Game-Labs Forum

Non Outpost Shiparking

i was a big fan of "World of Pirates" back then i was younger, it might have been a 2d game but some gamemechanics would work for Navel Action aswell.

Like the mechanic that you wera ble to store ships whereever you want, instead of just allow to Store then in outpost. However the restriction that would be needed is that you need to sail said ship to a habour and store it there, you cant teleport there, cant send a ship there via tradehunting. Also you need to pay a Docking fee, depending on shipsize. Also that option should be aviable for only Nation habours, and not for free or neutral ports.

But to keep track for the ships you store we need a kind of Logbook, it should be accesable on sea aswell in ports.

• Like 1

And higher fees for higher Rank ships of course. But if you can't teleport to/from it i don't really see how you could use it, if not to buy a new ship there. Anyway cool feature to have, just in case.

I posted this in the patch 9.8 details

Need to limit the amount of outposts we can have say 5 deep ports and maybe 2 shallow or even just 5 ports in general to limit the ability to teleport everywhere and stop flags and battle ganks etc.

By limiting the amount of outposts and ships being able to store there it will make for better tactics and strategy setup.

Rough example of proposed idea

Nation Capital can store 5 ships

Regional Capital big enough to store SOL ships and limited by 2 ships

Medium ports store 4th and lower stores 2 ships, to small for SOL storage

Shallow Ports stores 2 ships

Make players think more about what they store there, if this still isnt working then further limitations are needed to maybe 1 ship per outpost, Will also need to remove teleport ship to outpost to stop players moving rate ships around quickly via surrender tactics, if you want to have it there you need to risk taking it there in a group. Promotes more strategy and more thought for everyone.

I believe that the no cooldown for teleports is a must to provide casual players the ability to feel more involved be able to achieve more in this game

For those clans that want to run an outpost or fleet out of an area on the map then they need an implementation of a clan dockyard to store ships and maybe making that their fleets capital and moving their storage capital to there possibly rather then the nations capital.

Proposed clan dockyard thread http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14183-clan-dockyard/

There needs to be a change to make it harder to abuse these new mechanics and make for more strategy.

• Like 1

I like the ideas presented by the OP and Speirs.  I would allow the National capital to have more than 5 ships in storage.  I love to collect ships.  I even have my Cerb I used for missions back when I had to use it.  So I would argue to allow more storage in National Capital and maybe where your primary shipbuilding occurs.  The amount?  Maybe 10 each.  The other outposts should be limited as presented by Speirs.  Other ports would have docking fees.

• Like 1

I like Speir's idea of having port size determine the class of ships you can berth (although I wouls increase the numer of berths at each).

I think the consequence of having to sortie a fleet of large ships would add a very good strategic dimension to the game.

Edited by GrapeShot
  • Like 1

I would like to see this added, the ability to "rent" dock space.

The larger the ship, the more it costs. An initial fee with storage fees over time. This game needs more gold sinks.

What would REALLY be cool is if the clan of the lord protector of the port was collecting the tax from those storage fees and contract fees and having it deposited into their clan warehouse.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Right now i just want to be able to leave my ship in a port and go check my buildings, outposts, or go craft something, play with a friend in an other port without having to sail half an hour to my nearest outpost or having to build a new one.