Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch changes - Wednesday 25th May

Going by memory is a lot i not use a conny, maybe they changed the values some patch ago , but i remember conny with extra planking liveoak buildstrenght having something around 8600 hp

while an inger with same setup have 7500?

Conny is the most Op ship in game, there is pretty much no reason to use any other frig, beside for trinco in a role of ganker, conny have much dps, much tank fairly fast and manouvrable.

inger before superarmor patch was better in term of dps, but not tank. if you reduce even more tank of inger, conny become the only ship that will be used in pb.

Looking at the port battle posts for SORRY fleet in the other thread you are using mostly nothing but Ingermanlands and just a few Connie while taking almost the entire gulf. If what you say is true, you don't seem to be following your own advice since you mostly use Ingers. Me thinks you doth protest to much. Edited by Bach

Why allow enter in port battle with invul timer?

It was great to be able to make a blockade instead of instant PB join

So hide 25 ppl in port, and don't care about the 50 ennemies in front of the harbor... nice

Why should ships that are already in port not be allowed to defend?

But if we have 2. then, block the instant teleport to the city that is under attack, because if they put ships their, there is no way to intercept them.

Is this really likely to be a problem? If ships are stationed at a port wouldn't they just undock and sail directly into the port battle? You can't realistically intercept them. Now does this mean the enemy might station 25 ships in the port ahead of time? Yes. But that only means you get a guaranteed contested port battle. It doesn't mean the defender will win. Not to mention the logistic required to pull it off. First they have to reasonably know you will attack that port. All 25 would have to either have outposts in that port or they have to log off in that port fore going any other play on the character until you attack. Not to mention they would have had to sail all the ships to that port ahead of time. Again, worst case scenario, after the enemy manages to jump through all these hoops they just get a fair chance to defend the port.

Way to many of us are getting way to comfortable with easy one sided port battles. Game needs the RvR revamp as soon as possible before we all start looking for lopsided port battles as the expected norm.

Edited by Bach

Please remove the Nation tag when the smugler flag is enabled.

and make it possible to get permanent upgrades when braking up a ship. e.g If  I by dump luck :-) manage to capture an eceptionel player ship with eceptionel perm upgrades, I should be able to salvage them if I deside to break up the ship. maybe at one lvl lower, so an eceptionel upgrade would give you an mastercraftet after salvage

Edited by Reorx Redbeard

Liveoak is irrelevant, because it's a % modifier applied to all ships equally.

Unless your argument really is that a live oak Constitution has more armor than a Fir Ingermanland. Is it?

Ya currently the Inger just chews up a Connie, where as in the last patch they were quite well balanced.

Forgive me if posted before but a very important thing is missing:

Fixing the ghostlike cannon balls that just pass through the enemy ships without any contact to hull, wood splittering or anything else.

Video example:

Credits to Cpt Blackthorne

Mainly but not only seen while fighting enemy ai ships.

Edited by isard
  • Like 1

Fixing the ghostlike cannon balls that just pass through the enemy ships without any contact to hull, wood splittering or anything else.

Video example:

This, I do not like to shoot and have the cannon balls just magically disappear because of the new magic armor meta. 

• Like 1

-Grape damage bugs are fixed. Destroyed planking will allow better grape penetration

Great, thanks for the quick fix , good thing to see a cooldown on port captures, 3 days is a good start, had liked to see a full week cooldown but it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

There is no reason a captain cannot teleport to a local ship to assist in the defence, but put a block on a "Sent to Outpost" ship being used for a longer period than a PB allows you entry.

The function was designed to send prizes to a suitable outpost, not teleport your combat ships across the map to take part in a PB. Its a mechanic that players will use because it is available and as we know any conflict of arms, each side will use all tools available to them.

It merely works outside of the spirit of the game. We as players get a big enough bonus now by being able to tp to an outpost, lets not lose that benefit by brutally using mechanics to swamp PB's using a combat ship from the other side of the world.

We cannot play a strategic wargame if there is nothing strategic about it. Longer timers for captured ports before they can be attacked again should give players time to move an attacking fleet into position etc.

Otherwise you are merely making an arena game with a few frills, which I'm sure most players would like to stay away from.

• Like 6

There is no reason a captain cannot teleport to a local ship to assist in the defence, but put a block on a "Sent to Outpost" ship being used for a longer period than a PB allows you entry.

I'd rather see teleport to outpost disappear completely, but that's pretty brilliant.

Another thing about chain...

why does it reload slower than regular shot

why does it not scale with cannon size?

Edited by Quineloe

the changes are not guaranteed. we will see if we can avoid abuse by purchasing the flags to lock the PB in an efficient way. If it is not possible that change won't be done untill the cool down is tied to actual contested status.

1) What about making the cool down only if the flag was set in port (the battle started). 

2) Cooldown only for one nation. If brits bought the flag ent set it they have CD, but pirates don't have it.

This will make abusing very difficult.

What about lowering mast thickness a little? most 3rd rate and up masts are a 100 thick, really hard to penetrate for the small ships. They have to be point blank and cannot bring there guns to bear that close.

This, I do not like to shoot and have the cannon balls just magically disappear because of the new magic armor meta.

W6ceo4t.png

Hotfix changes. 

1. Reinforcements zones will be increased in size and moved closer to each other. This will reduce their spawns in land and make joining existing battles more comfortable.
  2. Invulnerability timer will allow entry to port battles
  3. Invulnerability timer will pull you to instance if the battle is created in your vicinity. This will stop group splitting if you are located in the area of the attack under invulnerability timer. It will still not let you enter battles if you are far away from your main group.
  4. Port battle assault flag creation cooldown is added - 3 days. Assault flags will not be generated for ports that were captured 3 days ago or less (tentative change, might not happen)
  5. Chain shot accuracy will be somewhat increased
  6. Grape damage bugs are fixed. Destroyed planking will allow better grape penetration
  7. Cannon loss addressed. Destroyed planking will affect cannon destruction but the main damage to guns will happen during raking
  8. Penetration values will be adjusted for ships of the line
  9. Cannon penetration values will be tuned a bit
  10. Ingermanland and Indiaman are in the wrong place in the food chain. HP and planking values for these ships will be adjusted
  11. Kill thresholds adjusted (reduced to 5% from 55% overall damage). You will get kills if you sink the ship by leaks if you did at least 5% of damage)
  12. Single ship missions distance to bots reduced 
  13. OW mission distance on high level missions reduced by 10-20% on average

If we have missed anything important please tell is in comments they might get in if they only affect gameplay values.

These will be the most welcomed.

Edited by Woody051
  • Like 4

Logically if their ships are in port they don't even have to sail anywhere. They fight right in the harbor. But lets see

what about we have an option to join port battle if you are inside the port. But keep the current system so the screening fleet still important to block enemy ship to join the port battle.

Edited by Nash
  • Like 1

The function was designed to send prizes to a suitable outpost, not teleport your combat ships across the map to take part in a PB. Its a mechanic that players will use because it is available and as we know any conflict of arms, each side will use all tools available to them.

This seems like the best idea so far. When you send a ship to 'outpost' put a 1hr cooldown on its usage.

Then allow ships EXITING a port to enter (only) a Port Battle when immune (or better join from IN PORT)

I am worried about reading how smuggler flag is being used to hide port flags/fleets etc. Sheeesh, this is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Jeheil

Video example:

some of the cannon balls might be passing through the gun ports rest bouncing, can kinda see some of them go into the water after impact.

This seems like the best idea so far. When you send a ship to 'outpost' put a 1hr cooldown on its usage.

Then allow ships EXITING a port to enter (only) a Port Battle when immune (or better join from IN PORT)

I am worried about reading how smuggler flag is being used to hide port flags/fleets etc. Sheeesh, this is why we can't have nice things.

Putting a one hour cool down on "send to outpost" would literally mean that if i capture 2 enemy ships in fast succession i have to leave one of my prizes ? I would much rather see what a lot of people have already suggested, of the ship that you send to the outpost taking time to get to the outpost depending on the distance, or better yet the ship sailing in open world captained by an NPC

As for the smuggler abuse of flags, couldn't pirates do that from the beginning of time ? :D 

Think ioof

Why allow enter in port battle with invul timer?
It was great to be able to make a blockade instead of instant PB join
So hide 25 ppl in port, and don't care about the 50 ennemies in front of the harbor... nice

it this way.. Ships Inside a port under attack cant be blockaded.. they are Already there.. Honestly yuou should be able to enter a Port Battle directly from the Port screen without even going into open world.. your already there

It makes sense -some at least- combined with teleport and the ability to "send" a ship to your outpost  ..  

I like teleports , and do not would like forbiding it to "blockaded" or "under attack" port ( hate unoposed PBs) but preventing sending ships to those outpost seems (to me) the right thing to be done.

I get that.,.. easier fix and make more sense is.. you can't TP a"ship"into a port with an active attack flag or battle in progress... but 

Kill thresholds adjusted (reduced to 5% from 55% overall damage). You will get kills if you sink the ship by leaks if you did at least 5% of damage)

Do everyone who did 5% will get kill? Or only one person?

What about this system:

Ship sinks. It got X damage. It meens that X damage was enough to sink it.

X is 100% of damage taken by this ship.

Player who did more damage then others get Kill.

Others get assist.

Doesn't metter if it was 1 damage or 10000... percentage only metters.

And it should be smth about sails and crew damage to get at least assist too.