Game-Labs Forum

Allow post edits for 1-2 minutes after posting without forcing an "Edited by" message

This is a trivial thing and maybe I should just pay more attention before hitting the "Post" button, but:

Would it be possible to allow a window of maybe 1-2 minutes after posting for someone to fix gross spelling & grammatical errors without forcing an "Edited by So-and-So" message showing up?

For whatever reason, I am quite used to going back and proofreading / fixing my posts after the initial submit, because it's somehow easier for me to proofread that way than in the composer window.

As a result, probably 90% of my posts have an "Edited by Sanson Carrasco" message at the bottom... it's got to be annoying for others, I know it certainly is for me. But I'm not going to start leaving poorly written posts here.

I get that we don't want to have too much a problem with so-called "ninja edits", so maybe 1-2 minutes would be an OK compromise?

Just a thought... obviously very very very low priority! :)

Thanks for everything.

Sadly I think that the whole edit message is something that's part of the forum software suite that this server uses. Since it's not actually made by the devs, they really can't edit something like this.

Actually I'm pretty certain IP Board (the forum software this site uses) has a setting for this.

It might not take anything more than a couple mouse clicks :)

Actually I'm pretty certain IP Board (the forum software this site uses) has a setting for this.

It might not take anything more than a couple mouse clicks :)

Can't say I've ever managed an IP Board forum, so I can't say for certain. Most of the time it's just a blanket enable/disable for the edit message. I like having it, personally.

The software I've used doesn't allow a timeframe after editing like you suggest.  Only to keep or delete the option to notify on edits, and allows you to delete notification for certain priviledged groups like mods.  Not sure if all software is the same though.

I agree with you, I do the same to proofread beforehand but it seems quite frequent that after I re-read my posted message, it could've make more sense or there are stupid spelling errors.  You must be OCD, just like me. :P

• Like 1

Not sure, but I think this was changed... testing now :)

Hahah yes, there's now a tickbox for "Show an 'Edit by' line".

Thanks devs, you guys are wonderful. And yes, mild OCD has been suggested by a friend with psychotherapy training.. heheh.