Game-Labs Forum

The betrayal of the AUSEZ to the British Empire

It should be temporary. We would have come to help liberate America as the British, but every other British clan except AUSEZ had shifted East and there was no way we could have gotten to you past the pirates and the Spanish all alone.

Actually there was a campaign to help the Americans (I was there with the SLRN), other clans were there too. The intent was to help the yanks - I don't know why it failed but it wasn't through lack of trying

• Like 1

Hey the Dutch Nation is there to help also but we are struggling to convince the French of the real danger that we are all facing. As soon as the East is clear of hostilities we will be back up there with you all (Good Guys) :)

• Like 4

Honestly if the AUSEZ is not even happy being part of the Pirate as some voices here in the Thread make it out to be. Then why didnt you join up with another nations?

One of the underdogs for example or atleast one that is not the dominating force on the Map?

• Like 1

Honestly if the AUSEZ is not even happy being part of the Pirate as some voices here in the Thread make it out to be. Then why didnt you join up with another nations?

One of the underdogs for example or atleast one that is not the dominating force on the Map?

Its because you can easily make the move and keep items rather then going a step further and finding a trusted group on another nation to store your items while you remake a character

• Like 1

It all went south because we surrendered to the pirates.

Is that what you'll tell the press when you have naught but Port Royal?

Nobody surrendered.  May look that way, but that's not the case at all.  Why else do you think SORRY's been so insistent?

• Like 1

Its because you can easily make the move and keep items rather then going a step further and finding a trusted group on another nation to store your items while you remake a character

I agree that it was the easy road they chose, but they wouldn´t have had to find a trusted group, they could have traded with eachother, while the first half/quarter changes the nation by recreating their chars.

I agree that it was the easy road they chose, but they wouldn´t have had to find a trusted group, they could have traded with eachother, while the first half/quarter changes the nation by recreating their chars.

Pirates is the only choice if you don't want to loose your discovered BP's, i made the move from France to Brits on February, sent most of my stuff to someone who had moved there previously etc, but lost the few BP's i had and had to make all the work again to get them, hopefully i wasn't very lucky with BP's drops at this time when the drop system was worse than now and despites being already quite high level in craft for this time-frame i did not lost much and restarted from zero with Brits, now it will be impossible for me just because of the BP's i will loose in the process , missing only 2 of them, won't try to get them all again for sure, was already painful enough to get where i am now and still is for the last 2 missing BP's... 

I´m well aware of this fact Kanay and it´s the main reason why so many players chose to go pirate instead of switching to other nations, I just wanted to point out that switching to another nation is doable without having to find a group you trust.

My respond was only directed at Ronalds statement.

Devs realy need to turn off the ability to keep all your BPs and not having to worry about your "mobile" assets when turning pirates untill they finished "fixing" the pirate nation! ;)

• Like 1

I´m well aware of this fact Kanay and it´s the main reason why so many players chose to go pirate instead of switching to other nations, I just wanted to point out that switching to another nation is doable without having to find a group you trust.

My respond was only directed at Ronalds statement.

Devs realy need to turn off the ability to keep all your BPs and not having to worry about your "mobile" assets when turning pirates untill they finished "fixing" the pirate nation! ;)

i thought about it the other day as well . If you turn pirate, you should lose your BPs since your "ship builders" will not join pirate with you.

Spain like this. Spain see he wont be the only one with civil wars. Spain is happy. Spain will conquer London.

Dear Capitán CeltiberoCaesar.

I beg to differ with you, Sir.

Indeed, this thread provides magnificent enjoyment to a Spanish Captain, so similar to our own Spanish forum which, unfortunately for the uneducated among us that cannot understand our beautiful and universal language, contains insults and offences rich and frequent, worthy of a thorough read.

You are right. Spain is happy but, Why would we want to conquer London? Such foul weather and food. Not to talk about the women there (see attached picture for comparative illustration). I´d take Havana, with a glass of rum in one hand, a cigar in my mouth and two mulatas sitting in my lap, any time over London.

Don Sancho Navarro, Capitán de Fragata

Edited by Don Sancho Navarro
  • Like 1

Uh, no we didn't. SORRY wanted us to and we refused, and now we're working at retaking some of our ports.

I really hope the US can recover. What happened to you is not good for the game.

This is my personal opinion. I don´t speak for my clan or my faction.

Don Sancho Navarro, Capitán de Fragata

Not to talk about the women there (see attached picture for comparative illustration). I´d take Havana, with a glass of rum in one hand, a cigar in my mouth and two mulatas sitting in my lap, any time over London.

This is some damn fine evidence.

Cya Brits..

A week ago AUSEZ clan decided to go down with the Black Plague. We would go Pirate, live the life and see if we could take on Truxillo.

At the battle of Ysil we encountered our first resistance, the remains of AUSEZ clan. It was actually the first sign of my conclusion and assertion I'll make at the end.

But lets not get ahead yet. Previous to the switch, our PvP-ers went over into OOPS. Immediately there was a change of pace in the clan. They had a good time fighting up north against the US nation.

Meanwhile we had to move our inventory into free ports. It was fun from a logistical point of view.
As we moved in large La Gross Ventre groups, slowly the server started to get a whiff of what we were up to. The hunt was on and we lost some of our fully loaded LGVs.
People say it is easy to switch to Pirate. I would phrase this as, it is not hard to switch to Pirate. Lets just say a lot of gold was lost in terms of materials and outposts.
Again a good time was had by both ourselves and the ones chasing the LGVs.

Back to the fight at Ysil, it was memorably as the last of AUSEZ made their final stand. For now I'll not tell the tale what happened, but it was grand.

Moving among the coast we did not expect much resistance, so the ports fell quickly until Tulum.

At Tulum the Chinese clan VVVV made an honorable stand-off. While the numbers and ships in the line-up were against them, they did not cave in and put up very good fight.
Again I say, good time times on both sides.

Then came the battle of Congrios. A couple brave SLRN guys gave it a shot but to no avail. We won the battle, but at a very high cost though.
In the aftermath we suffered from attrition. That even a couple of SLRN showed up made a big difference to the story. Let me just say, it was another memorable battle and keep it at that.

As the others ports fell beside us with just a handful of ships turning up for defense, we said to one-another lets move hard on Truxillo. And thus we turned to Ruatan.

By now we were doing port-battles so frequently we had it down to almost an art. We spotted the grape bug. And as true Pirates we "abused" this to do port battle in 5 minutes. :)

"Surely they will defend Trux!?" was said. I already was telling the clan, no it will not.

Admin was too late with the hot-fix to save Truxillo. ;)
And Truxillo fell within a couple of minutes, to be switched over to Pirates 15 minutes later.

Someone said, "We should switch back to British and go back north." :) But it would amount to the same thing again, we would rumble-stomp north through empty harbours.

To me the move of AUSEZ to Black has been a very good thing. I think the rabit hole should work both ways though.

And here is how I think of it currently, players should be able to provide story and content to the game at their own leisure and conditions.
AUSEZ could not, because of various reasons, AUSFC has been so far by going down with the Black Plague.

But, it will not last. The Ausies timezone can only pit them against US and Chinese. So regardless of Pirate mechanics or Nation stuff, we must have means of providing gameplay to all timezones.
In this regard the teleport timer removal is a breath of fresh air. I think if the option presents itself, we might even switch to US or Dutch or whatever.

So at the end, the game should give players options, not limitations. And then it only becomes a matter of "are you unwilling or incapable of playing the game?"

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1

By now we were doing port-battles so frequently we had it down to almost an art. We spotted the grape bug. And as true Pirates we "abused" this to do port battle in 5 minutes. :)

I think Fish should give me that upgrade back from that bet considering after all it was a bug :P (Me and Fish made a bet that you could kill crew of towers via grape, at the time we didn't know of the bug so i was proved wrong)