Game-Labs Forum

Denmark-Norway: How to capture British ports

Anolytic

dXZBMHZV.jpeg

This is how you capture British ports. We would have used just one Pavel, but having someone to talk to on TS is a lot better to pass the time. And 2 pavels cuts the capture time by half. Both of our Le Grosse Ventres supposedly got compass wood, so the flag more than paid for itself.

It is the sincere wish of the Danish-Norwegian nation that today's patch gets rid of the trolling early morning timers. 

This is the time-zone of Denmark-Norway:

summertime-time-zones.jpg

For months now the British have zerged us with multiple flags by day and then put timers between 00 and 06 server time against us to avoid defending. It is frustrating having to look for players to stay up all night to capture empty British ports. 

We would have liked to do like the French and the Dutch do and post pictures of sunken fleets,

T3gxMkxj.jpegbut alas, ever since the battle for Aves brits have been unwilling to fight except for when they have our fleet split in half by having their Swedish puppets attack us in the east.

P.S. This guide to capturing British ports will probably, and hopefully, be outdated by the time the server and patch comes online today. Though Babay's video of the capture of Aves might still be instructional to anyone seeking to capture a British regional capital.

P.P.S. Nice to have National News back.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 6

lel, good fun post.

I'm jaded, even though this and future patches fixes this and that you can never truly fix the wide-reaching side effects of players' loss aversion. I know guys love their loss mechanic, but I'm not convinced the sum of effects end up as a positive value.

• Like 2

The time window is indeed something the devs should/must change. It give the British (again) an advantages since they have 24/7 players since most of the people join them.

Im still waiting a devs answer to my question in the Q&A thread about those numbers.. It is said they have 40% of the active players... And none deny it

Just tested first port battle since the patch against Fort Baai. We lost fair and square against superior numbers, but absolutely nothing has changed about port battles or timers with this patch only that we can no longer use our first rates. 

I look forward, as a brit, to the day they introduce the "Wars" where you need to announce port attacks in advance. So two nations can pitch all they have against eachother in a well prepared offence/defence. No more of this opportunistic, "well clan X is stuck there" lets cap a port or two while we can.

Ports are flipped way to fast, if one nation is having an off day with the better parts of some clans not online, they can lose a huge amount of ports in one day.

• Like 3

The time window is indeed something the devs should/must change. It give the British (again) an advantages since they have 24/7 players since most of the people join them.

Im still waiting a devs answer to my question in the Q&A thread about those numbers.. It is said they have 40% of the active players... And none deny it

Same goes to pirates/danes. They can play all time zones and pirates have the most players out of prime time.

Just going to have to take them back and do exactly the same, as many times as required. Which might be for as long as this game exists, it's not as though it's not something other factions haven't done. 

Par for the course.

Regards,

Edited by Crowley

Frankly, I can see where the Danes are coming from. I just hope they do not see our nation as incessant trolls/griefers who enjoy watching Danes get up early to retake ports. The ability to set timers for 4-6 generally allows for the next day (or consecutive days) to allow flag purchases to allow for us to keep the presence in a certain territory that we have gained permanently. I won't lie that the tactic is frustrating to deal with, but I hope that my Danish brothers can understand that this tactic is more of a problem with the game that's just being used by the Brits in order to compensate for multi-front wars.

Just going to have to take them back and do exactly the same, as many times as required. Which might be for as long as this game exists, it's not as though it's not something other factions haven't done. 

Par for the course.

Regards,

Thank you for admitting you enjoy setting dick timers.

**slowclap**

Not so much a matter of enjoyment than enabling us a day of unhindered offensive actions, if so wished. Believe me, it's tedious enough to stay up to take similarly-set Danish timers. 

Thus, if your own nation can do it, what (or whom) determines that we should not follow suite?

Glad to post it again. You did it the week before with three of your ports allowing you to pull flags from there uncontested. We got up early and took them from you. It's how the game works. I'm sure you will keep using that mechanic as well as we do. Only difference: we don't open forum threads about it.

• Like 1

Not so much a matter of enjoyment than enabling us a day of unhindered offensive actions, if so wished. Believe me, it's tedious enough to stay up to take similarly-set Danish timers. 

Thus, if your own nation can do it, what (or whom) determines that we should not follow suite?

This tastes good...

v7zblg.png

Can't say I'm that salty, Kloothommel. I've not lost a ship against the Danes in at least a week, I believe.

It's not as though engaging in offensive/defensive battles against the Danish main fleet would be any more sensible than setting timers to whatever is most appropriate.

Edited by Crowley

And the timer for El Soco is ?.

..set by veha, who actually lives in a timezone where that timer makes sense, and who always joins us in taking ports set to the same timer. While I do not personally like that we have that timer, since the patch we cannot change it. And that is just a single port. If attacked our players from different timezones are enough to mount a defence if they organise. It is different from setting all of southern Hispaniola to that timer and not defending anything.

• Like 1

We tried not using timers once in Panama. The port was taken 30 minutes after the server was back up.

This is why you can't have nice things.

Yes, because the current PB mechanics means that a port can be captured in 24 minutes by two ships. I look forward to when this will change. Untill then, see ya.

Maybe I should have posted this topic in Gameplay Discussions rather, to direct it more at the developers. However that would not have been as much fun. If I had been aware that this patch did not change anything at all I probably would have though.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

Edited by Anolytic

..set by veha, who actually lives in a timezone where that timer makes sense, and who always joins us in taking ports set to the same timer. While I do not personally like that we have that timer, since the patch we cannot change it. And that is just a single port. If attacked our players from different timezones are enough to mount a defence if they organise. It is different from setting all of southern Hispaniola to that timer and not defending anything.

You are really going to try and tell me that this is the only time you have used this tactic ? and this one unfortunate guy controls this port ?. You could have asked him at any time to change it, as you personally don't like it, but you didn't.