Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Enrique el Navegante

Real Navigation for serious captains

Hi dear Developers.

I write this post to give some ideas about oceanic navigation in OW.

One of the best things in this game is that it was GPS less, (excepting 3rds apps like vedmed map and others). But the map included is very simple and we don't have any tool to navigate properly. You should use a better and map and add to it some tools like a ruler, a protractor, a pen, a drawing compass and a clock.

To allow this you should take out the F11 coordinates tool or change  the mechanics to be able to use it only sometimes in a day.

You should put some 3d landmarks in main islands, capes and gulfs like towers or lighhouses (maybe with a name over them like in the ports)

The OW spyglass should have a compass to know where are you looking at.

Thanks

• Like 2

A big thumbs up to this one.

I never use 3rd party apps or maps, as I find it far more fun doing the actual navigation in game. Adding the tools to the map that was available back in them olden days would be a very nice touch. The landmarks would definately be the cherry on top (we all like cherries) :D

Mads

Stuff like this probably will come at some point, right now it's not on top of the priority list.

• Like 1

Stuff like this probably will come at some point, right now it's not on top of the priority list.

Yes. Wich it shouldn't be indeed. But for later/released/at some point it would be very nice.

Mads

I completely agree here,  I would LOVE to be able to plot my own course using only a map and Bering Compass, Protractor and other tools like this.