Game-Labs Forum

The last evening of PvP3

Archer11

Dear Pvp3

When the landlord announced, that I'll have to move out to a new home, because you'll be taken down, I was quite a bit sad.
I found a new place somwhere on Pvp1 though, which looks pretty good and the fellow inhabitants seem to be quite a good bunch and polite too.
Only the new flag is something I really have to get used to...

You, my dear PvP3, were my home since I came over from the PvE-server as fresh ensign (or was it 2nd Lt? Can't remember anymore, some months ago).

God, it was a totally different world. There were so many people, all the news flashing up, about someone starting an attack against someone else, those big ships, clans going here and there, chat running down...

Went solo for quite a while.

I remember those 4 highranked french captains, who took some cutters (obviously) for fun, sailed to Jamaica and attacked the first one in sight. And that was me (M&C by this time) in my Surprise east of Port Morant. They sank a Snow, which came to help and sank one of them, one tried to come aboard with his cutter, but no permission was given and he capsized. The others didn't make it back home either...

Or the evening in February, when SEIC visited Port Royal with 9 or 10 ships and as all the big clans were busy elsewhere, everyone from Frigate down to a mouldy floating plank went out to fight them.

Joined a clan then, which got disbanded soon afterwards, but one re-established it (thanks again Von!) and most of the guys came back. It grew pretty well and the game once again became something quite different and even more fun.
Very decent folks! It was and will be a pleasure to play alongside them..

This was pretty much the time of the end of the enemy-free zone around Jamaica, as pirates started to visit quite regularly, especially one in his speedboat of a Surprise...

Lost my Trinc to two Pirate-Renomees after trying to escape their dismasting for more than an hour. Learned again, that med guns + carros might be good for PvE but surley not for long distance PvP and that you should  never join a fight, when your better half is WAITING in the real world! Big No-No. VERY big.

Took part in some PBs, strangely always on the defending side. In two of the most memorable ones I saw the aforementioned pirates loosing their Santissimas. And that, I sadly have to admit, was quite a nice view for me.  ;)

Then there was the patch, were land appeared in battle. Absolutely awesome!
But also, in the first test (after some warnings, thanks chaps!), did my Renomee nearly sink after two Pickle-broadsides. Water up to the weatherdeck in no time. Just escaped. From. a. Pickle.
6-pders? More like 60-pders... Hard times, for me at least. But it got fixed.

So time passed by, spent with sailing the seas doing group-missions, PvP, trading, or just exploring foreign parts of the map.

There are many nice people out there, some not so nice ones, but hey, it's the internet.

There was a lot of fun and action.

Even some quiet moments at sea, with  the ship- and watersounds only.
All in all really good times in this part of the seas.

So fare thee well, my dear PvP3...

PS: for the TLDR-folks: nothing to see, for info just the line above and: NA is an absolutely great game!

PPS: And even on this very last evening these pirates can't stay at home... ;)

• Like 4

Yeah had fun times on that server. Met a nice bunch of people who ended up up joining our band of misfits. But it sadly went down hill when some nations couldn't keep up and left which diminished the numbers greatly. And I would like to say to the members of ARSE who are joining the Dutch, and the ones staying British all the best and hope to see you around still :). (And if we sink you no hard feelings!).

• Like 1

• 9 months later...