Game-Labs Forum

Please change the primitive BP System i crafted dozen of ships still no BP's!

And how would you suggest it should be done? Saying you want something changed is good and all, but it would very much be helpful as well if there was a suggestion as to how to change it.

Just get to craft level 50 first after that rate will increase. 

And how would you suggest it should be done? Saying you want something changed is good and all, but it would very much be helpful as well if there was a suggestion as to how to change it.

Buying BP with Gold (not Gold ressource) or with Labour hours.

Buying BP with Gold (not Gold ressource) or with Labour hours.

Not something I'd like to have happen. With Gold being so inflated, and labor hours being a constantly replenishing resources, I don't think that just giving out a blueprint is something that should happen. I firmly believe that the player should be forced to earn it. Perhaps an RNG drop might not be the best option, but I definitely feel that you shouldn't just be able to buy the BP right out.

How about an increasing chance up to 100% ? Because it is not fun to craft half a dozen except frigates and get nothing....

Not something I'd like to have happen. With Gold being so inflated, and labor hours being a constantly replenishing resources, I don't think that just giving out a blueprint is something that should happen. I firmly believe that the player should be forced to earn it. Perhaps an RNG drop might not be the best option, but I definitely feel that you shouldn't just be able to buy the BP right out.

Whats's wrong with Gold  for BP's?

It would help to minimize the inflation as another money sink.

What about a "research tree" where you are able to 'unlock' the BPs from a fixed amount of crafting xp from crafting the previous ship or something? So not RNG, but like 20 common ships, but maybe 12,5 if you make only exceptional or something?

Just an idea..

free-shrug-gif-485.gif

• Like 1

I'm sure scientists would love to find the blueprint (read cure) for cancer without all the trying and failing, and investments  ;)  

Current system might not be the best, but the one you suggest is most definately not. There has to be an investment made to get the better blueprints, both in time and money. The ones that make investments in a project and see it through, very often come out on top cashing in the rewards (talking RL here, but counts for games aswell).

I've made 4 excp. ships so far, got 6 blueprints to show for it, and I am fairly certain the reason is that I don't build them before I am atleast 5 levels above its (exceptional) requierement. Not to rub it in your face, but it is also the feedback I get from people I know who craft and put a logical effort in to it, and, like me, has an infrastructure surrounding it to make materials.

When at the subject, crafting should be a team effort.

I would hate bp's to be "freebies" just to be bought with gold and/or LH. Money is way too easy to be made atm in this game.

Just my 2 cents

Mads

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

Indeed you get BP's with 9.7 but with current patch crafters are screwed!

BP drops are fine. Sure, they're not a 100% chance, but I've had 3 Mortar Brig, a Trincomalee, Connie, Bellona and the hilariously rare Pavel from Ingermanland BP drops.

BP drops work fine to me. Don't change it. And not everyone must get the chance to craft any ship "at once". Keep playing and you'll get the plans. Or adress any other crafter which is capable of crafting your desired ship in the meantime.

• Like 1

BP drops work fine to me. Don't change it. And not everyone must get the chance to craft any ship "at once". Keep playing and you'll get the plans. Or adress any other crafter which is capable of crafting your desired ship in the meantime.

No i wanna self build all ships!

BP drops are fine. Sure, they're not a 100% chance, but I've had 3 Mortar Brig, a Trincomalee, Connie, Bellona and the hilariously rare Pavel from Ingermanland BP drops.

don't get me wrong Lucky you

some craft dozens of ships without a BP dropping just look at the amount of frigates for sale

It needs something to make it a bit more dependable and less random and that ties it to your crafting lvl and the ships you've already built

• Like 1

Total crap, that after 10 ships are built (6 exceptional) that nothing has dropped. It doesn't make me want to stay and try again...it makes me angry and want to leave. Idiotic, moronic system that at best does what it should and at worst drives people away from crafting. I'm not rolling dice on a craps table, I'm crafting a ship.

• Like 2

I can fully understand your frustration with the BP drop.

The advice I have followed to give the best chance of BP drop is;

1- Always craft exceptional ships when after BP

2- Try to be a much higher craft level than the exceptional ship you are crafting requires.

3- I read a while ago that in a patch a while back BP% drop is assigned to every player per BP, as an additional modifier. There by, some BP will be more likely/unlikely to drop per player. Now don't quote me on that as I'm not going to try and dig out where I read that, but oddly I got Ingermanland very quickly, over some more standard BP I was trying for.

4- If the BP not dropping you are after, ditch it for now, boost your craft level and focus on a different/lower BP. You will find they do drop quite quickly when you get your craft level up.

Its not a perfect system, but does seem to provide some balance and reward when following the principle's above.

Good luck. ;)

Edited by Carljcharles

3 gold brigs crafted today after patch to try the rattlesnake BP and no luck ... at least got the navy brig that was one of the few Bp's i was missing ... frustrating 

well i now build 7 except. frigates - got one mid note. 2 except. belle poule - got nothing. 2 except. trincos - got 1 mid-note.

trinco BP i bought from the market. thats is really frustrating. i mostly play pvp and port battles so the time to get resources is rare. 

why not dropping BP also as loot in port battles? with a connection to your crafting level. so if you can build a ship except but still dont have the BP you get a 10% chance of dropping.also would be nice to see your chances for BP dropping in the crafting menu. 

for me it is really frustrating atm. i can chose between defending our nation or buying resources for crafting ships which i just build for getting the next BP. the whole ship crafting could be more transparent. 

Edit : today next frigate and absolutely nothing

Edited by Enemy

The blueprint system as it stands is much better than how it used to be. I feel your frustration, but back when the Trincomalee was a big deal, I had a friend who stopped counting at 50 exceptionals when trying to get it to drop.

The new system is definitely faster, if still frustrating given the hit to your pocketbook

I'm not having a lot of problems with crafting. Have found a couple of BP's myself, but also spended 380+ hours of game time.

Combine the crafting system with exploration. You'll get BP's from crafting AND you'll get BP pieces with exploration. How cool would that be. ^^

If you've found 2 pieces and you need 3 pieces, for example, someone can sell or give you a piece they've found. But then again you can buy the BP's straight off the market, which isn't that great as said before.

Perhaps you could combine it with the trading/exploration, the new XP system for example. Everytime you travel you get a chance to earn a piece. The longer you travel, the higher the chance (and XP -> when going into a port!). Its a system on its own, just like combat and trading is. You earn money and XP.

What about a "research tree" where you are able to 'unlock' the BPs from a fixed amount of crafting xp from crafting the previous ship or something? So not RNG, but like 20 common ships, but maybe 12,5 if you make only exceptional or something?

Just an idea..

Somewhat the same as the research tree, or could be combined with the current travel XP. When traveling you get XP to put in your research tree,... and/or crafting XP,...

Has numerous of advantages and disadvantages:

Still need to invest time, you actually need to travel. Trading and non-trading purpose (should still be some kind of risk for non-trading, like a special flag or announcement - not a free ticket to BP's).

Exploring would actually be a thing, just like fighting (PvP and PvE) and trading. You will also earn XP with the new system, just like traders. A trader makes money by selling goods, an explorer by exploring (chests,BP, minigame?).

Could actually reduce the traveling - YT, Twitch,... combination. Yes i'm guilty too. Can put random circles with 'treasures',...

Could be a carebear system, but doesn't have to be. For example, the announcement would let others know you've found a piece. Players might actually hunt them to claim the treasure themselves. The outpost teleport would benefit other players, such as pirates, to raid these explorers - you're still carrying a treasure just like any other trader out there.

Could be exploited. Players sailing in circles in their own waters (therefore not being an 'exploit' -> announcement,...) and other examples perhaps.

Perhaps time consuming again, hardcore player mechanic?

Just a swift idea i've worked out here, could be enjoyable.

Also take in mind: there aren't a LOT of ships in-game (if you take in mind that there were a lot of ships - which aren't implemented yet). So the % might actually be pretty high for the time being. :)

But it all comes down to being Lucky... Exploring could reduce the amount of luck, but still. The research tree is more steady.

Edited by Cpt Fred
  • Like 1

3 gold brigs crafted today after patch to try the rattlesnake BP and no luck ... at least got the navy brig that was one of the few Bp's i was missing ... frustrating 

Yesterday at Craft level 41, I crafted my first exceptional Brig going after Rattlesnake. I'm sorry to say that the first ever brig I created, it dropped 3BP, Rattlesnake, Navy Brig and Mortar Brig.

Personally, I'm not complaining I seem to do pretty well with the drops. But I am concerned for the game generally, that there appears to be a significant difference between player luck.

Is there perhaps some other modifiers at work. For example, I'm largely a sole crafter, I'm not pumping out ships with my labour hours and having others supply the mats.

3 BP only dropped because of your own high crafting lvl. So see this as a benefit for high lvl crafters vrafting low lvl ships :)

3 BP only dropped because of your own high crafting lvl. So see this as a benefit for high lvl crafters vrafting low lvl ships :)

I'd agree with that. I have been saying that craft level does appear to make a notable difference to the drop %. However, I have heard first hand reports of level 50 crafters not being able to drop BPs from level 35 ships after many repeat builds.

So it almost feels like there may be some other mechanic at work than just ...(Craft Level, Ship Craft Level required compared to current craft level, Ship Notes Used).