Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] The Dutch Join the War Against France

Lyric

Ladies, Gentlemen, mesdames, messieurs,

Short memories don't make peace, they start wars or let unnecessary ones continue.

The negotiated peace of the first French-Dutch war left the Trinidad area to the French as a gesture of involvement towards (not to the diplomats, not to the clan leaders, but) the player captains of the French Nation. "We", as in "most of the the Dutch Nation players", were at that time not interested in knocking down an enemy that was already down and wished for all players on this server to keep having an enjoyable experience. Although the vote was certainly not unanimous and I am personally still a bit bitter about how DAS and BOAT leadership were treated by some players in the Dutch Nation, peace eventually was accepted and we all hoped the French would get on their feet quickly again.

Nevertheless, circumstances much beyond control of both Nations got us at odds again and this second time we pushed on as far as Castries and talks for peace were proposed with also an offer for a white peace, returning to the status-quo of the first engagement. The French declined and wished to fight on, to much disappointment of the common Dutch Captain that were holding the lines. The fun was gone. So, many of us called it a French defeat ourselves and sailed home to attend to their loved ones (read: have some fun in other games or actually talking to their wives again).

The affair of states are simple and we can write all we want; however the fact is that the Dutch enjoy fighting the French. They are fun to sail against, act mature, and above all, are fun to talk to. Sadly to say it is not in our immediate interest to continue this dragging war, although, and I can say that quite clearly too it is also not necessary for us to end it at all. We are in a somewhat rich position to say that.

Our proposal is and was to get back to the status-quo there was after the first war, assign a few ports in the east for the active captains of the Eastern Clans to duke it out, leaving both nations in the positions to concentrate on a more prosperous future. Win-win, and in my view a great sign of mutual respect for both communities; it seems as fair as it is currently possible now and we are willing to go, judging the current readiness of both war fleets.

There you have it, out in the open, plain and clear to see for all that is saying he is misinformed.

Naval Action is a game of mutual respect in anything we do, even waging war, and especially in achieving peace; It is what we try our hardest to fight for in the Dutch Nation. We know and see the French as our equals in this, it is perhaps even the reason why we fight so well against each other.

A clear "Non, nous allons vous battre jusqu'à la fin des temps", is also an answer, which just leads our nations to other paths and other views. We are taking any situation as long as "maybe's" don't get dragged out as long this is going for now.

So, are we kissing or are we fighting 'till the end of times. ;)

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 3

Look. I had a long very well thought out post in the making, but it was erased. Here is the cliff notes version

French give Resource Ports to Swedish, and 3 strategic ports to Dutch as result of Black Friday

Swedes abuse given resource ports, ganking traders and lone French left and right. Swedish Council is now comprised of all major Swedish clans, and says the ganking will stop. It continues (as I can personally attest) so disgruntled french rightfully take back the ports the gankers were basing out of. 

The Dutch launch an attack on St Georges

In Response, the French take ~5 ports.

Sweden refuses to stop fighting and is whittled down to just Gustavia.

The tables turn, enabled by bug exploitation and underhandedness, which set French blood to boiling. Any possible peace at that stage was ended, as the French had their ports capped out from under them while they slept, and also viewed peace as impossible as long as their ally was continuing the fight. (the same excuse made by the Dutch, in fact)

The French fought on, reclaiming their territory, as dutch players, pissed off at giving up the fight with the pirates to fight the french, stop logging on daily. Clans consider re rolling to other nations, due to a strong dislike of new national leadership

This exodus of Dutch players, combined with the fix of the bugs, enables the French to reclaim almost all their territory, including the 3 french ports held by the Dutch after Black Friday

The Swedish agree to a peace deal I have not been made privy to yet. The dutch, who joined the war to aid sweden in their aggression, refuse to stop the war unless the French make concessions

The french maintain that they took back their ports that The Dutch took from them after black friday fair and square. From the looks of things, they may be going after 1 additional port that they did not have at Black Friday, in reparations for the Dutch attack.

only 1 port. Yet the dutch refuse to make peace

I am not on the council, I am not a diplomat, this is my view of things, taken from old PvP2 friends in VP, having participated in the war, and a few discussions with some Dutch diplomats.

I didnt saw so much lies and distorted informations in one post. Give me names of Dutch diplomats you were talking with. I dont believe it was Preafect or Icceman and for sure i didnt talk with you. So just give names of those Dutch "diplomats". Really i dont believe what i see above, its just so far from any facts as it can be.

This user was fed with a way too much propaganda. So if the whole french community believes this stuff actually, we will have a hard time to come along.^^

Btw: Who is this "new leadership" and who are these "dutch diplomats"? There aren´t so many new guys nor many dutch diplos, u know?^^

I am an american. I have old PvP2 friends in Holland I regularly chat with who provide me with most of my info. 

You can stop the lies man. The councils have dominating personalities, and currently, 1 personality is dominating that council, maybe because other council members arent on as much. Idk. 

"European Dutch" are not talked about in glowing terms either. The comment "They wont do anything without a full 25 man PB fleet and a 25 man screen fleet" was said a few times

I didnt saw so much lies and distorted informations in one post. Give me names of Dutch diplomats you were talking with. I dont believe it was Preafect or Icceman and for sure i didnt talk with you. So just give names of those Dutch "diplomats". Really i dont believe what i see above, its just so far from any facts as it can be.

These arent lies. This is what happened, as I saw them. I do not remember the name of the dutch diplomat(s) as this was several weeks ago. 

You can stop the lies man. The councils have dominating personalities, and currently, 1 personality is dominating that council, maybe because other council members arent on as much. Idk.

Who? Pellasgos? Glazo? Frank Fletcher? praefect? Admiral Tromp? Who?^^

Since every council clan has actualy one vote and since all the decisions in the past weeks were without dissenting vote its hard to make criticism about an ominous all mighty power in our council. ;)

But pls send greetings to charlieZulu. Is he still used as pirate spy within the dutch nation? ;)

Edited by praefect

then you should stop with this kind of blackmail you make it only harder for your self, the French and Dutch community and the diplo's.

and i want to know who is your contact in the Vereenigde Proviniciën

Edited by pietjenoob

An old friend that I wont give up. If a clan leaves Holland for some other faction it will narrow things down for you.

Praefect, Glazo, is this a French diplomat? If this is the way you are spoken to and the talks have degenerated in, we will have a very short meeting tomorrow.

.... a very, very short meeting.

Nevertheless, circumstances much beyond control of both Nations got us at odds again and this second time we pushed on as far as Castries and talks for peace were proposed with also an offer for a white peace,

Well, Not really the term of the french reddition wase next: Be allied of british and fight the pirate with you AND loose guadeloupe for sweden AND lost all port in south of Carriacou. It's what i calla a "white peace".

At the time, if you say to US: Stop the war with white peace and do what you want with the british on the island of haiti and let the danish alone we will accept this proposal but you don't do that you want to humiliate us... The only result wase a rienferocement of our strenght and cohesion. Thank you guy french faction become stronger each day. 

These arent lies. This is what happened, as I saw them. I do not remember the name of the dutch diplomat(s) as this was several weeks ago. 

Man, im in Dutch Councill since months and im one of Dutch diplomats, I know all other Dutch diplos, and i was present during many diplomatic talks including those with French diplos durring current war. All u wrote is distorted information and has nothing to do with facts, really. I dont know who is your source, but he trolling you, or just has wrong informations.

@Lytse

Don´t think (hope) so.

@whynotfr

Like the 50th time, nobody asked the french to become ally with the brits! Also nobody demanded to attack the pirates! Who is telling this bs? <_<

Well, Not really the term of the french reddition wase next: Be allied of british and fight the pirate with you AND loose guadeloupe for sweden AND lost all port in south of Carriacou. It's what i calla a "white peace".

And no, that was NOT a white peace. That was a proposal AFTER u refused 4 white peace proposals. Can someone pls translate this into french? -_-

At the time, if you say to US: Stop the war with white peace and do what you want with the british on the island of haiti and let the danish alone we will accept this proposal but you don't do that you want to humiliate us... The only result wase a rienferocement of our strenght and cohesion. Thank you guy french faction become stronger each day.

To a certain degree trolling is funny, but that here is simply annoying.

If u don´t harm the british and if british agree on that, danes and french can do with the brits whatever they want. I don´t want to repeat it again. If u want to crush the brits, we will defend their community.

And I don´t see the french to become "stronger", but more numerous.

Edited by praefect

Praefect, Glazo, is this a French diplomat?

No, he is not. At least i didnt saw him by any talks with French side. Diplos form French side which are coming to talk with us are Kierrip, Eric, Kair and Horail.

Monsieur, it is what it is and what I posted. You may struggle to find it clear within you own head, but you are spamming so many other nations into this that you most likely confuse it with the United Nations. We are the United Provinces, an entire different thing. This is between the French and the Dutch. No more, no less. It is a simple question to ask the French player base on which we do not get a clear answer from your diplomats: are we kissing or are we fighting 'till the end of times?

Like I said, any answer is good, we hope for a peaceful one, if not paths will be reviewed and we deal with it.

well that had different kind of reason and you mean curse guys

Probably. I think his source must be inside Curse or FFD, i dont see any other possibilty to get such twisted infos, I like some of those guys, but they came to us not long ago, and dont have any idea about history of our nation on PvP1. Looks like AEthistan dont have such knowledge too, it is fairly clear from his first sentences about first FRA-VP peace. Simply he dont knows what he writes about.

what we want is you guys to listen for once and stop wining about the british we gave you ports so you could go across to fight them, not a lot of nation would do that and the british were afterwards not happy the only thing we ask is a peace were everybody is happy. but you guys don't want it because of bad community? or is it your are to proud to admit defeat? because most PB iam in it is viva la france since the beginning.

what we want is simple realistic

we want to defeat the pirates we only ask to not attack the british, but instead attack the pirates that is our main reason

Probably. I think his source must be inside Curse or FFD, i dont see any other possibilty to get such twisted infos, I like some of those guys, but they came to us not long ago, and dont have any idea about history of our nation on PvP1. Looks like AEthistan dont have such knowledge too, it is fairly clear from his first sentences about first FRA-VP peace. Simply he dont knows what he writes about.

sorry glazo FFD is a minor Dutch clan which is a good clan only some people has problems with Johannes coenradus

and FFD didnot leave the nation 

Edited by pietjenoob

From all those posts from French players here, not involved in diplo talks, i have bad feeling, that French diplos are talking with us one thing, and then giving completly oposite infos inside French nation. In fact even during diplo talks with them Kierip says one thing, then Eric comes and says something opposite to Kierrip, and next day Kair says third version from his point of view, thats why talks with them are not going to any conclusion.

i'm a memer of french concil so i can say to you that what information i have and what we know. Thos information i have every french officier have this information.

It's very clear you don't want a separate peace. And yes we don't respond to your humilited peace treaty. 

I personally had a really good impression of Horail and Kaiir. Had the feeling, that there was a rly good understanding and personal trust, so I enjoyed the talks. Would like to continue with that. :)

It's very clear you don't want a separate peace. And yes we don't respond to your humilited peace treaty.

Can some other french council member approve that statement? Because no further time investments are needed so. Still don´t know if its a language barrier or some culture stuff...

Edited by praefect
  • Like 2