Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] The Dutch Join the War Against France

Lyric

I think the French should ask for all ports east of canalete and all the rice in williamstad, seems fair.

Sounds great.

Dont touch my RICE!!!!!! :angry:

Except for his.

I don't want his Twin brother or whatever hurting my cat.

Making peace takes more courage and effort then making war, but let's not make it a Farce majeure, Kierrip. "a bit split", that is the same as a little bit pregnant.

Do we understand correctly the French don't want peace? Surely, it is not the answer we seek, but we respect any choice made, however I'd like to stress out that if we are not able to broker a peace soon enough there might be long term effects for viable future talks between our nations. A situation I'd like to avoid at great personal cost

The split is not about peace or not peace, but about what to propose and how to negociate with 2 nations at war together. Negociating nation per nation would be really easier but as you don't want to negociate nation per nation we have to think about a general agreement and if some love the dutch some dislike the swedish and if some love the swedish they dislike the dutch and on final all love to speak. + The danish are now attacked in their own waters what is changing the things.

So... It's more long than expecting but we are going in the good direction to speak about peace this week and hopfully having an agremeent that satisfy all party.

Not sure if we should stop now, DesMoines and Pellasgos are pretty close to become really good friends actually, just let them sink each other a few times more. ^^

hahaha maybe we can just all make peace and let those two fight each other for us :P

On a more serious side note, I personally would like to raise the question why we should stop now. I mean, I found some rly nice and fair french captains in the past few days u can have rly nice chat with. The french have fair port timers, it´s great fun to fight them, they are a good training partner for our PVE guys and they are much closer than the pirates. Wow, somehow this gives me a deja-vu ^^

To give a short update:

French refused any kind of peace talks again. They consider this war as great fun for them (dutch are closer than british and we would have fair port timers) and us the dutch as a good training partner for their inexperienced players.
Edited by praefect

Well, war goes both ways. They attack us. We attack them. So please tell me, what does that change?

Kierrip is saying too little and too much:

Too little because our proposal is not yet ready and too much because our relations with our danish allies is a private matter

So it doesnt change anything for you ;-)

Kierrip, I know it is a broader spectrum, I think the talks have boiled down to a choice. Like Manta says above, only a few dots on the map have changed, it is not about that, nor peace or war, it is a choice that will shape the future relationship between our nations and the eastern side of the Caribbean.

I could say it is a choice between a proud and strong France being a most valued partner in a great eastern block or an outcasted and more modest France where their flag is synonymous of sailing with the black for us; but I shall not. I know the choice is more difficult than such a black and white statement. I do then love the picture Tenakha Kan posted; I see no pirates nor vikings, I see Bretons and Gauls who believe in magic potions that can change the world into a much better place. It is that magic we need to get this going; we can believe too.

The Swedish and Dutch have been clear in their intentions and direction they are willing to take this. Their resolve of maintaining article 5 of the defensive treaty is stronger than ever. It is France that has to make a (difficult) choice, but the longer it takes, the more the scales tip will towards a future of continuous turmoil instead of a most deserved prosperity for all in the east.

No small burden rests on your council’s shoulders.

• Like 2

The problem is the next: We will never be the allied of the Brit's..... I prefere to re-rol pirate to play side by side with the perfide albion. And in french concil i can assure you that 99.9% want war untill end of the world against the british.
France as an encestral enemy: british. We play RP we fight RP. We prefere to be ally or neutral of the pirate than help the british or be in peace with them.    

And it's continue outside of the game:

Edited by whynotfr
  • Like 3

Damn, that's why band dessinée should be elevated to Beaux-Arts status. Such grace, such pose and faithful representation of the human nature and feelings. :lol:

A bit too early for that, we are still in the neoclassic period during the Naval Action era, but I wholeheartedly agree the comic should be considered art instead of only 'artistic'.  ;)

One can only begin to imagine the turmoil the new diplomatic patch will bring to all this.I await its implimentation with a wry smile.

So do we all, if not with a wry smile, it will be with a raised eyebrow.

• Like 1

The problem is the next: We will never be the allied of the Brit's..... I prefere to re-rol pirate to play side by side with the perfide albion. And in french concil i can assure you that 99.9% want war untill end of the world against the british.

France as an encestral enemy: british. We play RP we fight RP. We prefere to be ally or neutral of the pirate than help the british or be in peace with them.    

And it's continue outside of the game:

I don´t know why you bring real life into this.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but you are basically saying that Brits and Frenchs can´t get along with eachother in real life, and therefore you can´t make peace with an Ingame Nation, that consists of players from a lot of different nations?

What´s the next step, judging ingame Nation by religions?

• Like 4