Game-Labs Forum

The betrayal of the AUSEZ to the British Empire

I have been offline during several weeks and now I wish to know, as many others, why of this betrayal before more lies begin to spread across the nation. At the same time, we need to know what are we going to do against them.

The playerbase who only read the national chat and this forum deserves some answers from the high command.  

• Like 1

There are various reasons and all of them are valid.

Our relationship with the council deteriorated very quickly starting a fire under some butts.

The Pirates are broken so making it more obvious might get more action sooner.

Boredom - Rear admirals who want PVP and had limited targets wanted to see if there is a difference in going pirate.

All in all we wanted a change to what we had been doing for the last several months.

In the end it was lack of trust from the council and claims based on limited information and some of our guys getting caught out when things happened we didn't get informed about that triggered it all. We had been advocating that everyone goes black to spur on change to the pirates since even the notion of making pirates "just another nation under the same rules" had not been implemented even though there were obvious issues with their current mechanics.

The last patch actually evened things up a bit but unfortunately we were already on the move due to our diplo issues and people being salty about recent events where we got the short end of the stick through no fault of our own by our view.

Its just a new adventure for us sailing around pixel ships.  Remember it's alpha so breaking and fixing things is a good thing.....we can now highlight things we think are not quite right. Bear in mind we have a collective of players and a collective of games we have played and many of us are hardcore gamers all the way back from Everquest and even text MUDs so we have seen a lot of games issues and such.  The benefits of releasing a fully functioning game vs a badly functioning game are well worth a few salty tears in alpha/beta. 

I am not going to say that we are completely being high and noble about our move as there are certainly some grievances but as many on the council know we try to understand the game as much as we try to play it.  The curse of people who Min/Max and do statistical analysis is that we tend to see the underlying flaws and get pissed about them existing after months of advocating for solution.

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 8

The AUSEZ left because they were getting yelled at by the British to help with other wars when they were busy with the gulf, they were basically botted out of their country by their own country. The exact same thing that happend to SORRY so I would expect a war coming your way from AUSEZ. So in the end, here's a tip. STOP PISSING OFF CLANS and they won't leave a country. This is the truth and no bullshit. 

• Like 8

I have been offline during several weeks and now I wish to know, as many others, why of this betrayal before more lies begin to spread across the nation. At the same time, we need to know what are we going to do against them.

The playerbase who only read the national chat and this forum deserves some answers from the high command.  

I'm sorry but no you don't need answers, We made the call for various reasons, ones that i will not state here as it will begin a he said she said argument.

Now one of the things that really pissed me off when i made the switch last night was a comment made by a player (BWITC i think it was after we attacked him to switch) was "AUSEZ has brainwashed you". We as players voted and made the call to switch, it should not concern the rest of the game population. 

See you on the high seas.

Jager

Formally AUSEZ

• Like 2

The AUSEZ left because they were getting yelled at by the British to help with other wars when they were busy with the gulf, they were basically botted out of their country by their own country. The exact same thing that happend to SORRY so I would expect a war coming your way from AUSEZ. So in the end, here's a tip. STOP PISSING OFF CLANS and they won't leave a country. This is the truth and no bullshit.

Consider your source and try again. ;)

Ausez are now free from your king yoke, once black never back.  Seams that brit not learned anything from your USA pets, never piss of a good group in your nation?

We welcome our new brothers, with all the respect they deserve 

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

yeah we made the move finally due to anger and frustration but as i mentioned the game is broken at the high end at the moment and although they are adjusting some aspects I and many others believe there are fundamental issues with pirates as they are.  By changing some parts of the game but not correcting the pirates to an even playing field falsifies the results.  The PVP issues and the RVR issues will become more and more obvious as time goes on so break the game now and it might be fixed when it goes BETTA? version.

• Like 4

Ausez are now free from your king yoke, once black never back.  Seams that brit not learned anything from your USA pets, never piss of a good group in your nation?

We welcome our new brothers, with all the respect they deserve 

I wouldnt say we wont go back :P, as much welcome and support we have got from the black flag we don't believe too strongly in a pirate lifestyle is truly what we want long term as all players should hope the Devs address the pirate issues and stop the black creep going further. On this note, I have been gone for a while and comparing what I heard from my clan mates and seeing what was posted in brit chat after the switch and the pure rubbish that it was I holey support the move. But if we remove all the bad toxic junk the key issue we want to address is the pirate mechanics, which we have been worried about since the steam release and have watched as the problem grew as clans before us did the switch and have made a pirate empire and a truce... Now with 1st rates and player truces they are overpowering nations which is just sad. We hope that before this next update(Map wipe) the other major clans will also go pirate at the end and truly paint the map black to make the devs take action to avoid having half the player base play Pirate and become a snowball that people join not for the solo, raider and backstabbing life that a pirate should have and instead chose it for the "winning".

• Like 5

As the leader of AUSEZ and now AUSFC I will say there are many reasons why we left Britain but... We do not answer to you nor are you entitled to any explanations. Suffice to say what you read in BRIT chat is clearly a very biased opinion for the most part.

Think and do what you will - I highly doubt making a public forum post about how to deal with us is the best strategy.

• Like 1

Wow that is the answer. I was wondering why we Spanish captured those Mexican ports so easily with the help of our pirates friends. 

That is also good to balance the player base of the pacific time zone. The end of British monopoly over that can never be better. 

You Brits now have to be up early or very late, or sacrifice working hours like we Spaniards to defend their ports  :)

Also setting the port capture window to 10-12 no longer guarantees invincibility from captures. We now can have "relatively"  more even fights with our enemies.

I wouldnt say we wont go back :P, as much welcome and support we have got from the black flag we don't believe too strongly in a pirate lifestyle is truly what we want long term as all players should hope the Devs address the pirate issues and stop the black creep going further. On this note, I have been gone for a while and comparing what I heard from my clan mates and seeing what was posted in brit chat after the switch and the pure rubbish that it was I holey support the move. But if we remove all the bad toxic junk the key issue we want to address is the pirate mechanics, which we have been worried about since the steam release and have watched as the problem grew as clans before us did the switch and have made a pirate empire and a truce... Now with 1st rates and player truces they are overpowering nations which is just sad. We hope that before this next update(Map wipe) the other major clans will also go pirate at the end and truly paint the map black to make the devs take action to avoid having half the player base play Pirate and become a snowball that people join not for the solo, raider and backstabbing life that a pirate should have and instead chose it for the "winning".

This is a good answer to Lord Vicious and his clan to what they are doing to this game. Many things must be repaired by the devs.

• Like 2

What I heared from AUSEZ, is that they mainly took the step because of the broken mechanic.

I had the pleasure to be in battle in with them once or twice against spain.

Enjoyed it very much!

These guys are no pirates and I hope they are going to come back to GB and I am sure, they will be welcome to do so.

I don't know what happened in communitcations with the council. I am not into these things...

Though I won't change to the black flag whatever happens, I can understand why people do it. But it is still the wrong thing to do!

My concern is, that the game keeps on bleeding players because of the pirate plague and that it might be too late when the patch to fix everything  hits in some months.

• Like 2

Thank you to the Ausez guys for presenting your point of view here in a calm, respectful and reasonable manner.

Without knowing the rights and wrongs of what happened it is good to see that you are not 'throwing your toys out of the pram' and screaming for revenge due to your grievances as others would do.

Good luck, t'was fun fighting alongside you so many times and I hope to see you back and relationships mended/misunderstandings cleared in due course.

Captain Underpants BWTC

• Like 10

Thank you to the Ausez guys for presenting your point of view here in a calm, respectful and reasonable manner.

Without knowing the rights and wrongs of what happened it is good to see that you are not 'throwing your toys out of the pram' and screaming for revenge due to your grievances as others would do.

Good luck, t'was fun fighting alongside you so many times and I hope to see you back and relationships mended/misunderstandings cleared in due course.

Captain Underpants BWTC

What I heared from AUSEZ, is that they mainly took the step because of the broken mechanic.

I had the pleasure to be in battle in with them once or twice against spain.

Enjoyed it very much!

These guys are no pirates and I hope they are going to come back to GB and I am sure, they will be welcome to do so.

I don't know what happened in communitcations with the council. I am not into these things...

Though I won't change to the black flag whatever happens, I can understand why people do it. But it is still the wrong thing to do!

My concern is, that the game keeps on bleeding players because of the pirate plague and that it might be too late when the patch to fix everything  hits in some months.

More or less my point of view. Guys you have nothing to do with SORRY, I really enjoyed sailing alongside you all and hope to do it again in the future (obviously under Brit Flag ;) ). Good luck and have fun and possibly...go easy on us :P;):D!!!

• Like 4

myself coming from pvp3 , i was looking forward to playing and grouping with u guys. even on the US side on 3 i had heard of you. i had been able to talk with a few of you in brit chat the other day and must say you guys are a very cool bunch of guys .

fair winds to ya and if we fight each other , i always tip my hat in honor of fighting ya.

• Like 3