new, but for those that don't know how, it removes any excitement of discovering a new ship BP that wasn't announced.

You are wrong.

In what way am I wrong? If the devs wanted there to be no risk of losing BPs, they wouldn't drop the way they do, and there'd be no RNG involved in getting them. Therefore the current system isn't flawed.

In what way am I wrong? If the devs wanted there to be no risk of losing BPs, they wouldn't drop the way they do, and there'd be no RNG involved in getting them. Therefore the current system isn't flawed.

In other words the current system is, therefore it is perfect?

You sure you're not mistaking Devs for Gods?

At any rate, this is a beta, and many things are still buggy or flawed, or even sloppily coded (GASP!). You cannot say anything that happens is intended because it happened in a released game, much less in a beta. Your reasoning is laughable.

• 6 months later...
47 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

The bug is still not solved, yesterday i broke a privateer, got the message saying not enough space in warehouse, made space (4 or 6 slots), retry, got the privateer bp in the list, the parts were in my warehouse, using all slots, but the blueprint is nowhere to be seen..

The current workaround is to empty additional slots to when the warning does not shown since the warning window mechanic considers only materials at the moment 

On 5/28/2016 at 7:35 AM, mikawa said:

Lots of priorities in line ahead of this one.

Edited by HardyKnox