Game-Labs Forum

How do you change nation and are their penalties for doing so?

Bulwyf

You have to delete and recreate your character, you keep your crafting and regular experiance. The rest is lost unless given to someone to keep untill you can retrieve it as your new character.

Or you take the easy way. Attack one of your nations captains. Turn pirate and keep all your stuff....

Hmm.. I wonder why their are so many pirates...

Only stuff in Free Ports. Still requires a measure of planning IF a player never acted Corsair. And I agree should be the same across the board.

You have to delete and recreate your character, you keep your crafting and regular experiance. The rest is lost unless given to someone to keep untill you can retrieve it as your new character.

Olav I think he means learned\known blueprints that have been absorbed by his character (right clicked on and used\consumed by his character). I would have assumed these would have written themselves to crafting XP.

Have established through testing that learned Blueprints do not transfer, crafting experience and general experience does. Be nice if this was fixed so the BPs went as well, they are a huge amount of work to get especially for someone like myself at crafting level 50 with almost all BPs learned. Penalties in lost factories, shipyards etc are quite enough to make the move daunting without this added penalty.. 

We are considering a transfer simply because we have trouble communicating in our nation, unfortunately the French insist on speaking French :) Makes it hard to take part in the defence.

• Like 1

Have established through testing that learned Blueprints do not transfer, crafting experience and general experience does. Be nice if this was fixed so the BPs went as well, they are a huge amount of work to get especially for someone like myself at crafting level 50 with almost all BPs learned. Penalties in lost factories, shipyards etc are quite enough to make the move daunting without this added penalty.. 

We are considering a transfer simply because we have trouble communicating in our nation, unfortunately the French insist on speaking French :) Makes it hard to take part in the defence.

Currently the loss of BPs are the only deterant to nation hopping. Though it might be nice if we didn't lose them it's also nice when elite clans aren't changing nations every other month.

• Like 1

While it might go against your morals to fight against former countrymen, the Swedes have been great at running things practically only in English and always need more people ^^ Though our US/Aussie population is probably quite miniscule if those are the hours at which you guys operate.

*shameless Uncle Sam'yness* :D

I would say the largest group of Aussies turned pirate just the other day :P RP: Their lust for whores and their taste for rum was too good to refuse it would seem, there are other aussies out there including myself if you want to find your countrymen ;)

Currently the loss of BPs are the only deterant to nation hopping. Though it might be nice if we didn't lose them it's also nice when elite clans aren't changing nations every other month.

Hardly, I lost a huge amount in terms of shipyards and factories etc which collectively cost us probably 14 million gold. Given that Ive never been especially rich this was a big hit. BPs was worse because of the time factor but I wouldn't say that they are the only deterrent. For non crafter's they aren't a deterrent at all.

While it might go against your morals to fight against former countrymen, the Swedes have been great at running things practically only in English and always need more people ^^ Though our US/Aussie population is probably quite miniscule if those are the hours at which you guys operate.

*shameless Uncle Sam'yness* :D

We didn't really consider Sweden as we thought you would mainly speak Swedish of course. If I had known, might have gone that way :) Have two Swedish cars and love Swedish cinema so certainly not adverse to things Swedish.