Game-Labs Forum

Diplomatic enforcment

Hello,

My clan have been having a lot of trouble with our nation council diliberatly interfering with the agrements made with the other nations in our theater of war.

With the introduction of the dimplo patch soon we are more scared of this persicution due to excessive egos to the point of us being forced from the nation we chose. I don't think anyone wants the pirates to be the only populated nation.

With this in mind and searching for possable solutions, i came accross the idea of limiting the people that can buy flags from ports that have been captured.

The idea is say my clan capture the ports in an offencive that opens up a new area of trade for our nation, we then form peace alliances with the other nations clans that are opperating in the area. We the clan have the rights to choose who can and can not buy flags from the ports we have take to prevent "rogue clans" or "sabotageing council lead clans" from interferring with the territory we ourselves have carved out. but also have the ability to let other clans with an agreement buy flags from our clans ports to start there own offencives. (or let flags be tradeable items so our clan can buy it give to the other clan and when they plant the flag they become the lord protector).

I really think that this could be a very good way of ensureing that the council does not become a dictatorship. but then i would think that it is my idea :D

please consider and if you have any suggestions for improving / changing the idea let them be know because right now my clan looses more players to the council systems pollitical bollocks than anything else.

• Like 1

With the new diplomacy patch and the addition of lords and landowners, this suggestion would be prohibitively excluding of new players.  It also lends itself to abuse and the formation of "good 'ol boys" clubs.  

As far as I know, peace will become a national decision voted on by land owners.  If the peace is broken, then I assume some sort of repercussion will be associated with the offender.

I wouldn't want to see the purchase of flags be made exclusive.

As far as I know, peace will become a national decision voted on by land owners.

It also lends itself to abuse and the formation of "good 'ol boys" clubs.  

you have answered yourself.

If the peace is broken, then I assume some sort of repercussion will be associated with the offender.

unless it is broken by the "old boys club" the council and land owners