Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch changes - Wednesday 25th May

Going by memory but i remember conny with extra planking liveoak buildstrenght having something around 8500 hp

while an inger with same setup have 7500? 

Conny is the most Op ship in game, there is pretty much no reason to use any other frig, beside for trinco in a role of ganker,        conny have much dps, much tank fairly fast and manouvrable.

inger before superarmor patch was better in term of dps, but not tank.         if you reduce even more tank of inger, conny become the only ship that will be used in pb.

well in the patch the inger got more structure while the one of the connie was reduced, You are thinking prepatch numbers.

Maybe add the ability for players to put money in the warehouse/retrieve even if not in the port where the warehouse was made?

We can already free teleport, is it really that annoying to teleport back quickly and add or withdraw funds? Did a test with a connie vs the Ingermanland in a duel and from starting location the connie broadsides all bounced while the ingermanlands 32's would only penetrate so if they worked out the penetration properly then another test to see which is more viable, tank vs firepower, i would think a connie with better maneuverability and armour should win over a ingermanland

Tbh pre armor patch conny-inger wer balanced,  with inger getting more dps and conny little more hp or similar hp (is a super frig not a sol afterall) with armor patch inger get better becouse 24 dont penetrate anything, but 2 day ago i was in a battle vs many conny and my inger with 32 where not getting much penetration vs liveoak conny... 80% bounced even under 250

So nerf inger based on this patch not have much sense.

ps: ronald speirs,  inger have better turning rate then conny..

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

If we have missed anything important please tell is in comments they might get in if they only affect gameplay values.

Yep, don't let the flag carrier able to attack an as smuggler flaged palyer. it's an easy way to exploid the smuggler mechanic and to "hide" the own flag. Or lets say, a smuggler should be unflagged directly if he is to near a port battle map. Even if the flag carrier is not attacking the smuggler someone else of the port battle fleet could do it. The smuggler should turn directly in a normal Player and have to go to a port again to be a smuggler again

Disable surrender if for ships which have leaks or are going to sink (will disable kill "stealing" or at least the ship can be captured then)

Edited by ITFHunter

Hotfix changes. 

1. Invulnerability timer will pull you to instance if the battle is created in your vicinity. This will stop group splitting if you are located in the area of the attack under invulnerability timer. It will still not let you enter battles if you are far away from your main group.
  2. Kill thresholds adjusted (reduced to 5% from 55% overall damage). You will get kills if you sink the ship by leaks if you did at least 5% of damage)

If we have missed anything important please tell is in comments they might get in if they only affect gameplay values.

ok question about 1 (formerly known as 3)

Does this mean if you undock while someone of your nation is running an attack that you can get pulled into that battle within 1-2 seconds of undocking?

and 2 (formerly known as 11)

Does this mean I can put two broadsides into someone to take them to <95%, then board and receive a kill too?

If so, that would be great, especially for PVP where you rarely can risk shooting someone to kill threshold without them just turning off survival and sinking.

• Like 2

the most important thing i would like to see fixed is that disconecting crap all the time.

nothing more frustrating than disconecting 5/7 times during a PB or mission.

and a fix for the pirates cuz either you make it a nation and take away their bonuses or you make it a non nation cuz its stupid like it is now, when you start the game its say´s pirate dificulty is hard???  lol 

Yep, don't let the flag carrier able to attack an as smuggler flaged palyer. it's an easy way to exploid the smuggler mechanic and to "hide" the own flag. Or lets say, a smuggler should be unflagged directly if he is to near a port battle map. Even if the flag carrier is not attacking the smuggler someone else of the port battle fleet could do it. The smuggler should turn directly in a normal Player and have to go to a port again to be a smuggler again

Very good point

<<"Disable surrender if for ships which have leaks or are going to sink (will disable kill "stealing" or at least the ship can be captured then)"

Do not disable please, count it as "killed" for reward purposes (if 5% damage)  ...I hope some time in the future ships surrender more frequently  than now ..not less

Why allow enter in port battle with invul timer?

It was great to be able to make a blockade instead of instant PB join

So hide 25 ppl in port, and don't care about the 50 ennemies in front of the harbor... nice

Edited by tatannn

the changes are not guaranteed. we will see if we can avoid abuse by purchasing the flags to lock the PB in an efficient way. If it is not possible that change won't be done untill the cool down is tied to actual contested status.

Is it possible to add dedicated Conquest window that will show:

-My Nation Ports That are Under Attack

-Port Battle Schedules and Windows

-Ports controlled per Nation

I would like to have a window where players would:

Open window

Vissually Understand Nation situation and conquest

Check what Port Battles are available

Plan ahead

• Like 1

So hide 25 ppl in port, and don't care about the 50 ennemies in front of the harbor... nice

Logically if their ships are in port they don't even have to sail anywhere. They fight right in the harbor. But lets see

Liveoak conny have more hp, and is a frig, vs a 4th rate.

Liveoak is irrelevant, because it's a % modifier applied to all ships equally.

Unless your argument really is that a live oak Constitution has more armor than a Fir Ingermanland. Is it?

Open window

Plan ahead

Fantastic suggestion! I hope this idea is added to the game.

Edited by Captiva

Yes, if your ships are already in the port that is being attacked they should be able to defend it.

What you are proposing makes no sense at all. Blockade a port to prevent the ships in it from fighting for that port? T_T

• Like 1

Yes, if your ships are already in the port that is being attacked they should be able to defend it.

What you are proposing makes no sense at all. Blockade a port to prevent the ships in it from fighting for that port? T_T

It makes sense -some at least- combined with teleport and the ability to "send" a ship to your outpost  ..  

I like teleports , and do not would like forbiding it to "blockaded" or "under attack" port ( hate unoposed PBs) but preventing sending ships to those outpost seems (to me) the right thing to be done.

Edited by Eishen
  • Like 1

Open window

Plan ahead

+1

And Log windows should be linking the patchnote and devnews with dailyupdate... Much people do not use forums some even do not know that is existing :D

Logically if their ships are in port they don't even have to sail anywhere. They fight right in the harbor. But lets see

I can understand IRL physic but here it's a game

I just imagine a possible exploit.

With unlimited teleport and send to outpost mecanics.

1) sail in basic cutter to the attacked port.

2) create outpost

3) teleport to an other outpost with 1 of your ship in

4) attack a smuggler teamates or a IA Trader, 

5) send to outpost the combat ship.

6) teleport back to your port.

7) enter PB ..

you can do it in 15/20 mins. enought to join the PB.

So , keep all your ships in your capital, just get empty outpost everywhere and teleport whole fleet where you need it at the right moment.

In my opinion this is not good for gameplay at all

Solutions:

1) keep 120s invul before enter in PB ( able to being attack by screen fleet ) ( more players = more chance to win )

2) Make Impossible to teleport to a port if under attack ( flag created )

• Like 1

The spanish are exploiting this hard at Little Cayman right now. This is the truest form of game mechanics benefiting a zerg force. If you have 25 players more than your enemy, you can take every port and they will not be able to defend at all, because even if you can disengage in the fight, you can't enter the PB for 2 minutes, but they can retag you after 30 seconds. Just tag over and over and over and over. Over and over and over and over.

It's basically griefplay to deny your opponent the chance to play himself.

So please don't defend this mechanic with some obtuse teleport to outpost mechanics. We can only have 8 outposts, and most of them are in freetowns and in the capital, which can't be attacked to begin with. I don't have a single outpost in a port that is attackable.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

Make EVENT CROSSED SWORDS a different colour to MISSION CROSSED SWORDS.

Edited by Dius
  • Like 11