Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.81 Patch notes

admin

Does that mean a ship will sink at 5% damage?   or that a teammate will get an assist for inflicting 5% damage?

If the ship sinks and you have dealt atleast 5% damage to it you will get rewarded with the kill/assist. I guess only the top damage dealer will get the kill reward, other who dealt 5% or more do get an assist. 

• Like 1

"Kill thresholds adjusted (reduced to 5% from 55% overall damage). You will get kills if you sink the ship by leaks if you did at least 5% of damage" (pre-patch announcement)

Edited by Captiva

Shootin mast not was OP, and rarely where used on big battles,  who cry about where crybabies becouse   organized clans could focus masts way better then group of randoms, invalidating their zergs vs gank squads.

This is a very good way to get your argument dismissed as trolling.

try shooting mid and top sections of the masts. They're easier to break. Admin also told you this last week already.

Yeah I forgot a Super Frigate designed to beat anything it was classed against and smaller and run away from threats of SoL... now the devs have made the Connie better than a SoL Inger.... Faster more Armour and what more HP as well?

GG devs :) I'll summit my response to you here and wait for the changes to fix this error. Consider this my test feedback... 9.81 update sucks.

Cya until after the next update :)

First you nerfed the Connie and now you buffed it above old values? *tocktocktoc

Consti is actually 6800, not 7000.

First you nerfed the Connie and now you buffed it above old values? *tocktocktock*

;)

A 4th rate is not a ship of the line in the early 19th century anymore.

Bommel, Constitution used to be 6700 iirc. So his question remains correct. If a bit irrelevant because values get changed all the time.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

A 4th rate is not a ship of the line in the early 19th century anymore.

Bommel, Constitution used to be 6700 iirc. So his question remains correct. If a bit irrelevant because values get changed all the time.

http://navalaction.wikia.com/wiki/Ingermanland

Well it's still a ship of the line... 

http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=ships_search

http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=10765

Arbitrary labels, not absolute but relative to time and nation of origin. Look at the size of Constitution's hull, and look into how it was constructed. Put a Bellona, Constitution, Trincomalee and Ingermanland side by side in game and compare. Constitution is basically a lightly-armed 74. Devs need to institute a rating system that doesn't use the historical approach based on guns, but instead is derived from a combat power rating that is a combination of firepower and protection. Implemented realistically into the game, Constitution might find herself a "3rd rate" under such a system. Seriously, Constitution presents a target the size of contemporary SoL and larger than an early 18th C. SoL. Why should she be both a huge, easy to hit target, but arbitrarily weakened to some intermediate values for protection because "not an SoL"?

Or we can just arbitrarily assign numbers to match arbitrary labels.

• Like 2

http://navalaction.wikia.com/wiki/Ingermanland

Well it's still a ship of the line...

Sure. From 1715. You can't recall compare a ship launched in 1715 with a ship launched in 1798. There's at least an 80 year gap in design, and the US heavy frigates were a radically new and groundbreaking design for their time. They were "hyper-advanced" in construction with new thinking in how to frame and brace the hull giving it extraordinary strength and stiffness. Meanwhile the Ingermanland is nothing special at all, really.

Sure that the Ingermanland is a SOL by size, and the number and weight of guns, but that doesn't automatically make it a superior ship. It's like saying that a Sherman tank is superior to a CV9040 infantry combat vehicle, just because it's a tank, even though the Sherman is from WW2 and the CV9040 from the mid 90s.

why couldnt you just leave the dam damage models alone there was nothing wrong with them as perceived by the players no one was complaining at all

now battles take forever and some of my few clanmates that are left are about to quit 

why do you fix things that are not broke or broke in your eyes but not the players and fix shit that needs to be fixed like port battles and the pirate nation and dont say we war working on it cause if you didnt work on the damage model that wasnt broke we would be closer to the other things fixed

you can afford to lose any more players the free tele was a nice change but the other changes in the patch blow

Yeah I forgot a Super Frigate designed to beat anything it was classed against and smaller and run away from threats of SoL... now the devs have made the Connie better than a SoL Inger.... Faster more Armour and what more HP as well?

GG devs :) I'll summit my response to you here and wait for the changes to fix this error. Consider this my test feedback... 9.81 update sucks.

Cya until after the next update :)

you do realize Inger is from 1715 and "Connie" from 1800??? Inger was SoL in early 18.century, but at the time Constitution was used, these light SoLs were no longer fit for line of battle... Ingermanland is obsolete type of ship. Its the Agammemnon you should be comparing against in the future...

English removed all 60gun ships by the 1750 from the battlefleets.. they were mostly downgunned to 50guns, or dismantled. They were just way too fragile to survive hits from 32pdr guns which started to be used as a main ship smashing gun on SoL... besides, Ingermannland should not even carry standard 32pdr guns... Russians used smaller caliber.

Cannon loss and grape damage

Cannon damage and grape damage is moved closer to old damage model where you had to lower planking integrity to inflict more casualties on guns or crews. Because cannonballs pass inside the ship inflicting damage while they retain energy you will still get more damage done by raking through stern or bow.

Just tested a stern rake with grapeshot on a 0% HP stern. It was like before patch killing 70+ crew. However, the rudder of target was also broken. Somehow, grapeshot is doing damage similar to ballshot.

Also, tried to shoot on a 100% HP broadside another time. Grapeshot has done insane damage through broadside killing 80+ crew as if broadside has 0% HP.

Just tested a stern rake with grapeshot on a 0% HP stern. It was like before patch killing 70+ crew. However, the rudder of target was also broken. Somehow, grapeshot is doing damage similar to ballshot.

Also, tried to shoot on a 100% HP broadside another time. Grapeshot has done insane damage through broadside killing 80+ crew as if broadside has 0% HP.

grape carries some damage - if you hit the weak part of the rudder you can cut the ropes for example etc

broadside need checking. Please always provide more data when reporting

i have no idea about hypothetical insane damage without talking ships, distances and angles

give specifics plz

grape carries some damage - if you hit the weak part of the rudder you can cut the ropes for example etc

i have no idea about hypothetical insane damage without talking ships, distances and angles

give specifics plz

Could you please confirm wether the 7000 structure for constitution is a typo or if it was supposed to be 7000 and the actual 6800 structure showing ingame is a bug?

What's new:

snip...

Other changes

• If clan creator deletes his character clan does not cease to exist - clan creator status will be transferred to one of the officers with the latest log in date.
  • Officers can now open and close clan warehouses
  • Ships of the line can now install cannons on stern (in addition to carronades)
  • In several countries with strict internet policies server list was not visible - this problem was fixed.

Discuss

So, now if an officer gets a bug up his arse, or by simple mistake - he can literally ruin the efforts of a hundred or more clan members - as a last "up yours" gesture? OR be really careful and really limited on who you make clan officers, since they can shaft the entire clan so badly.

With the item before this in place: If clan creator deletes his character clan does not cease to exist - clan creator status will be transferred to one of the officers with the latest log in date. - there is simply no NEED at all for officers to have the "big gun" authority to close the clan warehouse.

we almost lost 100M worth of supplies this very morning when a newer officer clicked on it with "humm what's this new button" --- thank god he wasn't mad at someone, or a spy, or stoopid ---- OMG!

It makes the clan warehouse 1/10 as useful - overnight.

• Like 2

Does that mean a ship will sink at 5% damage?   or that a teammate will get an assist for inflicting 5% damage?

The amount of damage you need to do to get kill/assist, just got out of a battle in witch i shot one broadside from a Pavel to a Bellona, boarded it and got an assist.

This is a very good way to get your argument dismissed as trolling.

try shooting mid and top sections of the masts. They're easier to break. Admin also told you this last week already.

Im quite certain that by now 90% of the games population dismiss it as trolling as soon as they see his nickname

why couldnt you just leave the dam damage models alone there was nothing wrong with them as perceived by the players no one was complaining at all

now battles take forever and some of my few clanmates that are left are about to quit 

why do you fix things that are not broke or broke in your eyes but not the players and fix shit that needs to be fixed like port battles and the pirate nation and dont say we war working on it cause if you didnt work on the damage model that wasnt broke we would be closer to the other things fixed

you can afford to lose any more players the free tele was a nice change but the other changes in the patch blow

So if i perceived differently does that make me something else other than a player ? O.o Also have you actually played after today's patch or just came to woe on how bad it is before even testing it ? 

give specifics plz

Thats right. As previous feedbacks, I was testing 3rd rate vs 3rd rate in AI missions. Shoots were made below 50m.

Trying to dublicate the results again now.

"Kill threshold reduced 10x times from 55% of overall hp to 5% overall hp"

hopefully fixes death by a 1000 leaks issues at game start! (or by one really good volley at mission start!) -- meaning we will get credit for sinking boats who receive multiple leaks, as long as we do 5% of the ships total HP in that same volley (or accumulated)