Game-Labs Forum

Boarding preocess

Hi guys hi everybody

I would like to talk to you about the boarding. To begin like all frenchmen i am not good to talk and whrite in english.

-Where are come from this rules of the 3 kts? 

Because i think the best think to do with speed boarding is to implement one more thing : relative speed, like if a boat are at a speed differencial <1.5kts they can boarding. 

Regards. 

At low speed the rudder doesn´t have that much effect so the force is not enough to break the grappling hooks or the ropes attached to them.

A ship at 10knots speed would more likely break the hooks/ropes.

That´s my guess why there is a max speed set and not a relative speed difference.

The main problem would be:

- how to bring the ship to a halt ?

Even if you throw the grapples and cables, with relative stable speed being the same and if you want to stop your ship and the other doesn't the cable will snap.

The 3.5 maxium we have is quite generous.

I would like to see an upgrade that allows you to engage ships at a longer range and a slightly higher speed.

Like master craft grapples and hooks. Possibly giving you 8% more grappling range and +.8 knots boarding speed. With exceptional giving 10% more grappling range and +1.0 knots boarding speed.

To make boarding even more OP?

No...

To provide more diverse items. The more options players have to diversify their builds the better, in my opinion.

If boarding mechanics are over powered, you should discuss it in the combat mechanics forum here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/forum/33-combat-mechanics-discussions/

I love to see the creative combinations people can come up with in their builds and I enjoy the RPG elements that they offer. This is the suggestion forum and I am suggesting that it would be a welcomed addition to the game. I think it would be a very interesting to see. Balancing and tweaking will always be an issue and should not prevent the development of new and exciting features/items/ships. If we waited for perfect balance before adding anything new, they would've never made it out of sea trials.

Before this can be even considered you need to rework boarding in general not to make it into who presses the button at the last second meta, and seriously nerf boarding mods. Seriously gold boarding mods at the moment make the same difference as having a 46 cm Yamato gun upgrade on your line ship would be :D