Game-Labs Forum

[WIP] La Proserpine 3D model of a french 18pdr frigate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hello everyone,   Thought I'd drop my progress of this french frigate here, there is still a lot to be done but here's where I'm at so far. Atm the hull + rigging and masts is 90k triangles. Here

Just put some furled sails on her and baked out some ambient occlusion, think she's done for now unless I decide to sculpt a figurehead which would make it complete though...   got more final render

I haven't quit on her hehe. here is the reworked stern, completely changed the quarter deck gallery, added glass planes instead of a painted glass, closed the lower lids, etc...  

Posted Images

Why doesnt he made a model closer to reality so devs will have zero problems adding it to the game?

what do you mean?

He uses original plans and references. How much closer to reality can he possibly get?

If you mean Mirones' reply. That was a suggestion.

Beautiful frigate, but I don't think she would have the cabin on the quarterdeck in wartime.  You can see that 4 guns on the quarterdeck would be unusable.  It was not uncommon for warships to have additional structures for crew comfort on weather decks in peacetime.  Also ruins her beauty!

4?

Agree, that cabin looks ugly and would get blown to pieces during battle.  Please get rid of it. Everything else is gorgeous.   :)

• 2 weeks later...

1) Then the game is wrong and it should be modified to lower the yards when furling - a simple animation change that should offer minimal difficulty while improving appearance/accuracy considerably.

You've played the game, right?

I tend to explain away the permanently-hoisted yards by assuming that the sails are being clewed up to the yard, rather than furled.

This wouldn't be terribly common technique, but it makes a lot more sense in battle because it's a lot faster and no men are needed aloft.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, they got a lot of ships to complete first so I doubt they will review mine any time soon, if they even need mine though. In the meantime I'm working on a tiger ausf H1 atm which is coming along nicely, but looking at this post I get the urge to model ships again haha.

• 2 years later...