Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] The Dutch Join the War Against France

Lyric

Hî there,

Is there still a dutch council?

If yes does he represant all the society on the dutch nation?

The communication become loudy for us when everyone is speaking differents things.

Praefect seems to hate the French or at least me. He was really more smart when his ship was docking I'm front of FR.

Maybe communication could be easier with new diplomats to represent both nation?

I came on your ts yesterday on diplo channel. 20 people on ts, noone to speak...

It's the perfect time to come on an agreement about how to finish this battles...

1. Is there still a dutch council?

2. If yes does he represant all the society on the dutch nation?

3. The communication become loudy for us when everyone is speaking differents things.

4. Praefect seems to hate the French or at least me. He was really more smart when his ship was docking I'm front of FR.

5. Maybe communication could be easier with new diplomats to represent both nation?

6. I came on your ts yesterday on diplo channel. 20 people on ts, noone to speak...

7. It's the perfect time to come on an agreement about how to finish this battles...

1. Yes, there is. Right after u left the server I joined the meeting as I told u. And I offered u to continue the talks after the meeting. U rejected cos of time issues. Are there no other french diplos we could come in touch then?

2. The dutch council consist of representatives of every dutch clan whos willing to participate.

3. Not me nor Glazo or anyone else became loud or gave you the impression that there could be another instance to listen to.

4. I do not hate the french, in fact I was one of the persons who defended french diplomacy and tried to better relations, even after all the french pro pirate / contra dutch comments in the past. So I just dislike ur way of diplomacy, because it´s missing the respect towards us.

5. We already asked for Kaiir to come in touch with us, so where is he? And o.c. Glazo [PFK] or another dutch diplo can take over from me. ;)

6. Well, few min after u joined our server a diplo came in touch with u. That´s by far faster then on french ts, isn´t it. We also do not (like others ;) ) kick foreign diplos from server, do not put them into jail, do not miss appointments of coalition peace talks and do not insult them while they are our guests. ;)

U r also missing, that our bigger clans have own TS servers.

7. Well, we tried from the very begin of the war and french always rejected. I would say, be patient and wait what the dutch council will decide kerrib. Ur excuse for no peace proposal was, that u guys needed 2 weeks to talk with everyone. We had 1,5 days now to come in touch with everyone. ;)

Hope ur questions are answered.

Edited by praefect

Hî there,

Is there still a dutch council?

If yes does he represant all the society on the dutch nation?

The communication become loudy for us when everyone is speaking differents things.

Praefect seems to hate the French or at least me. He was really more smart when his ship was docking I'm front of FR.

Maybe communication could be easier with new diplomats to represent both nation?

I came on your ts yesterday on diplo channel. 20 people on ts, noone to speak...

It's the perfect time to come on an agreement about how to finish this battles...

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14397-nations-should-rally-against-the-pirates-before-its-too-late/?p=268020

Hi Kierrip,

See link. RvR is mostly dead until changes come. "The war is over" (to quote an Alain Resnais film) for many of us already. The skeleton crew in the nation and Dutch Council is still regularly coming together and will come back to you for sure.

On a sidenote: insinuating Praefect hates you (above) is perhaps just one of the miscommunication and cultural differences I was referring to in my linked post. Praefect is a very well respected member of the Dutch Council diplomatic core, his job is to bring a message loud and clear, regardless of his own opinions. He nails that perfectly every time even if that got him less sympathy with you.

• Like 1

You, dutch win the first battle, but us french we will win the war with our allied.
You react like a german who can say "ouinnnnn there is russian, american, french, british against us, it's not fair we win in 1940 why they don't accept to loose war?" here we are in 1945 at the gate of berlin and you continue to say that you win the war.....
Ridiculous. 

We will continue to beat you and we will propose honorable treaty! As you don't act when you where in front of Fort Royal! now you say the game is broken but he is not! you haven't think long term war and what's happen? the steam machine is reversing! 

See you at fort zoutman when we will be in contact with the pirate! 

Lol, u guys have some serious health problems.^^

We will continue to beat you

To beat us u actually would need to fight us, but there is no dutch left to fight. While we conquered, u guys just travel trough and do some sight-seeing.^^

Edited by praefect

You, dutch win the first battle, but us french we will win the war with our allied.

You react like a german who can say "ouinnnnn there is russian, american, french, british against us, it's not fair we win in 1940 why they don't accept to loose war?" here we are in 1945 at the gate of berlin and you continue to say that you win the war.....

Ridiculous. 

We will continue to beat you and we will propose honorable treaty! As you don't act when you where in front of Fort Royal! now you say the game is broken but he is not! you haven't think long term war and what's happen? the steam machine is reversing! 

First of all Frenchmans, you should decide what you have to say to us and how you wanna telli it. Currently your diplomats shows some symptoms of split personality, Kierrip says one thing, Eric another, Kaiir third and here you making some fourth statement different to three official diplomats. You have momentum now in this war, but we'll see how long ;)

Edited by Glazo
  • Like 1

Ridiculous. 

The only thing that is true about your statement is that the french in WW and in NA only win when everyone else is coming to free them or noone to fight is left :)

You can take everything to zoutman but that wont change the fact, that as soon we meet somewhere in even BR you guys gonna sink <3

• Like 3

Don't be childish... Yes, WhyNot, this crazy dolphin, start with History references, and bring the debat to spit on real irl sacrifice and war is not very honorable, for everyone.
Let the diplomats do their job (they seems to enjoy that a lot, sometimes ahah).

And just to Manta Scorpion: "that as soon we meet somewhere in even BR you guys gonna sink <3"

So bring your best men and your best ships, because that's not what happened the last days :P

Don't worry. We, french, are not like the dutch, we will not search to humiliate you like you want to humilated us when we have only 3-4 ports! We are not "suprême" we just want to gain our historical territory and we will can stop this war if you want.
Or we can continue to beat you until you will accept our generous offer (and we will not change the term of the treaty on road like you do). 

ps: i'm not involved in diplomatic things. i spoke in my name. but be shure that there is more radical than me in french faction. If you want have nervous crazy french at you door continue to act as now. If you want peace and be respected by french act like chevalier not like peasant. 

And don't take my exemple of the WWII for a lake of respect, i just exposed an easy historical fact about a faction who win battle but not a war. I can say something similar with napoleon. 

Edited by whynotfr

We asked the french for peace from the very beginning of the war and french refused every single time for a different reason. So u guys just do propaganda to feel better.^^

Yes At the start of the war you want peace to ejected us of the war Danes vs Sweden + dutch. We can't let an allied alone. Not possible, sorry. France hase a reputation and must to preserve it. Imagine tomorow we are allied you are attacked and the pirate attack us, what did you say if we immediatly surrender and we don't fight for ou allied?

For me ther is only one other honnorable faction in the game: Spain. spannish player are very kind and if i can embrass all of them i will do. 

After that, when we were at 3-4 ports you say "we want all of the south" and the swed "ok now we want all of gouadeloupe + roseau or Rosaly" By doing that you just bring the guilde/clan of french faction unified and ready for a long war!

Your diplomcy is brutal and not very smart on this particular point. 

Hope you will be more smart with our next proposal who will be very generous, respectfull and kind and nice. 

Don't worry. We, french, are not like the dutch, we will not search to humiliate you like you want to humilated us when we have only 3-4 ports! We are not "suprême" we just want to gain our historical territory and we will can stop this war if you want.

Or we can continue to beat you until you will accept our generous offer (and we will not change the term of the treaty on road like you do). 

ps: i'm not involved in diplomatic things. i spoke in my name. but be shure that there is more radical than me in french faction. If you want have nervous crazy french at you door continue to act as now. If you want peace and be respected by french act like chevalier not like peasant. 

And don't take my exemple of the WWII for a lake of respect, i just exposed an easy historical fact about a faction who win battle but not a war. 

Sir, I shall never forget the outcome of the First French-Dutch war to test the RvR mechanisms after being flamed and raged (together with some other [DAS]/[bOAT] members) upon by all parties on all sides of the conflict. A firm voice of reason was called for after that Black Friday as your community lay in shambles and was greatly divided. Trinidad that was held by France soon after still counts as a firm token of respect, reason and willingness to forward a thought of a fun-for everyone attitude and self-imposed-aggressiveness-restraints towards using the unfinished RvR mechanics.

This second war the same, although the reaction was more: "guys, we defeated them again, stuff is broken, whilst fun, let's see if we can talk stuff out and refocus and let's do something else, hopefully together with the French this time." It was also why the dutch council reached out many times and were puzzled by the French doubts ....unless they had turned towards a different point of view towards when someone is beaten or not. And you guys have. Your vocal presence says nothing otherwise. I weep for that change.

Alas, the spirit of cooperative testing has gone under the tense of "kill-em all and demoralize the common players to claim a win", which is even fueled by remarks of the game developers themselves that you could always change nations or take a break.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 3

I do miss fighting in the unwinable never ending wars of the current build, I'm pretty sure given time and after the new diplo patch and port wipe your gonna look back and think " What was all that about".

ports aren t needed , all you need is one ship so while the Danes sit laughing at all this I wonder do you even know what your fighting for?

Side A reduces side B to one port then has to sit outside every night making sure the reduced side can't take like 5 ports back in one night or your back to the status quo again?

Sounds like slot of chest puffing for nothing to me, this is after all the 3rd war between France and the Dutch, anyone care about how the last two finished?

Most people posting here didn t even fight in the first, maybe even the second.

Edited by Tac
  • Like 3

The problem for the dutch is the following:

At the start of the war you say you don't want real engagement, we trust on that. We were not very engaged in this war and so many player don't care because you say you want a "clean war without hate" we agree on that. But you take all of south, then you continue on our capital, then the sweed push.

And i will not talk about the comportement of the dutch during battle and your Pellagos on the global etc....

If you have respected the settlment of a "small war confined in a small area" we where not where we are today. 

TAC: it's a big topic in french faction actualy. 

Edited by whynotfr

ps: i'm not involved in diplomatic things. i spoke in my name. but be shure that there is more radical than me in french faction. If you want have nervous crazy french at you door continue to act as now

Your diplomcy is brutal and not very smart on this particular point.

You guys forced us to leave our fun at haiti.

You guys denied for weeks any kind of white peace for selfish reasons.

You guys ignored the needs of the server and of our community and only consider ur own.

You guys got warned that if war continues, pvp-player want to have something back in return.

We just asked for our former dutch ports we gave the french after the 1st war and u call our diplomacy brutal?!

That`s why the current french diplomacy can not be taken serious. Since weeks we are wasting our time with you already. You guys had multiple chances for white peace and even now u would like to continue.

If u have so many radicals in ur community and since u r the darlings of the pirates the french can´t be trusted anyway and might be a natural enemy of us then.

piratefrench.gif

Edited by praefect
  • Like 5

1. At the start of the war you say you don't want real engagement, we trust on that.

2. We were not very engaged in this war and so many player don't care because you say you want a "clean war without hate" we agree on that.

3. But you take all of south, then you continue on our capital, then the sweed push.

4. And i will not talk about the comportement of the dutch during battle and your Pellagos on the global etc....

1. We never said that, we just asked for a gentlemen war. No proper answer from the french here. French proposal was: danish & french are allowed to craft flags. On swedish side only swedish are allowed to, dutch only are allowed to intercept flags. O.c. we rejected that.

2. Not true, u guys took 5 ports from us, we took just one in that time.

3. At time we had already proposed peace for several time but french always refused. At time u guys thought the upcoming patch would be in ur favor.

4. I personally saw several insults from french players and I do not care what a single dutch person wrote on global chat. French are not better here.

Edited by praefect
  • Like 1

1: The word wase passed in french teamspeak and everybody agree on that. Sorry that you don't have reply it's not my work.

2: That wase just for trial not a real fight. 

3: We honnored an alliance, if you do the same with us and let the sweed alone maybe today we will on your side against the pirates.

4: I know some "isolate case" the problem come from when you have a big player of a big clan who insult french. 

You declare the war against us. Don't re-whrite history. 

Edited by whynotfr
  • Like 1

And just to Manta Scorpion: "that as soon we meet somewhere in even BR you guys gonna sink <3"

So bring your best men and your best ships, because that's not what happened the last days :P

Dont know about other dutchies, they seemed to play pretty decent in pb if I watch the map (even if there arent many atm)

Our group:

We got beaten in a 4x4 and that was because 3 of us tried to help a brit who was nearly dead when we got there.

We never lost an other battle within a 1.5 BR range, will be a plessure to fight you (if the guys come back since they left because of the dmg model)

Edited by Manta Scorpion

1: The word wase passed in french teamspeak and everybody agree on that. Sorry that you don't have reply it's not my work.

3: We honnored an alliance, if you do the same with us and let the sweed alone maybe today we will on your side against the pirates.

4: I know some "isolate case" the problem come from when you have a big player of a big clan who insult french.

1. So do not blame us for that, blame the french diplo work.

2. How the hell we can smell if u take 5 ports as serious act or fun/try?! For a neutral it´s simply an aggressive act in a full going war.

3. We never broke the alliance with u. We just stood with the french ag. Danes and their allied forces. By attacking the swedes our defence pact triggered and u guys knew a week before what would happen in that case.

4. Even then I saw too many insults and unfriendliness on french side to care about that dutchi.

You declare the war against us. Don't re-whrite history. 

Ignorance is a bliss. And to the one in your signature, it's Nash, perhaps one of the best PvP-ers brawlers in game and the most creative battle commander in-game for sure. The manoeuvre we used many times for the past weeks is actually what I refer to as " the Nash Scuffle" where rudders are secured, hands put in front of our eyes and enemy lines are cut whilst underpants are browned and ears are deafened by cannon fire. Very effective, very chaotic, heaps of fun.

Ignorance is a bliss. And to the one in your signature, it's Nash, perhaps one of the best PvP-ers brawlers in game and the most creative battle commander in-game for sure. The manoeuvre we used many times for the past weeks is actually what I refer to as " the Nash Scuffle" where rudders are secured, hands put in front of our eyes and enemy lines are cut whilst underpants are browned and ears are deafened by cannon fire. Very effective, very chaotic, heaps of fun.

This guy is very good realy i respect him even if he make me scream hahahahha.